Mansa Musa was the richest man in history, had the most wealthiest empire and it's not even taught

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Western hemisphere expansion and cultivation via the Trans-Atlantic slave trade did not explode Western European wealth? :comeon:

You're asking a question that I'm sure you know the answer to. So, let's skip the back and forth. What's your counter point? :jbhmm:

Peace
No not really. Slavery made some people rich but slavery cant make empires rise and fall its just cheap labour.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
The reality is, Africa was very old by the time the first European society gained traction. Much less became any form of empire. Kemet (Egypt) alone already had 20 plus dynasties before it was invaded by outsiders. And Kemet was the child of inner Africa, so we're still learning how far back those Nile Valley Civilizations go.

Because we live in a system of white supremacy, we tell history from the white perspective. So, we denote times in relation to Europe such as the "Dark Ages" or "Middle Ages." When during that same period, Africa was booming and trumped Europe and Asia in almost every way imaginable.

So, in history class, black children are being taught history on the European clock. Not the African clock. Because much of time that Europe was struggling, Africa was not. In fact, the only reason Europe stopped struggling is because of Africa and the Trans-Atlantic slave trade that spurred western hemisphere expansion and cultivation.

If the Moors (Africans) had not been expelled out of Spain in the late 1400s, Ferdinand and Isabella would not have been able to unite and finance Columbus (Cristobal Colon) to open up shop in the "new world." Had this not happened, Europe would have continued in its depravity and would imploded upon itself in tribal warfare. The "new world" was what saved Europe. African labor is what cultivated the "new world" and enriched Europe.

I tell people all the time that White Supremacy is a relatively new phenomenon in terms of world history. But many people can't conceptualize that.

Peace

Very much agree about the "european" vs "african" clock, and I think it goes even deeper than that as my limited knowledge of some african societies leads me to think that the whole living in harmony with the surroundings thing would imply having a long-term vision, and it seems most african societies had some form of cyclical time frame, as opposed to Europe where there is a beginning and a probable end (due to the Christian view of the end of times). If you go further, that idea of linear time is in phase with the very idea of "progress" , which can only fit a euro-centric way of viewing time, as you keep moving "forward" further from your origins. I'm thinking about this as I write so it's not clear, but in some way I feel that also implicitely plays in the euro vision of wanting to distance themselves as such as possible from Africa, which is the origin of mankind.

Dunno if it's already translated in english but keep an eye on Afrotopia by Felwine Sarr, doesn't directly deal with this but more generally about the need to get out of the western concepts.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  • Black
  • Muslim
  • Wealthy

tumblr_static_anjtw1efmbk0og4044g8ckg00_640_v2.gif

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
I found this shyt out 2 years ago and was straight :ohhh:. It's crazy how we are the only race where our history is controlled and in order to get the truth we gotta go outside the matrix on some zion shyt.
And then feel like you're crazy for finding it :wow:

Like you're making up "black history" for your own self esteem because they hide it, neglect it and attempt to debunk it every step of the way.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
No not really. Slavery made some people rich but slavery cant make empires rise and fall its just cheap labour.

Incorrect statement on your end: Free labor. Not cheap labor. Slaves are not poorly paid employees. They are property who work at the behest of their owners for no compensation.

Slavery enriched this entire country and every European country that participated in the trade. The goods that were produced via slave labor in this country were sold all across the world at exorbitant profit due to free labor imposed via chattel slave system. The proceeds from these profits were used to finance economies of entire countries. Including the economy of the United States of America.

The United States would not be the world power it is without the proceeds of slave labor to build the infrastructure of it's economy.

So, no.

Peace

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And then feel like you're crazy for finding it :wow:

Like you're making up "black history" for your own self esteem because they hide it, neglect it and attempt to debunk it every step of the way.

It's sad really because none of my parents or elders knew about this shyt too teach me either. I won't do the same with my children they going to be informed that there race was kings and queens before slavery. I'm trying to put my family on hidden colours so they can open there eyes a bit.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
It's sad really because none of my parents or elders knew about this shyt too teach me either. I won't do the same with my children they going to be informed that there race was kings and queens before slavery. I'm trying to put my family on hidden colours so they can open there eyes a bit.

Same here. My kids are going to be a problem.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“History is always written by the winners. When two cultures clash, the loser is obliterated, and the winner writes the history books-books which glorify their own cause and disparage the conquered foe. As Napoleon once said, 'What is history, but a fable agreed upon?”

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
What's even more interesting about Mansa Musa is that his uncle, Abu Bakr, set out on an expedition to explore the Western Hemisphere from which he did not return. This is one example of Africans sailing to the Americas way before Europe sent out expeditions.

But historically, we've been able to confirm that many Africans had traveled to and lived in The Americas before Europe had reached these shores. Dr. Ivan Sertima goes into great detail in his book "They Came Before Columbus."

Peace

They help build the Olmec Incan Mayan empire as well. The Hopi Indians too. Africans been traveled the world that shyt is not new it's them Cacs denying and lying about world history.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
learned about him in an african american history course in college from this book:

From Slavery to Freedom / Edition 9
it was like a paragraph but they did mention him :yeshrug:

I didn't learn about him til college either. This shyt is significant enough to be taught in public schools though. They don't wait to teach us about Columbus if and when we decide to go to college.

Yesterday

Banned
Daps
I always find it funny when we identify with ancient black royalty from Africa. Hyping up Musa, calling each there Kings and queens. Ignorant to the reality that 99.9999 percent of the same nuccas would be slaves and jesters. Nuccas living on section 8 can't even pay bills but thinking they'd be running empires. :russ: