Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
He needed to be corrected (and he was) for trying to bring amongst USA blacks the reason why he failed in jamaica in the first place

obviously the american side

"pure black" in the Garvey/jamaican sense meant dark skinned people. Garvey's wife wasn't even considered "black" in Jamaica, as she was a part of the "brown class" and she wasn't even that light :dahell: (this better explains why Garvey hated light skinned blacks lol)

female-leader-amy-jacques.jpg

ev5KyQG.jpg

It would appeear Dubois was for America as you are, whilst Garvey was about the black race (however defined) worldwide

is that an accurate assessment?

the very fact you agree he should have been punished says a lot

I agree with the Dubois philosophy in that one cannot discount those who are mixed
and if Garvey was bashing allies
I would disagree with that

these things are complexed

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Of course dubois agreed garvey was somewhat right : garvey regurgitated in the 1920s what aframs had already said/did in the 1800s

But that isn’t the point.

Garvey deserves his credit for taking it to the next level. And even Dubois later accepted he was right despite spending most of his life in disagreement with Garvey.

No one is perfect or not infallible - we’re all mere mortals. We can critique his shortcomings but it doesn’t take anything away from his greatness.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
But that isn’t the point.

Garvey deserves his credit for taking it to the next level. And even Dubois later accepted he was right despite spending most of his life in disagreement with Garvey.

No one is perfect or not infallible - we’re all mere mortals. We can critique his shortcomings but it doesn’t take anything away from his greatness.

Dubois didn't spend most his life in disagreement with Garvey, he only disagreed with parts of the Garvey plan.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
To you & you’re entitled to your opinion.

However, to those who came after him like MLK, Malcolm X, etc. in the Americas & Africa who used his blueprint - he was a hero.
Detroit Red's FATHER was a UNIA member, Detroit Red ran numbers, robbed, scammed, and pimped despite that.
The NOI transformed him, and they were inspired by Noble Drew Ali.
Nobody needed Garvey, Liberia and Sierra Leone already existed.
EJ Rozell and Bishop Henry McNeil Turner achieved his goal before he was thought of.
He inspired people like Umar. Those leaky, bum ass boats are just like his money pit of a school.
Oh, and while we're here, let's get on HIS mixed wife since people like to talk about Peanut. :mjpls: I'm not a Tariq fan but yeah, let's talk about how colorstruck Marcus LOVED Amy Jacques wavy hair and fair skin, coming from a 3 tier society like Jamaica.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Dubois didn't spend most his life in disagreement with Garvey, he only disagreed with parts of the Garvey plan.

i am gonna be honest with you. You appearing rather suspect.
If you were one of the usual divisive dumb posters, you could be excused.
You too smart to be doing what you doing.
Must then be a purpose.

Keep in mind you have turned countless folks who have read this thread against Garvey
even a few posts above one person called him a 'grifter and bum"

this goes with a long line of propoganda
many times pushed forth by our OWN PEOPLE
sad

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
It would appeear Dubois was for America as you are, whilst Garvey was about the black race (however defined) worldwide

is that an accurate assessment?

the very fact you agree he should have been punished says a lot

I agree with the Dubois philosophy in that one cannot discount those who are mixed
and if Garvey was bashing allies
I would disagree with that

these things are complexed

I mean Dubois's American based POV. He was a Pan-Africanist for the world of black people at large though.

Last edited:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I mean Dubois American based POV. He was a Pan-Africanist for the world of black people at large though.

That sounds confusing.
You were not saying these things throughout the thread.
I am sure most who have read the thread have walked away with a negative opinion of Garvey.
Hey man do your thing.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All this fighting is pointless.

Did y'all do some community organizing today?
Have you planned a coordination of attack today?
Are your allying with brehs in your city?
Are you feeding the homeless?
Supporting the youth?

I got my own plans for 2023 and it won't include arguing on message boards.

Stay up brehs.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Garvey was basically going to do exactly that, which is why so many Africans and Black leaders from the America's looked at him like :childplease:

Lol at "black leaders from America". What the hell could they tell Marcus Garvey who was a black leader,who was leading black Americans.:mjlol:?
However they might have looked at him was inconsequential. What can a so called black leader stop you from doing in this country?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
i am gonna be honest with you. You appearing rather suspect.
If you were one of the usual divisive dumb posters, you could be excused.
You too smart to be doing what you doing.
Must then be a purpose.

what I said was fact: Dubois didn't have a problem with Garvey's plan

JJEQvoV.png

3hY9gBn.png

Dubois didn't like the:mjpls: stuff Garvey was pulling....

Keep in mind you have turned countless folks who have read this thread against Garvey
even a few posts above one person called him a 'grifter and bum"

this goes with a long line of propoganda
many times pushed forth by our OWN PEOPLE
sad

Garvey did that to himself...his own people (West Indians) even called him out on it:sas2:

jroKnUk.jpg

a049VUt.png

4263M1s.png

1Oe89FF.png

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Lol at "black leaders from America". What the hell could they tell Marcus Garvey who was a black leader,who was leading black Americans.:mjlol:?
However they might have looked at him was inconsequential. What can a so called black leader stop you from doing in this country?

You mean the black americans who Garvey followed/studied and fathered his whole agenda?:comeon::pachaha:

chio6do.jpg

rYavWkz.jpg[

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
That sounds confusing.
You were not saying these things throughout the thread.
I am sure most who have read the thread have walked away with a negative opinion of Garvey.
Hey man do your thing.

I posted pages back

George Padmore summed it up perfectly:

35qwaqh.jpg

Garvey wanted to control Africans; Dubois wanted to partner up with Africans

Garvey only wanted to work with "Pure" dark skinned blacks ; Dubois wanted all "black" people regardless of shade or phenotype to be together as one

Garvey had no use for African-rooted religion or music; Dubois championed those same aspects

who was the real Pan-Africanist? :pachaha:

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Garvey wanted to control Africans; Dubois wanted to partner up with Africans

Garvey only wanted to work with "Pure" dark skinned blacks : Dubois wanted all "black" people regardless of shade or phenotype to be together as one

Garvey had no use for African-rooted religion or music; Dubois championed those same aspects

who was the real Pan-Africanist? :pachaha:

But is not the concept of Pan-Africanism supposed to include the notion of African pride too? I believe so. Nevertheless, when we take a closer look at Garvey's life and ideologies, the notion of African pride is barely perceptible at times. Indeed, we sometimes get the impression that he tended to put Western culture/ civilization on a pedestal. For example, it would appear that he tended to idolize Western leaders such as Napoleon and Hitler--though they were extremely racist. It also seems that he tended to prefer Christianity over African religions, Western music such as classical music over African music, and Western uniforms rather than African clothing, and so on. All these points, which seem to be the fruits of intellectual colonization, make Garvey a controversial figure in the history of Pan-Africanism.

:childplease: