Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Dubois wasn't wrong; although, a mixture of his plan and Booker's IMO would have been the perfect plan

see above

Everyone sans Garvey actually lived and experienced the life of being black in America in the time that they lived so their plan of attack was more fitting of their respective time, whereas Garvey studied AfroAmerica from afar, and consequently came with an outdated/tried plan (Back To Africa) that 99% of black america wasn't down with.

Panthers are totally different from NOI:comeon:

I already spoke on this: He was out of pocket trying to sell back old ideas to AfroAmerica when they've been rejecting them ever since white racists tried to send them to Liberia a 100 years earlier

Dubois didn't adhere to anything that made blacks "world over" a permanent underclass:comeon:

Like I said, the question has been answered. You can post all the smilies and revisionist history you want, the reality on the ground is so clear a blind man can see it. Dubois side won out - there wasn't any "mixture" of anything - so we don't need to theorize on what the "perfect plan" would've been.

Black people chose a plan, we chose a fork in the road and now we have at least a good quarter of a century to analyze some concrete results. One side advocated self-reliance through the building of Black industry and all that would come with that, the other cozying up and intermarrying with whites and going the soft shoe integration route. today some of us are integrated but we have absolutely no industry that we own, not even entertainment and sports, which we dominate. So congrats, the milquetoast brigade won. Dr. Claude Anderson said if we didn't get our shyt together we had until 2014 before we became a permanent underclass, and we missed the deadline on that big time.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Like I said, the question has been answered. You can post all the smilies and revisionist history you want, the reality on the ground is so clear a blind man can see it. Dubois side won out - there wasn't any "mixture" of anything - so we don't need to theorize on what the "perfect plan" would've been.

We can't say Dubois' side won but we can for sure say that Booker's didn't....and Garvey's had no chance

Black people chose a plan, we chose a fork in the road and now we have at least a good quarter of a century to analyze some concrete results. One side advocated self-reliance through the building of Black industry and all that would come with that, the other cozying up and intermarrying with whites and going the soft shoe integration route. today some of us are integrated but we have absolutely no industry that we own, not even entertainment and sports, which we dominate. So congrats, the milquetoast brigade won. Dr. Claude Anderson said if we didn't get our shyt together we had until 2014 before we became a permanent underclass, and we missed the deadline on that big time.

the intergration argument had nothing to do with "cozying up" with whites:unimpressed:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Therein lies the humor in nikkas like Garvey. He talked that shyt, but then cried like little bytch and got all up in his feelings about colorism because he felt that an educated African American man (Dubois) looked down on him as a con artist.

I never understood why Garvey got so much credit to begin with, because the whole separatism stuff was dumb due to African Americans already being separate due to Jim Crow segregation. So it was just basically a dumb marketing concept to take advantage of poor people.

DuBois was always a real Pan Africanist. He traveled Europe as a student in Germany and he saw America through the eyes of people outside of the Country, which is exactly what eventually happened to Malcolm X when he visited Mecca and Africa before his death.

You sound crazy as hell talking about we were already seperate due to Jim Crow:mjlol:
How the hell were we still being killed and lynched ,mistreated by white supremacy then smh.?
We could easily say Dubois was a black elitist looking to make black oppressors of black people if you want to create a narrative.
I stand on the side of Garvey as far as ideology and the need for seperation.
Garvey simply thought exactly like the KKK did,the KKK would openly talk shyt about certain types of white people to and in front of black people as well.
Garveys thinking is of a different era and still simply ahead of where most of you can fathom.
He views America as a place that the European had conquered,and that the European had every right to secure and hold power over.
He lived in a white mans domain,understood the culture of violence and sought protection for his people as we pass through and make our way out of America.
He probably saved lives by doing this but you would prefer he be beligerent like the tough guys you are 100 years later.
Marcus Garvey wanted the same domain for black people where we had control,created the laws,had the right to violence over outsiders as we saw fit.
He understood the reality of the situation which many of you still don't,and will never understand.
Which is why you will probably remain in America and continue to be oppressed,god forbid, but its the most likely conclusion.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I had to say it, Breh. These pan-Africans walk around all high and mighty because they've never had anyone call them out on their rhetoric.

It's a dub, it's funny, no one talks about CARICOM (in which they also have a reparations team) but everybody and their momma got something to say about ADOS/FBA.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I had to say it, Breh. These pan-Africans walk around all high and mighty because they've never had anyone call them out on their rhetoric.

It's a dub, it's funny, no one talks about CARICOM (in which they also have a reparations team) but everybody and their momma got something to say about ADOS/FBA.

Pan Africanist :mjlol:

Them hoe ass nikkas want me to forget my grandma was in fields working like a slave in the 40's as a little girl and compromise OUR gains while undermining progress like they didn't fly over after the hard work was done. Then try to tell us about white people and white supremacy :mjtf:

They need to convince the David Ortiz's and Sammy Sosa's of the world:unimpressed:

Nah. Them fakkits choose to undermine the people making the progress. While any and everybody gets to shyt on us and other themselves.

UK Black. You mean a 2nd or 3rd generation immigrant:unimpressed:

They let Caribbean nikkas live in la la land like they just teleported there:unimpressed:

They only have smoke for Black Americans. Then wonder why the connect isn't there :unimpressed:

Misery and jealousy loves company. They are cowards. Dipping from the UK to US showed it even more. :unimpressed:

They get to British and whatever country they people ran from. They are great at playing black americans because they study us. :unimpressed:

Pathetic.

You a greater actor because you play me?:mjtf:

:martin:

Ain't done anything we haven't done all ready but they think they better:unimpressed:

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ay lowe di yute nuh star. Got me in this thread rolling :deadrose:
When y'all rattle off that patois shyt is that supposed to be the equivalent of joning somebody up? It's not and it doesn't work that way outside of your "likkle" circle.
shyt sound like baby talk for real.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Came across this while doing my monthly research for genealogy and news clippings.

He was sick and sad.

zM7ctMz.jpg

CLIPPED FROM
The New York Age
New York, New York

11 Nov 1922, Sat • Page 1