Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Garvey:mjlol:

HfDro3V.png

more

WQMx9nV.png

tenor.gif

AA's, or all black Africans still going thru the bullshyt our ancestors went with in the early 1900s

While I don't 100% agree with Garvey's tactics I understand them, he was collectively trying to raise the black confidence and consciousness..

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
because Garvey wanted western blacks (ADOS and West Indians) to take over Liberia with himself having a ruling position

Garvey pretty much wanted to have personal leadership in Liberia/Africa with Western Blacks (West Indians + AfroAmericans) as the leaders to as he put it: "assist backwards africans".

wQfynP7.jpg

BePRILb.jpg

he basically said native africans were dumb and lazy because they didn't realize what resources they had on their hands

M8Mlxmr.jpg

Yeah, that is what I am getting from the newsclippings.

They were mad at him for saying in national press that Liberia was begging him and the American Negro to come there and live -- and asserting he would be the leader there.

They didn't ask for help or want anyone to come there UNLESS you had love and support in your heart and most importantly MONEY to help. They said they needed help financially -- and would welcome all who could come and help.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
West Indians and Africans in the U.S. who opposed Garvey.

hVByWCr.jpg

CLIPPED FROM
The New York Age
New York, New York

12 Aug 1922, Sat • Page 5

@IllmaticDelta Williams Pickens was a real one. He didn't support all of Garvey ideas - but he still supported his right to be a U.S. citizen and spoke on his behalf to not be used to speak against him. Even with his past behavior.

William Pickens - Wikipedia. He is my next research topic for sure.

1fdVXsr.jpg

CLIPPED FROM
The Dallas Express
Dallas, Texas

23 Apr 1921, Sat • Page 4

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@IllmaticDelta Williams Pickens was a real one. He didn't support all of Garvey ideas - but he still supported his right to be a U.S. citizen and spoke on his behalf to not be used to speak against him. Even with his past behavior.

William Pickens - Wikipedia. He is my next research topic for sure.

1fdVXsr.jpg

CLIPPED FROM
The Dallas Express
Dallas, Texas

23 Apr 1921, Sat • Page 4

yeah, Pickens supported Garvey until he found out about the KKK connection and some of Garvey's other beliefs:mjlol:

Pickens:

B1OFMHx.png

IHJ4UBF.jpg

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I think they are still like that -- open and honest.

If this was today - would this view/action be looked upon favorable to you?

Meaning a white person threatening American Blacks who have been here before it was even a country -- and generations DEEP to support another Black person (with no ties/not from this country) who is telling you - you aint shyt, aint did shyt -- and will never be shyt - and you deserve to die -- to leave to go to some random country?

When that person left his country, hasn't had the same experience as you -- - and haven't even visited any of the countries he is telling you to go too.
“Tough Love” :troll:
I'm almost done reading this mess.

It's so much craziness --- and I am following historians and genealogist on there. They have way too many clippings posted - in addition to the ones I'm finding.

What a time to be alive back then!

It was a DRAMA daily - these clippings and responses from Garvey and those going at him could be a top TV show.

Mr. Garvey had to know this was wrong.

hwPzYvt.jpg

CLIPPED FROM
The New York Age
New York, New York

09 Sep 1922, Sat • Page 1
:dahell: Some more of that tough love. The klan was trying to make ADOS more “race conscious. :troll:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brother - this is not tough love. It's utter disrespect and nonsense. Telling people to leave their country - the only country they know and they are GENERATIONS deep in to leave for a hope and dream. And popping up on people who are in dire need themselves -- and do not view you are kin.

No "leader" other than Garvey was like that.

What specific points?

Garvey had more faith in black people,than black people had in themselves. He believed black people might be leaving for hope and a dream but would figure it out. This is like me watching you get slapped by your husband,so I tell you that you need to leave. But you want to cling to your home life and make it work. The beatings get a bit worst and I tell you that your life could be in danger. But nope,you still want to cling to hope and dream with the husband instead of the unknown. Garvey essentially wanted to accelerate the process to make you less comfortable at home, so that leaving for hope in a dream didn't sound so bad. You can call it a drastic measure,but you see what black comfortability breeds in this country,absolutely nothing. Not sure how you can't have an appreciation for him attempting to speed up the inevitable. Dangerous for his time,but what wasn't dangerous as a black man during his time? I bet if we were still getting beat over the head ,chased,hung,called the n word on the daily we would have left this country 50 years ago, and actually have been working on the start of something beautiful as we speak. What are we working on right now as a people exactly:francis:?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
because Garvey wanted western blacks (ADOS and West Indians) to take over Liberia with himself having a ruling position

Garvey pretty much wanted to have personal leadership in Liberia/Africa with Western Blacks (West Indians + AfroAmericans) as the leaders to as he put it: "assist backwards africans".

wQfynP7.jpg

BePRILb.jpg

he basically said native africans were dumb and lazy because they didn't realize what resources they had on their hands

M8Mlxmr.jpg

Found this:

Uh1ZYz3.jpg

CLIPPED FROM
The New York Age
New York, New York

26 Mar 1921, Sat • Page 4

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Garvey had more faith in black people,than black people had in themselves. He believed black people might be leaving for hope and a dream but would figure it out. This is like me watching you get slapped by your husband,so I tell you that you need to leave. But you want to cling to your home life and make it work. The beatings get a bit worst and I tell you that your life could be in danger. But nope,you still want to cling to hope and dream with the husband instead of the unknown. Garvey essentially wanted to accelerate the process to make you less comfortable at home, so that leaving for hope in a dream didn't sound so bad. You can call it a drastic measure,but you see what black comfortability breeds in this country,absolutely nothing. Not sure how you can't have an appreciation for him attempting to speed up the inevitable. Dangerous for his time,but what wasn't dangerous as a black man during his time? I bet if we were still getting beat over the head ,chased,hung,called the n word on the daily we would have left this country 50 years ago, and actually have been working on the start of something beautiful as we speak. What are we working on right now as a people exactly:francis:?
Breh, our people were brought here against their will and forced to build this country. You don't get to tell me where I need to go when you haven't been there yourself and got kicked out of your native country. Talking to the KKK and having them try to scare ADOS into following his message is "tough love" to you?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

Can you explain how he had such hope? What did he say that we weren't already saying? Or pride that we didn't already have? He came to the U.S. because of our HOPE and drive.

And I am not trying to clown Mr. Garvey. I am trying to understand his mindset - - that is why I have researched him so.

And I haven't seen or read what you are expounding.

Everything he said to the "American Negro" was demeaning. It was disrespectful, not mindful, realistic and untruthful.

It's like constantly telling a fat person they need to lose weight. They know they fat -- and they know they need to lose weight.

The difference with Garvey is those people he was speaking down on -- build every facet of this country. Their labor, bodies and corpse -- used, mortgaged and insured for profit.

This was right after Reconstruction into Jim Crow -- one of the most terrorist times -- and he was telling people who were formerly freedman and women and their children/grandchildren -- who most were sharecroppers -- they weren't shyt. Mind you most of Black Americans were in the SOUTH - in the beast of the belly - being terrorized daily - all while having to live on the land of their past enslavers -- sharecropping.

And all of their labor and contributions weren't shyt. And to go somewhere -- they never been -- promising something he couldn't promise -- all while trying to speak for them -- and had NO CARE of their safety and lives.

He was out of pocket.

Leave this country to go where? Again, to each it's own -- but one must realize and not be ashamed that this country is our country. To go somewhere else with another set of issues -- and in addition with WHITES -- cause they are everywhere is unrealistic -- and spits in the face of every one of our ancestors who tolled, died and rest here.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, our people were brought here against their will and forced to build this country. You don't get to tell me where I need to go when you haven't been there yourself and got kicked out of your native country. Talking to the KKK and having them try to scare ADOS into following his message is "tough love" to you?

if you were bought somewhere against your will, kidnapped,murdered,forced to work. The fact I need to tell you to leave is the problem don't you think. And the fact you don't seem to want to listen might mean I have to find a way to make you listen. Sounds like you admit we have a bad case of Stockholme syndrome and might need a push,which could take drastic measures. You don't have to really agree with what Garvey was doing, their were many people trying different strategies at the time. It must be nice to be able to judge in hindsight,when they were taking action in real time. Whats the old Martin Luther King quote about integrating his people into a burning house? Is that love to you? We know integration which is considered "true love" was a failure. Marcus Garveys methods were unrealized so we don't truly know how well it would have worked. But judging from what I see today,we needed more Garvey then,and we need a Garvey now more than ever.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
if you were bought somewhere against your will, kidnapped,murdered,forced to work. The fact I need to tell you to leave is the problem don't you think. And the fact you don't seem to want to listen might mean I have to find a way to make you listen. Sounds like you admit we have a bad case of Stockholme syndrome and might need a push,which could take drastic measures. You don't have to really agree with what Garvey was doing, their were many people trying different strategies at the time. It must be nice to be able to judge in hindsight,when they were taking action in real time. Whats the old Martin Luther King quote about integrating his people into a burning house? Is that love to you? We know integration which is considered "true love" was a failure. Marcus Garveys methods were unrealized so we don't truly know how well it would have worked. But judging from what I see today,we needed more Garvey then,and we need a Garvey now more than ever.
Breh, it wasn't his place to tell people that are not his people, that they can't ride trains because we didn't build the tracks and trying to get the KKK to scare us into going to a place we have no knowledge of, are you serious right now, Breh?

Honestly, you calling this "tough love", I'm kinda getting the vibe that you don't think to highly of Black Americans. What Garvey said was downright out of place, but you rock with him more than his own people did knowing this is what he thought of our ancestors?

I couldn't imagine what he said to Jamaicans to make them push the red button on him if he said this about us.

:hubie:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
if you were bought somewhere against your will, kidnapped,murdered,forced to work. The fact I need to tell you to leave is the problem don't you think. And the fact you don't seem to want to listen might mean I have to find a way to make you listen.

ADOS were more "American" than the majority of white americans in the 1920s based on how long the respective groups ancestors had been on the land:

The first impact of immigration is demographic. The 70 million immigrants who have arrived since the founding of the republic (formal records have only been kept since 1820) are responsible for the majority of the contemporary American population.[2] Most Americans have acquired a sense of historical continuity from America’s founding, but this is primarily the result of socialization and education, not descent. The one segment of the American population with the longest record of historical settlement are African Americans. Almost all African Americans are the descendants of seventeenth- or eighteenth-century arrivals.[3]

The Impact of Immigration on American Society: Looking Backward to the Future

no one had/has the right to question their rights/beliefs/stake as Americans, especially not a recent foreigner:dahell::camby:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

But, that is in the West Indies and other countries as well. Why talk down to us? Again, we have been in this country before it was a country. We are this country. There is no country without us.

That is not Stockholm Syndrome. And why do people like yourself through that SS on ADOS only?

At the same time - people passport shame? I don't get it. And if you understand the GLOBAL system of White Supremacy. It's everywhere -- even on the continent of Africa.

What strategy did Mr. Garvey have?

Cause, if you have read his work - he did not have a plan. He just proclaimed himself "President" and was speaking on going somewhere with a United view of Africa -- when it was not that -- and is still not that. Looking at Africans in the same negative way he views ADOS.

If Garvey was alive today -- he would be equal to Candace Owens and her lik based on his actions and feelings about Black America.

And your point on what is Black American doing today? We are trying the best we can -- with lots of opposition and interferences -- in addition to dealing with uneducated, undereducated and clueless kin who have no self-love -- and many who are still ashamed of their ancestors being enslaved.