Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Y'all modern leaders say disparaging shyt about other black people all day long and it's hee hee hah hah, way worse than what Garvey ever said.

While that may or not be true, ADOS/FBA also have a saying something like,

“we can talk about our family all day, but we’ll buss a nikka head to the white meat if he think he can do the same.”

Some of y’all gotta learn that we ain’t the same.

Some of y’all aight, but y’all ain’t our people.

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ
While that may or not be true, ADOS/FBA also have a saying something like,

“we can talk about our family all day, but we’ll buss a nikka head to the white meat if he think he can do the same.”

Some of y’all gotta learn that we ain’t the same.

Some of y’all aight, but y’all ain’t our people.

1 - I'm Black American through my dad's side and don't identify with no trendy hashtag
2 - If you can give it then you gotta learn to take it
3 - I could give a fukk whether I'm your people or not

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
1 - I'm Black American through my dad's side and don't identify with no trendy hashtag
2 - If you can give it then you gotta learn to take it
3 - I could give a fukk whether I'm your people or not

Identify how you want.

I don’t have a side to choose from.

Pure ADOS/FBA/American nikka.

If you ain’t that, you ain’t my people.

That’s not as a diss.

We don’t have the same culture.

What benefits my people collectively could bring harm to your people and vice versa, and that’s cool.

It’s natural.

Outside of oppression from the European and the similar color of our skin, we have completely different goals and challenges collectively than other “black” groups of people.

This is why it’s important to pick a name for ourselves for the first time in our tribes history.

It’s not a trendy hashtag.

It’s an attempt by us to pick a name ourselves to identify ourselves, which is our right like everyone else.

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps
wwvEpZn.png

Garvey thanked the white south for having "Lynched racial pride into the Negros."

giphy.gif

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
@IllmaticDelta so from your references, was Garvey simply a c00n and false prophet? It seems he was just an extremist who wanted the betterment of black people by leaving a racist country that had forcibly subjugated black people, held them in bondage and then treated them like second class citizens as well allow extremist groups to enact violence against them.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@IllmaticDelta so from your references, was Garvey simply a c00n and false prophet? It seems he was just an extremist who wanted the betterment of black people by leaving a racist country that had forcibly subjugated black people, held them in bondage and then treated them like second class citizens as well allow extremist groups to enact violence against them.

At first he wasn't c00ning...he was simply trying to be the Jamaican version of Booker T Washington but later he let his ego get to him because he wanted power (he wanted control in Africa) which lead to the lies and scams lol.

jKnI42b.jpg

IMO, as far as his agenda went in regards to ADOS, he was unoriginal: His whole agenda originated in the hands of AfroAmericans more than a 100 years before Garvey tried to resell it back to AfroAmericans in the 1920s:unimpressed:

ezky4Wn.jpg

YhJhbiT.jpg

bwY6IJ1.jpg

Dubois summed it perfectly:pachaha:

hBpgBOX.jpg

jD0au7r.jpg

Uwg9xBk.jpg

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Identify how you want.

I don’t have a side to choose from.

Pure ADOS/FBA/American nikka.

If you ain’t that, you ain’t my people.

That’s not as a diss.

We don’t have the same culture.

What benefits my people collectively could bring harm to your people and vice versa, and that’s cool.

It’s natural.

Outside of oppression from the European and the similar color of our skin, we have completely different goals and challenges collectively than other “black” groups of people.

This is why it’s important to pick a name for ourselves for the first time in our tribes history.

It’s not a trendy hashtag.

It’s an attempt by us to pick a name ourselves to identify ourselves, which is our right like everyone else.

I agree, entirely different cultures. Hope ADOS get the Reparations ya'll deserve

Black people with foreign heritage should be fighting for their country's reparations for what the White Imperialists did

The philosophy for me is Inside-Out... By focusing on the problems with your ethnicity first, Black globally as a whole will benefit

Philosophy of life to me anyway. Must be able to help yourself before you can help another

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
At first he wasn't c00ning...he was simply trying to be the Jamaican version of Booker T Washington but later he let his ego get to him because he wanted power (he wanted control in Africa) which lead to the lies and scams lol.

jKnI42b.jpg

IMO, as far as his agenda went in regards to ADOS, he was unoriginal: His whole agenda originated in the hands of AfroAmericans more than a 100 years before Garvey tried to resell it back to AfroAmericans in the 1920s:unimpressed:

ezky4Wn.jpg

YhJhbiT.jpg

bwY6IJ1.jpg

hBpgBOX.jpg

jD0au7r.jpg

Uwg9xBk.jpg

Bro dubois was on some tupac shyt wit garvey. Never knew he was that thorough growing up

I was sleeping on breh:dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps

jKnI42b.jpg

ezky4Wn.jpg

YhJhbiT.jpg

bwY6IJ1.jpg

hBpgBOX.jpg

jD0au7r.jpg

Uwg9xBk.jpg

But Dubois was wrong. You may dislike Garvey but here 100 years later we can fully answer the question about of which of those two men had the better plan for Black people to follow.

Cuffee having the idea 100 years earlier doesn’t take anything away from Garvey having that same message, or Elijah and then Malcolm having a somewhat similar message after that. Do we disparage the Panthers for blatantly lifting parts of their program from the NOI? You don’t go searching for “whose idea was it first?” when you’re talking about the liberation of a people. They all just belong to a class of men who adhere to similar views on how to deal with the racial aspect. Like how you and Dubois and the rest the of the milquetoast soft shoe crowd adhere to those views which have made Black people the world over a permanent underclass.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
But Dubois was wrong.

Dubois wasn't wrong; although, a mixture of his plan and Booker's IMO would have been the perfect plan

You may dislike Garvey but here 100 years later we can fully answer the question about of which of those two men had the better plan for Black people to follow.

see above

Cuffee having the idea 100 years earlier doesn’t take anything away from Garvey having that same message, or Elijah and then Malcolm having a somewhat similar message after that.

Everyone sans Garvey actually lived and experienced the life of being black in America in the time that they lived so their plan of attack was more fitting of their respective time, whereas Garvey studied AfroAmerica from afar, and consequently came with an outdated/tried plan (Back To Africa) that 99% of black america wasn't down with.

Do we disparage the Panthers for blatantly lifting parts of their program from the NOI?

Panthers are totally different from NOI:comeon:

You don’t go searching for “whose idea was it first?” when you’re talking about the liberation of a people.

I already spoke on this: He was out of pocket trying to sell back old ideas to AfroAmerica when they've been rejecting them ever since white racists tried to send them to Liberia a 100 years earlier

They all just belong to a class of men who adhere to similar views on how to deal with the racial aspect. Like how you and Dubois and the rest the of the milquetoast soft shoe crowd adhere to those views which have made Black people the world over a permanent underclass.

Dubois didn't adhere to anything that made blacks "world over" a permanent underclass:comeon:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You ain't building shyt, you pan-Africans think y'all the leaders of Black Americans specifically, you ain't even in Africa. NOBODY takes y'all serious and they never will.

Jamaicans didn't even rock with Garvey which is why he left.

Steady dikkridin us Black Americans, y'all don't give 2 fukks about Africa and you know what?

Garvey didn't, either.

:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

:picard: