Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Garvey was flawed as any man but I've seen members on here championed who has said worse about their fellow Ados brethrens. So its funny reading through this thread, when a lot of ppl who are outraged, wasnt in the past when such comments were made

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine me cupcaking with a known white suprmacist or klansmen about how lazy I think black ppl are collectively. GTFOH with these spins. There’s a huge difference between constructive criticism to individuals within the race, and telling a white supremacist that you agree with a false collective criticism “Lazy-Negro” archetype.

:stopitslime::comeon:

I guess breh.. :pachaha:

I said he's right.. Not about talking to the klan.. But he's right about lazy nikkas..

Whether you stop fcking with Garvey or not makes no difference.. White people won't give a shyt.. And you know a black man don't give a shyt.. Black people need to cherry pick information from all the fore runners and don't make the same mistakes..

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
i probably won't get a serious answer but why are black people who emigrate c00ns when they are leaving places their ancestors were FORCED to work in for free on but ADOS aren't c00ns for leaving the South in the Great Migration?
Not going as far as saying people who immigrate are c00ns..... but this is a false equivalency

The ethno genesis of aframs, as well as the bulk of our population, is in the south

But The entire United states is our domain. Migrating from one spot to another in the same country is nowhere near immigration

We helped develop the entire united states

During the migrations, many from the south were staying with family who already migrated prior to the "great" migrations-(my family included)

Slavery was in the north and so was white supremacy.

Typically the charge was that these people are leaving predominately or mostly black nations

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
I guess breh.. :pachaha:

I said he's right.. Not about talking to the klan.. But he's right about lazy nikkas..

Whether you stop fcking with Garvey or not makes no difference.. White people won't give a shyt.. And you know a black man don't give a shyt.. Black people need to cherry pick information from all the fore runners and don't make the same mistakes..

Are u saying black folks are uniquely racist?

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Imagine me cupcaking with a known white suprmacist or klansmen about how lazy I think black ppl are collectively. GTFOH with these spins. There’s a huge difference between constructive criticism to individuals within the race, and telling a white supremacist that you agree with a false collective criticism “Lazy-Negro” archetype.

:stopitslime::comeon:
Not only this, but it needs to be said again because folks are either not getting it, or they feel some type of way(which they need to gone ahead and let us know how they feel), but this man wanted them same klansmen that he was writing letters to, to terrorize southern Black Americans, all in the name of getting more black Americans down with his plan.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Not going as far as saying people who immigrate are c00ns..... but this is a false equivalency

The ethno genesis of aframs, as well as the bulk of or population, is in the south

But The entire United states is our domain. Migrating from one spot to another in the same country is nowhere near immigration

We helped develop the entire united states

During the migrations, many from the south were staying with family who already migrated prior to the "great" migrations-(my family included)

Slavery was in the north and so was white supremacy.

Typically the charge was that these people are leaving predominately or mostly black nations
I respect this; i think people should educate themselves on why people (particularly black people in the Caribbean/Latin America) emigrate. Because these same people want to be disrespectful and call whole bloodlines c00ns for moving but don't live in the counties their own ancestors were enslaved on.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You could say this about Dubios with his fair skinned associates and talented tenth.

Do yall really know what his friends/talented tenth looked like?

founding-members-of-the-niagara-movement-organizations-niagara-movement-date-created-1905-approximate-niagara-falls-ny-civil-rights-2BWRB1C.jpg

Niagara_Movement_delegates%2C_Boston%2C_Mass.%2C_1907.png

02-HF-1257-c.jpg

where did all these dark skinned negro elites around Dubois come from?:mjtf::russ:

Edit: And calling darker skinned blacks "ugly".

I don't think either of these men are clowns, but they are imperfect. Like all of us.

dubois said garvey was black and ugly:lolbron::mjlol:; he never said darker blacks were ugly in general

Last edited:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You said he's right bout lazy nikkas. Please clarify that statement.

Sure......

Black people who work know the deal.. It doesn't apply to them.. Black people who want to work, but are unable to, know the deal as well.. People can say what they want, but facts always trump vain talk..

Now we can get to the "lazy nikkas" im referring to.. Lazy black destroyed the postal system in my neighborhood.. You got a black post office in a black community and them "lazy" negros dont want to fcking work.. And im not even talking about delivering the mail or hard labor, im talking about sitting in the post office sorting 4oz letters into mail bins.. Black people waiting on stimulus checks and SSI checks in the mail.. And these people aren't even considering the people they're servicing.. Some of these same people are even stealing the checks from the people who really need them..

Then you got young dudes who don't even want to sell dope anymore.. Just lay around all day doing nothing, waiting on the hustling breh to finish serving, then rob him.. Thats lazy to me..

Way more black people than you want to believe are tired of lazy nikkas..

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Y'all modern leaders say disparaging shyt about other black people all day long and it's hee hee hah hah, way worse than what Garvey ever said.

:childplease: fuk outta here with that....I'm not talking about internet leaders w/ no pull; any "black" leader with actual pull/mainstream presence says anything like that, they will be called out for it. As I said before, that acquiescing to Jim Crowism, forfeiting voting rights etc.. to keep Southern ADOS safe while living a form of self-separation from whites plan wasn't new.

B1qL0te.png

The 2 more known examples of it prior to Garvey got chewed up and spit out by most ADOS leaders of the day:damn:

gJPJ2sB.jpg

Isaiah T. Montgomery (May 21, 1847 – March 5, 1924)

8kTgWDS.jpg

4VowmEv.png

Pc6Soxu.png

he died with most ADOS leaders basically on that:russell: towards him

DizrbQr.png

the other

4w1kcAw.jpg

reconstruction-to-booker-t-22-638.jpg

9uEBPvv.jpg

Dubois, Monroe Trotter etc.. came for his head

4c6f47535fe58b7cd121bbcddb6c294b.jpg

1895: A Turning Point in Black History | PBS LearningMedia

He ain't say black Americans specifically and didn't have any hatred towards black people and y'all know it.

that quote in the OP isn't about aframs specifically but I provided in this thread many of the ones that were:mjpls:...

Last edited: