Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I agree to a point. But, it's not AA fault. What Garvey points do you agree with? Cause, everything I am reading is out of line, wrong and anti-Black AF.

But, this is not "throwing dirt" this is educating and learning about someone based on their actual history and words. This IS his legacy.
These people are getting offended when Garvey actually did and said this shyt, don't get mad at us, get mad at Garvey, WTF.

:hhh:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
He was giving tough love,but what did he say that wasn't true and should have been listened to? Do you think we are better off as integrationist,or would we have been better off as Garveyites:comeon:. Deep down you know the truth but probably won't admit it. Like I said earlier,Garvey was ahead of his time,and still too far ahead for the average black man in America to understand due to our programming.

:mjtf:How could Garvey be ahead of his time or ahead of black programming in the USA when everything he tried to do was actually put into plan and tried by ADOS going back to the late 1700s?

ezky4Wn.jpg

ADOS gave him the blueprint and he tried to sell it back to them like he was spitting game:rudy:

rTfyXHy.jpg

bwY6IJ1.jpg

NO65ylS.jpg

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
That’s because back then the kkk weren’t like the modern day cacs that want to fake like they’re racially progressive but secretly uphold white supremacy. They was out in the open and supported blocks getting the fukk on from the US

I think they are still like that -- open and honest.

If this was today - would this view/action be looked upon favorable to you?

Meaning a white person threatening American Blacks who have been here before it was even a country -- and generations DEEP to support another Black person (with no ties/not from this country) who is telling you - you aint shyt, aint did shyt -- and will never be shyt - and you deserve to die -- to leave to go to some random country?

When that person left his country, hasn't had the same experience as you -- - and haven't even visited any of the countries he is telling you to go too.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree to a point. But, it's not AA fault. What Garvey points do you agree with? Cause, everything I am reading is out of line, wrong and anti-Black AF.

But, this is not "throwing dirt" this is educating and learning about someone based on their actual history and words. This IS his legacy.

Never insinuated it was AA fault, i am actually of the opinion that moreso other ethnic groups growing which has been manufactured by the powers that be but that's another conversation..

I actually agree with all Garvey's points, AA's and even to more extent "black folks"need tough love, which is all Garvey and alot leaders tried to implement in early 20th century....

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't say anything about integration, Garvey a Non-ADOS who's own people kicked him out of Jamaica and Liberians didn't mess with him, these were clear red flags.

The Liberians were assimilated/compromised and went on to be oppressors themselves irrc. Remember this is Liberian leadership and Jamaica leadership who didn't fukk with Garvey. I don't know what the citizens themselves thought of Garvey. But its really no wonder why the Liberian leadership wouldn't fukk with a real one like Garvey.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I think they are still like that -- open and honest.

If this was today - would this view/action be looked upon favorable to you?

Meaning a white person threatening American Blacks who have been here before it was even a country -- and generations DEEP to support another Black person (with no ties/not from this country) who is telling you - you aint shyt, aint did shyt -- and will never be shyt - and you deserve to die -- to leave to go to some random country?

When that person left his country, hasn't had the same experience as you -- - and haven't even visited any of the countries he is telling you to go too.
This is what I'm saying, and I'm not trying to knock Garvey all the way down. His heart was probably in the right place, but some of his actions and statements weren't. If he couldn't get his own people on his same page, why should we have been on the same page with him?

I don't care what any ADOS Pan-African thinks or says, Jamaicans know/knew Garvey better than any of us here in America, hell, he grew up there and probably still has family in Jamaica.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
yes, you are:russ:
I'm almost done reading this mess.

It's so much craziness --- and I am following historians and genealogist on there. They have way too many clippings posted - in addition to the ones I'm finding.

What a time to be alive back then!

It was a DRAMA daily - these clippings and responses from Garvey and those going at him could be a top TV show.

Mr. Garvey had to know this was wrong.

hwPzYvt.jpg

CLIPPED FROM
The New York Age
New York, New York

09 Sep 1922, Sat • Page 1

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
The Liberians were assimilated/compromised and went on to be oppressors themselves irrc. Remember this is Liberian leadership and Jamaica leadership who didn't fukk with Garvey. I don't know what the citizens themselves thought of Garvey. But its really no wonder why the Liberian leadership wouldn't fukk with a real one like Garvey.

because Garvey wanted western blacks (ADOS and West Indians) to take over Liberia with himself having a ruling position

Garvey pretty much wanted to have personal leadership in Liberia/Africa with Western Blacks (West Indians + AfroAmericans) as the leaders to as he put it: "assist backwards africans".

wQfynP7.jpg

BePRILb.jpg

he basically said native africans were dumb and lazy because they didn't realize what resources they had on their hands

M8Mlxmr.jpg

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjtf:How could Garvey be ahead of his time or ahead of black programming in the USA when everything he tried to do was actually put into plan and tried by ADOS going back to the late 1700s?

ezky4Wn.jpg

ADOS gave him the blueprint and he tried to sell it back to them like he was spitting game:rudy:

rTfyXHy.jpg

bwY6IJ1.jpg

NO65ylS.jpg

I'm talking about black people of TODAY, his thinking is too far ahead where yall still don't get it due to your programming. This is why most of you will continue to bump your head against the same wall. Eventually you will come around to thinking like Garvey.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Never insinuated it was AA fault, i am actually of the opinion that moreso other ethnic groups growing which has been manufactured by the powers that be but that's another conversation..

I actually agree with all Garvey's points, AA's and even to more extent "black folks"need tough love, which is all Garvey and alot leaders tried to implement in early 20th century....

Brother - this is not tough love. It's utter disrespect and nonsense. Telling people to leave their country - the only country they know and they are GENERATIONS deep in to leave for a hope and dream. And popping up on people who are in dire need themselves -- and do not view you are kin.

No "leader" other than Garvey was like that.

What specific points?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
because Garvey wanted western blacks (ADOS and West Indians) to take over Liberia with himself having a ruling position

Garvey pretty much wanted to have personal leadership in Liberia/Africa with Western Blacks (West Indians + AfroAmericans) as the leaders to as he put it: "assist backwards africans".

wQfynP7.jpg

BePRILb.jpg

he basically said native africans were dumb and lazy because they didn't realize what resources they had on their hands

M8Mlxmr.jpg

They were definitely backwards and Europeanized. Garvey had his issues but trying to portray it like the Liberians not fukking with him should mean something is laughable.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'm talking about black people of TODAY, his thinking is too far ahead where yall still don't get it due to your programming. This is why most of you will continue to bump your head against the same wall. Eventually you will come around to thinking like Garvey.

Why would they think like Garvey when they could think like their own ADOSian pioneers, many, who actually had trans-global impact and ACTUALLY went to or lived in Africa, something Garvey never did?:usure: