Man pleads guilty to tricking pregnant girlfriend into taking abortion pill

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
lol, i admited i'm no lawyer. i have no idea what an indictement is but correct me if i'm wrong, they had the intent of charging dude with murder. If that's the case, then i'm saying that's going too far. could you also drop knowledge on what an indictment is and the difference between that and the actual charge?

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/what-happens-when-you-re-charged-with-a-crime.html

Alternatively, the prosecutor can go to a grand jury and ask them to decide what criminal charges should be filed (an indictment)....

Charges Must Be Filed Quickly
Prosecutors generally file criminal charges or not within 3 days, although in some jurisdictions in as few as 2 days. Because prosecutors must file so quickly, the crime you are charged with initially may change significantly over time

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
My argument is I watched the interview and the lady stated: "He could've left for the rest of my life but I wouldn't care because I'd have my baby." She didn't expect child support or anything :bryan:

Stop fukking around with girls that have no financial support system and then get caught up :manny:
*News Flash*
People lie....and change their minds quite often...she coulda really felt that way before the baby came and then when shyt got tuff raising the baby by her self and her mom and homegirls say "fukk dat put that nikka on child support"...and it shall be done

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
both of them are dumb him for admitting to it and her for falling for it , they dont deserve to be parents

Daps
*News Flash*
People lie....and change their minds quite often...she coulda really felt that way before the baby came and then when shyt got tuff raising the baby by her self and her mom and homegirls say "fukk dat put that nikka on child support"...and it shall be done

ya ya ya lmao

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Here's my philosophical dilemma.

At what point is a fetus considered a human being? Granted, as discussed before, this was a criminal act, but was it murder?

In order for this to be murder, the fetus would have to have been considered a viable being. And if the fetus is considered a viable being, an abortion done in the same time frame would be illegal because there is no such law that allows the voluntarily killing of a viable being (except for life and death situations regarding a fetus)

The fact that they even convicted on this charge, just demonstrates to me that this was an emotionally charged case, and not examined on facts and logic

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So the baby was willing to be killed in abortion? A woman has a right to play god but a man doesn't? Last time I checked it took TWO people to bring a child into the world.

It's the WOMAN's body not the man's. the man's decision was made when he decided to insert his penis into her vagina without the proper form of contraceptive. Condoms are cheap, durable, and efficient in preventing unwanted pregnancies. He decided not to do this therefore his "decision" was to risk impregnanting this woman. Once the woman is impregnated its entirely HER decision. He TRICKED her into taking something that not only took the fetus, but put her life in danger as well, if she died then that would've been murder. Nowhere in this scenario did he use any form of common sense or judgement, if he got life for being a scumbag who wasn't willing to take care of his responsibilities and decided to put another person's LIFE in danger then that's on him

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I agree you can't force to abort, but why should the father be forced to pay for an unwanted child? He is a dumbass for not strapping up, but she dumbass for trying to force an unwanted pregnancy on him, hoping he comes around and wants to be a family eventually.
With the way the laws are set-up in America, men can pay out the ass for child support, so it must of been worth it to him.
it all come tru to the female youre dealing with,if they were having those type of discussion about waiting until they were both ready to have a child, i dont agree with the sentence he got but dude got about it the wrong way and now hes paying the price

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
We can all agree that he committed a crime. The question is, "what was the crime"?

I'm trying to understand how was he charged with murder? 1st degree aggravated assault... yes

Aggravated assault is an assault which criminal laws punish more severely due to its seriousness. Factors which raise an assault to an aggravated assault typically include the use of a weapon, the status of the victim, the intent of the perpetrator, and the degree of injury caused. Assaults which happen in the victims home can also qualify as an aggravated assault.

Some assaults become aggravated assaults depending on the status of the victim. For example, many states punish assault on police officers, fire fighters and even teachers as aggravated assault. Typically, for such an assault to constitute aggravated assault, the victim must have been performing his or her duty when assaulted and the perpetrator must have known of the victims status.

In addition to possible punishment for aggravated assault, assaults on members of certain protected classes can constitute hate crimes. These can include assaults based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability of the victim.

First Degree Murder: Definition
In most states, first-degree murder is defined as an unlawful killing that is both willful and premeditated, meaning that it was committed after planning or "lying in wait" for the victim.

The victim did not die. You could try for attempted murder, but medical professionals and pharmaceutical experts would shoot that down because the medicine given to the mother would not have killed her. Her life was not in jeopardy at any time

The question will always defer back to the fetus

Is the fetus considered a viable being at 6 weeks?
Is the intentional abortion of a non-viable fetus through deceptive measures considered murder?
Does the fact that the mother intended on keeping the baby make this a murder charge?
If the father did the same actions with the mother's consent, would it still be considered murder (Could the state take action against the father)?

These are the things you have to think about it, and it's a great ethical dilemma. The charges do not stand up balanced to the litmus test of questioning.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
We can all agree that he committed a crime. The question is, "what was the crime"?

I'm trying to understand how was he charged with murder? 1st degree aggravated assault... yes

First Degree Murder: Definition
In most states, first-degree murder is defined as an unlawful killing that is both willful and premeditated, meaning that it was committed after planning or "lying in wait" for the victim.

The victim did not die. You could try for attempted murder, but medical professionals and pharmaceutical experts would shoot that down because the medicine given to the mother would not have killed her. Her life was not in jeopardy at any time

The question will always defer back to the fetus

Is the fetus considered a viable being at 6 weeks?
Is the intentional abortion of a non-viable fetus through deceptive measures considered murder?
Does the fact that the mother intended on keeping the baby make this a murder charge?
If the father did the same actions with the mother's consent, would it still be considered murder (Could the state take action against the father)?

These are the things you have to think about it, and it's a great ethical dilemma. The charges do not stand up balanced to the litmus test of questioning.

I wish you smart dumb nikkas would (a) learn how to read (b) know the difference between a proposed charge/indictment and an actual court contested charge/conviction/plea.

:dahell: You're literally typing up scenarios/paragraphs about something that didn't happen in typical overly dramatic, just wanna be mad at something, female/toddler fashion. :dahell:

No where in that whole story does it say he was convicted of murder or that he went to court on murder charges. :dahell:

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
This case is disgusting he should have wore a condom it doesn't make sense to feel so strongly about not wanting to have a kid to drug your girlfriend . She could have died and didn't he think that when she miscarried she would go to the doctor and that would come up in her blood work? He is such a pathetic individual. She should have left his ass when he begged her to abort.