Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can you explain how he had such hope? What did he say that we weren't already saying? Or pride that we didn't already have? He came to the U.S. because of our HOPE and drive.

And I am not trying to clown Mr. Garvey. I am trying to understand his mindset - - that is why I have researched him so.

And I haven't seen or read what you are expounding.

Everything he said to the "American Negro" was demeaning. It was disrespectful, not mindful, realistic and untruthful.

It's like constantly telling a fat person they need to lose weight. They know they fat -- and they know they need to lose weight.

The difference with Garvey is those people he was speaking down on -- build every facet of this country. Their labor, bodies and corpse -- used, mortgaged and insured for profit.

This was right after Reconstruction into Jim Crow -- one of the most terrorist times -- and he was telling people who were formerly freedman and women and their children/grandchildren -- who most were sharecroppers -- they weren't shyt. Mind you most of Black Americans were in the SOUTH - in the beast of the belly - being terrorized daily - all while having to live on the land of their past enslavers -- sharecropping.

And all of their labor and contributions weren't shyt. And to go somewhere -- they never been -- promising something he couldn't promise -- all while trying to speak for them -- and had NO CARE of their safety and lives.

He was out of pocket.

Leave this country to go where? Again, to each it's own -- but one must realize and not be ashamed that this country is our country. To go somewhere else with another set of issues -- and in addition with WHITES -- cause they are everywhere is unrealistic -- and spits in the face of every one of our ancestors who tolled, died and rest here.

One day you may have a home built,it may be an army of Mexicans who build it for you. But its not the Mexicans house. Garvey was telling black people the harsh realities that yes you were forced to build the house for the European. But America will more than likely never be your house unless your going to take on his army. They weren't willing to do that back then because it was probably suicide,and we definitely ain't about to do that today. I believe Marcus just kept it real and told those people who thought they weren't slaves anymore,that they were still slaves. And we are still a far more comfortable slave today,working for free as a cog in the white supremacy system. Garvey didn't give a damn about how hard we worked to build another mans house for him. Obviously it was unfortunate,but are we going to spend another 400 years talking about how we built it,while still only having a guest room smh?

I always tell people to leave this country too,I don't know where the hell we should all go. I have ideas of where I want to go. Anywhere is better than living in the U.S. But most of us are so brainwashed we don't see the value of finding our true selves. Not even Garvey had that true awakening yet. Fighting for America is shortsighted when you are literally the original man/woman. We essentially were everywhere first and built everything. Being desperate to stake a claim to America just tells me how great yall really think Babylon is,while constantly complaining about white supremacy. Either yall don't truly understand the white supremacy yall talk about,or you don't think its all that bad
wlHloyr.png
. If it ain't all that bad,just go ahead and assimilate already,I want you to accelerate the process like Garvey was attempting in the opposite direction.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Breh, it wasn't his place to tell people that are not his people, that they can't ride trains because we didn't build the tracks and trying to get the KKK to scare us into going to a place we have no knowledge of, are you serious right now, Breh?

Honestly, you calling this "tough love", I'm kinda getting the vibe that you don't think to highly of Black Americans. What Garvey said was downright out of place, but you rock with him more than his own people did knowing this is what he thought of our ancestors?

I couldn't imagine what he said to Jamaicans to make them push the red button on him if he said this about us.

:hubie:
But, the thing is - we did though.

And we built the infrastructure of this country + more. And we should just go cause some white folks told us this aint ours.

Slave-built infrastructure still creates wealth in US, suggesting reparations should cover past harms and current value of slavery

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
One day you may have a home built,it may be an army of Mexicans who build it for you. But its not the Mexicans house. Garvey was telling black people the harsh realities that yes you were forced to build the house for the European. But America will more than likely never be your house unless your going to take on his army. They weren't willing to do that back then because it was probably suicide,and we definitely ain't about to do that today. I believe Marcus just kept it real and told those people who thought they weren't slaves anymore,that they were still slaves. And we are still a far more comfortable slave today,working for free as a cog in the white supremacy system. Garvey didn't give a damn about how hard we worked to build another mans house for him. Obviously it was unfortunate,but are we going to spend another 400 years talking about how we built it,while still only having a guest room smh?

I always tell people to leave this country too,I don't know where the hell we should all go. I have ideas of where I want to go. Anywhere is better than living in the U.S. But most of us are so brainwashed we don't see the value of finding our true selves. Not even Garvey had that true awakening yet. Fighting for America is shortsighted when you are literally the original man/woman. We essentially were everywhere first and built everything. Being desperate to stake a claim to America just tells me how great yall really think Babylon is,while constantly complaining about white supremacy. Either yall don't truly understand the white supremacy yall talk about,or you don't think its all that bad
wlHloyr.png

I'm sorry. I can see you haven't even read enough about Garvey -- nor even know anything about ADOS history to even be in this conversation.

I wish you well - but I can't tonight.

I also recommend you listen to the C.O.W.S. radio podcast - it may help you understand the system better.
wlHloyr.png

96Blue

Superstar
Daps

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Anywhere is better than living in the U.S.

Do you know how dumb this sounds? I'm not tryna sh1t on anyone but:

1. Where are these great black nations outside the USA?:patrice:

2. Why would I as a black person want to go live in a European or Asian nation where unlike the USA, they lack inherit afro-foundations?:childplease:

3. Why would I as a black person want to live in racially confused/much more anti-black, latin america?:upsetfavre:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, it wasn't his place to tell people that are not his people, that they can't ride trains because we didn't build the tracks and trying to get the KKK to scare us into going to a place we have no knowledge of, are you serious right now, Breh?

Honestly, you calling this "tough love", I'm kinda getting the vibe that you don't think to highly of Black Americans. What Garvey said was downright out of place, but you rock with him more than his own people did knowing this is what he thought of our ancestors?

I couldn't imagine what he said to Jamaicans to make them push the red button on him if he said this about us.

:hubie:

Oh so your upset because he wasn't African American? I don't think he subscribed to that thinking that some black people ain't his people. Thats where I part ways with Garvey in 2021. We can't just keep thinking highly of black Americans just because,or any other group of black people. If you are okay with black erasure and assimilation I don't think very highly of you. I'm more likely to feel sorry for that person than anything. We've all been brainwashed,Garvey clearly was suffering from some of that himself. But at least he knew black people couldn't heal and reprogram ourselves while living in the white mans domain. Can any of you point to where Marcus Garvey wasn't correct? Because everything he was saying is what yall say yall want,but you just don't like his methods. Well guess what,its 2021 and we have internet and more access,more wealth than ever. So you can easily come together and try your own methods/combined with what you like about Garvey,since seemingly yall like everything but his inflammatory rhetoric. So go ahead and try it,try talking nicely and telling black people we need to put our money together and leave America.

But beware, "your people" are no longer your people. They've been genetically modified, assimilated,compromised,lulled to sleep. Might take harsh words and making them uncomfortable to snap them out of it. But yall smarter than Marcus Garvey and have more proof of your progress,so we'll just wait on yall to tell us the next move.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps

wlHloyr.png
. If it ain't all that bad,just go ahead and assimilate already,I want you to accelerate the process like Garvey was attempting in the opposite direction.
We just gon have to agree to disagree, Breh.

I'm not trying to disrespect Garvey, but I'm going to say this. I will always see it as a sign of disrespect when any non-ADOS of any racial or ethnic background tries to my people who built this country where we need to go, what we need to do, who we need to vote for, what we are/aren't entitled to in the country we've built. It'll never sit right with me, my ancestors are buried underneath this American soil, I literally have BLOOD IN THIS SOIL. Again no disrespect to Garvey, but can't no immigrant that literally just got here try to tell me who I am like they know me more than I do, FOH and I mean this in the nicest way I can put it.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Oh so your upset because he wasn't African American? I don't think he subscribed to that thinking that some black people ain't his people. Thats where I part ways with Garvey in 2021. We can't just keep thinking highly of black Americans just because,or any other group of black people. If you are okay with black erasure and assimilation I don't think very highly of you. I'm more likely to feel sorry for that person than anything. We've all been brainwashed,Garvey clearly was suffering from some of that himself. But at least he knew black people couldn't heal and reprogram ourselves while living in the white mans domain. Can any of you point to where Marcus Garvey wasn't correct? Because everything he was saying is what yall say yall want,but you just don't like his methods. Well guess what,its 2021 and we have internet and more access,more wealth than ever. So you can easily come together and try your own methods/combined with what you like about Garvey,since seemingly yall like everything but his inflammatory rhetoric. So go ahead and try it,try talking nicely and telling black people we need to put our money together and leave America.

But beware, "your people" are no longer your people. They've been genetically modified, assimilated,compromised,lulled to sleep. Might take harsh words and making them uncomfortable to snap them out of it. But yall smarter than Marcus Garvey and have more proof of your progress,so we'll just wait on yall to tell us the next move.
"I'm upset that he isn't African American"?

That's what you got from my post?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you know how dumb this sounds? I'm not tryna sh1t on anyone but:

1. Where are these great black nations outside the USA?:patrice:

2. Why would I as a black person want to go live in a European or Asian nation where unlike the USA, they lack inherit afro-foundations?:childplease:

3. Why would I as a black person want to live in racially confused/much more anti-black, latin america?:upsetfavre:

1.We would be the great black nation,we are bringing a nation with us.

2.I wouldn't suggest a non black country,unless they were willing to negotiate and live up to our demands.

3. As the foremost leaders in white supremacy,we should know they may be racially confused due to white supremacy in their own lands. But maybe its possible they can be fixed once we touch them. We know for a fact the European can't be fixed,won't be fixed.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"I'm upset that he isn't African American"?

That's what you got from my post?

That wasn't the only thing I got,but you did make it a point to point out that he was speaking to people who weren't his people.So I'm not sure if this is some ADOS territorial issue or not. Where only black Americans have the right to tell black Americans anything. I don't subscribe to that either,AA's being the foremost experts in white supremacy I believe we reserve the right to tell black people anywhere what they need to hear. Garvey was more of an expert than most,so his mind made him eligible to teach and preach to those who needed to hear.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Nigerians were advising ADOS against Garvey. LOL

f7Ntare.jpg

Statesville Record And Landmark
Statesville, North Carolina

11 Jun 1923, Mon • Page 1

This is him - he was very handsome.

native.jpg

Deniyi, Madarikan, undated : photograph / Van Der Zee, NYC

Here's his papers on Garvey:

Mgpp .::. UCLA Africa Studies Center

Because the Universal Negro Improvement Association is only an organization in the United States of America, and has no power to perform the functions of a Government, therefore I am writing this article to warn all the Negroes in America against the bogus "African Redemption Fund," that was invented recently by Marcus Garvey in New York City, during the Negro Convention at Liberty Hall, West 138th St.

The black Kings, Chiefs, Princes and Presidents in Africa, did not send any special invitation to a black slave or descendant of slave like Marcus Garvey to use such fraudulent schemes of defrauding poor and needy Negroes in America, by inducing and preaching to them to contribute five dollars ($5.00) each for the redemption of Africa. But through my investigation about this "African Redemption Fund," I discovered that the contribution is for the purpose of paying the salaries of the President (Marcus Garvey) and officials of the Universal Negro Improvement Association in America, instead of using the money for the purpose of educating and Christianizing the African natives. Therefore I will advise the white and black Missionaries of various denomination.
Continue Reading here: Mgpp .::. UCLA Africa Studies Center

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Nigerians were advising ADOS against Garvey. LOL

f7Ntare.jpg

Statesville Record And Landmark
Statesville, North Carolina

11 Jun 1923, Mon • Page 1

This is him:

native.jpg

Deniyi, Madarikan, undated : photograph / Van Der Zee, NYC

Here's his papers on Garvey:

Mgpp .::. UCLA Africa Studies Center

Because the Universal Negro Improvement Association is only an organization in the United States of America, and has no power to perform the functions of a Government, therefore I am writing this article to warn all the Negroes in America against the bogus "African Redemption Fund," that was invented recently by Marcus Garvey in New York City, during the Negro Convention at Liberty Hall, West 138th St.

The black Kings, Chiefs, Princes and Presidents in Africa, did not send any special invitation to a black slave or descendant of slave like Marcus Garvey to use such fraudulent schemes of defrauding poor and needy Negroes in America, by inducing and preaching to them to contribute five dollars ($5.00) each for the redemption of Africa. But through my investigation about this "African Redemption Fund," I discovered that the contribution is for the purpose of paying the salaries of the President (Marcus Garvey) and officials of the Universal Negro Improvement Association in America, instead of using the money for the purpose of educating and Christianizing the African natives. Therefore I will advise the white and black Missionaries of various denomination in the United States to investigate thoroughly under what condition Marcus Garvey is inducing Negroes to contribute five dollars ($5.00) each to such fraudulent fund.

Continue reading here: Mgpp .::. UCLA Africa Studies Center
Even Naijas weren't rocking with him?

:deadmanny:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
1.We would be the great black nation,we are bringing a nation with us.

2.I wouldn't suggest a non black country,unless they were willing to negotiate and live up to our demands.

3. As the foremost leaders in white supremacy,we should know they may be racially confused due to white supremacy in their own lands. But maybe its possible they can be fixed once we touch them. We know for a fact the European can't be fixed,won't be fixed.

giphy-downsized-large.gif