Mansa Musa was the richest man in history, had the most wealthiest empire and it's not even taught

SubZero

Hall Of Fame
Daps
Reppin
Wall Street - Black Renaissance Purveyor
I think one of these days, we need to create a megathread where we can discuss all African kingdoms, empires, civilizations, and some of the great Kings and Queens - without Egypt.

Folks tend to focus on Egypt too much but greater things happened further South pre/post Egypt.

That would definitely be an interesting thread.

I might get it started later tonight with Timbuktu the mysterious city - the first higher scholastic learning center a la University, in the world.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's in the Ohio 7th Grade Social Studies book.
Haile Selassie I is as well.
He's the only Head of State I hear mentioned as the "richest person," using the state's resources as a personal net worth calculator.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I caught on to this a long time ago. When yu hear about philosophy they teach yu scorates, Plato,Aristotle, when I kno there were Mayans and African philosophers. With music they talk about Beathovean when music has been around since the beginning of time. When they talk about Astronomy they talk about Newton when I know there were Asians, Africans, and Mayan who been on astronomy.
Breh, I know exactly what you're saying, but right now you're already talking about years of lessons that have little-to-no bearing on Western education systems for the simple fact that they don't have a direct impact on needed Western history.
Even White history is entirely surface-level.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
only just 200 years ago the british where dying from being filthy animals, typhoid and shyt. yet they took there disgusting traits and spread that red,white,blue all over the world wherever they could. they start there history from the renaissance period and never mention being nethandrals.

i dont ever give a fcuk what these bytch ass dudes cover up, shyt you can see today how shyt is grotesque.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Incorrect statement on your end: Free labor. Not cheap labor. Slaves are not poorly paid employees. They are property who work at the behest of their owners for no compensation.

Slavery enriched this entire country and every European country that participated in the trade. The goods that were produced via slave labor in this country were sold all across the world at exorbitant profit due to free labor imposed via chattel slave system. The proceeds from these profits were used to finance economies of entire countries. Including the economy of the United States of America.

The United States would not be the world power it is without the proceeds of slave labor to build the infrastructure of it's economy.

So, no.

Peace
Why is Brazil poor? Venezuela? Colombia? Only 4% of slaves came to the United States so how is America so rich and powerful but all those other countries with far more slaves (96% of all slaves) so destitute

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Why is Brazil poor? Venezuela? Colombia? Only 4% of slaves came to the United States so how is America so rich and powerful but all those other countries with far more slaves (96% of all slaves) so destitute

Poor in comparison to who? The US? Most countries, including most white majority countries, would be considered poor in comparison to the US. And the reality is, the large portion of American population is poor in comparative terms to the top 1% of the American population. But because this is "America", people buy into the "American Dream" and the "largest middle class" in the world.

America is the ONLY country in the world where less than 1% of the population can own and control 90% of the country's wealth and it not be considered a third world country.

I'm not very well schooled on the political history of those countries. But those countries were enriched via the slave trade. It was the foundation for the economies and the proceeds of which were used to create the infrastructure those countries have now. Those proceeds also bolstered the economies of their "mother countries" such as Spain, Portugal, France and the Netherlands.

And also, those countries have been the continual victims of foreign interventionism. Namely by the US. Creating and fomenting internal friction in order to seize control of resources.

"Confessions of an Economic Hitman" goes into some of the maneuvers used by the US Government to overtake foreign governments....like those in Central and South America.

Peace

tater

Superstar
Daps
I actually learned about this in an upper level college class. I had never even heard of him or knew about this. It was disappointing that it took so long in my life and even academic career to unearth this info. Yet I know all about Ancient Greece, Rome and their influences all over the world. I'll be sure to teach my kids about this FIRST. We were great too :wtb:

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
It's about the burden of evidence.

Even tho Africans taught the Greeks philosophy, math, science, etc. we don't have the written evidence of who actually was responsible for teachings. Pythagoras may have got his sh*t from an African, but it's an African that we have no record of. We just believe that he got it from them.

Hey, I believe that history is written by the "winners" and that white supremacy has re-written the events. But at the same time, we just don't have the names and the documents, that definitively show it.

I think it's good to learn that there were complex civilizations in Africa that had an impact and brought knowledge to Ancient Greece/Rome. But I just don't think it's enough to completely negate "white history" because the societies we live in today are based on those learnings (even though they came originally from Africans). I'm ok with our educational system continuing to teach "white history" but with additional focus on known and documented African contributions and at least some acknowledgement that there may have been more that went undocumented.

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
200.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Think about that for a second. Wealthiest man of ALL TIME. Created one of the world's largest and finiest universities (Sankore in Timbutku). Mali was known for its art, music, etc. People came from all corners of the world to study there. This shyt should be all over the curriculum yet kids are told blacks were slaves and nothing else.

Also, National Geographic can do these little short videos but, no magazine covers huh :mjpls:

Mansa Musa :salute:Repped

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
aren't some brothers trying to get a movie about him....
see this is where tyler perry and oprah needs to come togethe if they can stop with the minstrel shows,,,, they have studios, and if we pull more resources, we can start our own distribution... that way we wont have to whitewash our ancestors stories, about some irrelevant white devil, who they try to make the hero and savior

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
:salute: Never would have heard about Munsa if it wasn't for the internet. The magic of spreading information across the globe :ohlawd:.

Knowing what I know now, it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't teach us this in school. Controlling the information you give the people makes it easier to subject them.