Mansa Musa was the richest man in history, had the most wealthiest empire and it's not even taught

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're right, Mansa Musa was an incredible historical figure, I didn't really know about him until I was in the 6th grade and I went to the library and wrote a report. But his life story couldn't be written in a script.

Yes it could. Hell White people wrote a story about Mansa Musa's uncle and a lot Black people don't even know it. The movie and the stage play of the Lion King is about the life of Sundiata Keita.

http://epicworldhistory.blogspot.com/2012/09/sundiata-king-of-mali.html
http://www.ushistory.org/civ/7b.asp

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So they went from living in an empire to being sold as slave? was there not an empire after mali in the same general location?

I don't know whether to answer your question or give you one of these :mjpls:.

The empire before Mali was Ghana, which was founded by a Mandinka people called the Soninke. Mali was the successor to Ghana. Mali stayed in existence, but went into decline after Songhay arose. Songhay also had a lot of Mandinka people as their elites. Some Mandinkas helped formed new Kingdoms to the East, South, Southwest and West of Mali. Some of the new Kingdoms were the Mossi Kingdom which is in modern day Burkina Faso (formed by Mandinka prince and Mamprusi princess); the Gonja Kingdom in modern day Northern Ghana; the Kong Kingdom in modern day Northern Ivory Coast and Kaabu in modern day Guinea Bissau. The Mandinkas also formed other Kingdoms in Sierra Leone and Liberia. None of those Kingdoms were as powerful and as strong as Mali.

Fwiw, the Akan people (Ashanti, Baoule, Abron/Brong, Fante, etc.) of modern day Ivory Coast and Ghana are originally from the Kingdom of Ghana. They moved into the forest belt due to conflict in the Kingdom of Ghana. The Akan people formed the Bonoman Empire and of course you know their story later on.

No the people in those regions did not just go into slavery. It is much more complicated than that, but we as African Americans have not been taught the basics of a lot of the conflict. You first have understand the different ethnic groups and then realize that the Europeans armed a lot of the smaller ethnic groups in order to take down the larger more power ethnic groups. The larger ethnic groups were the ones that had the centralized governments and had subjected the smaller ethnic groups. It was the smaller ethnic groups from the forest belt regions that warred upon the larger groups. African Americans don't know a lot about Africa and Africans, because White Americans stopped bringing Africans directly from Africa into the Americas fairly early on in slavery. So by the time of the Civil War in the USA a typical African American family had been in the USA for 5 or 6 generations. So there was no knowledge to pass on, but the remnants of the African culture remained and was reinforced by successive waves of Caribbean people that were shipped into the Americas.

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Very much agree about the "european" vs "african" clock, and I think it goes even deeper than that as my limited knowledge of some african societies leads me to think that the whole living in harmony with the surroundings thing would imply having a long-term vision, and it seems most african societies had some form of cyclical time frame, as opposed to Europe where there is a beginning and a probable end (due to the Christian view of the end of times). If you go further, that idea of linear time is in phase with the very idea of "progress" , which can only fit a euro-centric way of viewing time, as you keep moving "forward" further from your origins. I'm thinking about this as I write so it's not clear, but in some way I feel that also implicitely plays in the euro vision of wanting to distance themselves as such as possible from Africa, which is the origin of mankind.

Dunno if it's already translated in english but keep an eye on Afrotopia by Felwine Sarr, doesn't directly deal with this but more generally about the need to get out of the western concepts.

Kongo Cosmology is something that I am trying to get into myself. The Kingdom of Kongo acceptance of Catholicism always made me wonder if there was a connection between the Kongo belief system depicted below and the Christian Cross. There seems to be some elements of time and water that I have not been able to grasp yet.

616;521;da20ea2ebf869eb54b3743fd6e549060c5457810.jpg

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's sad really because none of my parents or elders knew about this shyt too teach me either. I won't do the same with my children they going to be informed that there race was kings and queens before slavery. I'm trying to put my family on hidden colours so they can open there eyes a bit.

The more that you study our history the more that you are going to realize how unfair it is to say this. There is a reason that Black Americans could not pass the knowledge on; it was because White Americans literally stopped importing slaves directly from Africa into the USA back in the late 1700's (most African Americans ancestors came to the USA on British slave ships between 1720 through 1780). By 1807 the importation of slaves directly from Africa was prohibited altogether into the USA. By the time that the Civil War ended in 1865 a typical African American's family had been in the USA for about 5 or 6 generations; which is the same length of time that the English, Spanish and French had been here. So all that the Black people knew was about Africans was based up stupid ignorant folklore and tall tales pushed by White slave masters.

Facts about the Slave Trade and Slavery | The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History

So your parents and your grandparents couldn't pass down that knowledge to you because they never had it to pass on, because the people that could have told it to them were already dead. Don't forget that slaves came from different regions in Africa and they were sold from one small plantation to another small plantation (about 1 to 4 slaves per plantation) and many times they were sold as children; so their parents never had a chance to teach them anything. That is why the Carribbean, Central and South American Black people know more about Africa than African Americans do, because Africans from Africa were still being shipped into those regions until the mid 1800s. And those Black people were kept on large plantations so knowledge of Africa and Africans could be communicated to them. That is why the Gullah and Geechee culture in South Carolina is so impressive and that is why "Roots" was such an eye opening experience for African Americans and for that matter White people.

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why is Brazil poor? Venezuela? Colombia? Only 4% of slaves came to the United States so how is America so rich and powerful but all those other countries with far more slaves (96% of all slaves) so destitute

You should be asking yourself why is Spain and Portugal poorer than England, France and the United States. England France and United States invested the monies they earned from slavery into industrializing, while Spain and Portugal didn't. That is why the USA, England and France even got richer, while Spain and Portugal went into decay and likewise their former colonies.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's about the burden of evidence.

Even tho Africans taught the Greeks philosophy, math, science, etc. we don't have the written evidence of who actually was responsible for teachings. Pythagoras may have got his sh*t from an African, but it's an African that we have no record of. We just believe that he got it from them.

Hey, I believe that history is written by the "winners" and that white supremacy has re-written the events. But at the same time, we just don't have the names and the documents, that definitively show it.

I think it's good to learn that there were complex civilizations in Africa that had an impact and brought knowledge to Ancient Greece/Rome. But I just don't think it's enough to completely negate "white history" because the societies we live in today are based on those learnings (even though they came originally from Africans). I'm ok with our educational system continuing to teach "white history" but with additional focus on known and documented African contributions and at least some acknowledgement that there may have been more that went undocumented.

I think that European scholarship acknowledges that Greeks learned from the Egyptians. That is why White people stay trying to bootstrap their own history to Egypt's. The thing that is tripping them up is DNA and cultural similarities between the Egyptian and African civilizations that lived in and around Egypt.

As for documentation; stuff if leaking out, but it is up to the readers to make their own determinations.

51MDKF8CXXL._SX302_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
Because he was a Muslim c00n :skip: took so much gold to Saudi Arabia he crashed their economy...why? To show off for his Arab masters :manny: and after he died Mali turned to the piece of shyt that you see now :skip: while the rotschilds money is multiplying daily...

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always find it funny when we identify with ancient black royalty from Africa. Hyping up Musa, calling each there Kings and queens. Ignorant to the reality that 99.9999 percent of the same nuccas would be slaves and jesters. Nuccas living on section 8 can't even pay bills but thinking they'd be running empires. :russ:

Who is we? It is pretty obvious that you are a ignorant Cac troll. You are a very ignorant man and you obviously don't know who some of the slaves were. Here is a letter from the ManiKongo (King of the Kingdom of Kongo) to the King of Portugal. Notice that the ManiKongo states that many noblemen and the sons of noblemen; including some of his own family members were being kidnapped smuggled out of Kongo by the Portuguesse traders in his Kingdom. So lots of noble people; rich people and for that matter Islamic scholars and ruling families were kidnapped and enslaved as well.

http://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/54/Letter to the King of Portugal.pdf
http://www.doralacademyprep.org/ourpages/auto/2009/9/7/39528479/King Alfonso I Protests Slave Trading in the Kingdom of Kongo.pdf

Gawddamn you are stupid.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning

无名的

Superstar
Daps
I think I was looking up richest people ever a year or two ago and found out about him... definitely never heard a thing about him growing up in white America.

:ld:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
White people do what they can to maintain their fragile hold over the world. Once people wake up fr fr it's a wrrrrraaaapppppppppppp