Man pleads guilty to tricking pregnant girlfriend into taking abortion pill

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
I wish you smart dumb nikkas would (a) learn how to read (b) know the difference between a proposed charge/indictment and an actual court contested charge/conviction/plea.

:dahell: You're literally typing up scenarios/paragraphs about something that didn't happen in typical overly dramatic, just wanna be mad at something, female/toddler fashion. :dahell:

No where in that whole story does it say he was convicted of murder or that he went to court on murder charges. :dahell:

You do realize I'm a college professor and I teach Medical Law and Ethics right?

Just saying bro. lol

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Do you live in the state where this happened?

That was my response to that other poster calling me a smart-dumb &*^^^#. Just so he is aware that we discuss medical-criminal cases on a regular basis. I've just never seen an instance where this was used because it is a Federal, and not a state statute.

This is my dilemma. And keep in mind it is an opinion based on what I know.

Welden was indicted under the rarely used federal Unborn Victims of Violence Act, a murder charge that carries a life sentence. He plead guilty

My question still remains valid. There is no doubt in my mind that murdering a viable fetus should carry the maximum penalty, but the intention aborting of a 6 week fetus? Even though it was done in deception, I'm not sure how they charged him with murder under this act. I'm totally in favor of first degree aggravated assault. My line of questioning grows

Scenario: A mother who uses a method of abortion that is not medically sound without the help of medical experts. Would her actions fall under this "Unborn Victims of Violence Act"?

Trying to understand how do they know when to apply this act. It's not an attack on anybody's belief, or what's right or wrong. It's merely trying to understand the charges from a legal standpoint.

Daps
And if he was tricked into conceiving with her there's no consequence.

Go raw brehs.

He wasn't, he knew at one point she would want kids AND he still went raw.
date someone you're clearly not compatible with brehs

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
And if he was tricked into conceiving with her there's no consequence.

Go raw brehs.

With a little thing called a "condom" there's no such goddamn thing as being "tricked" into conceiving. If the bytch tells you she's on a pill or a shot she better be able to provide proof of such. There is ZERO excuse for what he did and if he needs a lifetime behind a jail cell to figure that out then so be it

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I agree you can't force to abort, but why should the father be forced to pay for an unwanted child? He is a dumbass for not strapping up, but she dumbass for trying to force an unwanted pregnancy on him, hoping he comes around and wants to be a family eventually.
With the way the laws are set-up in America, men can pay out the ass for child support, so it must of been worth it to him.

This nikka is dumb. What did he think was gonna happen when u smash a chick raw? :mindblown:

Last edited:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
We can all agree that he committed a crime. The question is, "what was the crime"?

I'm trying to understand how was he charged with murder? 1st degree aggravated assault... yes

First Degree Murder: Definition
In most states, first-degree murder is defined as an unlawful killing that is both willful and premeditated, meaning that it was committed after planning or "lying in wait" for the victim.

The victim did not die. You could try for attempted murder, but medical professionals and pharmaceutical experts would shoot that down because the medicine given to the mother would not have killed her. Her life was not in jeopardy at any time

The question will always defer back to the fetus

Is the fetus considered a viable being at 6 weeks?
Is the intentional abortion of a non-viable fetus through deceptive measures considered murder?
Does the fact that the mother intended on keeping the baby make this a murder charge?
If the father did the same actions with the mother's consent, would it still be considered murder (Could the state take action against the father)?

These are the things you have to think about it, and it's a great ethical dilemma. The charges do not stand up balanced to the litmus test of questioning.
The lawmakers are hypocrits, friend. One one hand you can go to a dr and sign a paper to murder your child but this man will go to prison for not giving her consent and is now being charged with murder. Yet these demons say the baby isnt a person yet, so how is it murder. Its a cluster F, friend and its so demonic.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You do realize I'm a college professor and I teach Medical Law and Ethics right?

Just saying bro. lol

Unborn Victims Violence Act

(a) (1) Whoever engages in conduct that violates any of the provisions of law listed in subsection (b) and thereby causes the death of, or bodily injury (as defined in section 1365) to, a child, who is in utero at the time the conduct takes place, is guilty of a separate offense under this section.

in u·ter·o

1. in a woman's uterus; before birth.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
With a little thing called a "condom" there's no such goddamn thing as being "tricked" into conceiving. If the bytch tells you she's on a pill or a shot she better be able to provide proof of such. There is ZERO excuse for what he did and if he needs a lifetime behind a jail cell to figure that out then so be it

What is funny is this rule does not apply to women that get abortions.
I guess women don't have to take responbilty for their actions.