Mad Max Furiosa prequel- Anya Taylor Joy and Chris Hemsworth

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
This shyt is bombing out :huhldup:

Technology is knocking Hollywood on it's ass, a lot of these so called 'stars' are simply not it and once again women are not interested
I tried to get my girl to go because she likes strong female characters and action movies but she wasn’t interested, I think the world is too ‘weird’

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
What about them?

There's a world of difference in being a draw for a Netflix movie vs a theater movie. This has been a conversation in the overall death of the movie star

Will people boot up Netflix to watch Extraction on a Saturday evening? Yes

Will people get into cars and drive to the theater to see Chris Hemsworth without a hammer in his hand? They've proven they won't
It’s exactly why I still think the end game for all of this is to hide individual movies behind paywalls like Disney tried years ago. It’s only a matter of time before someone tries it again.

Daps
This is a tricky question.

People have problems with the "anti woke" side of the Internet, but there's an inherent overlap stemming from the fact that a lot of people share their complaints but don't want to be seen agreeing with them(understandably so)

The irony of this movie flopping is Mad Max Fury Road started this wave of female characters attempting to replace popular male protagonists. This was a minor complaint when Fury Road was out but it got a pass because the movie was so good

Throughout this past decade we've had multiple attempts at franchises being hijacked by "new strong female" counterparts . That shyt has ruined Star Wars, ruined the MCU, produced a terrible Matrix movie, and on and on. Whenever nikkas express their issues with this they get gaslit with the "Y'all hate women" incels rhetoric. The "anti woke" movement blowing up like it has is a direct response to the gaslighting

I've heard from a lot of people that Furiosa is good. I'll take their word for it. But the issue is the previous decade of crying wolf with all the bad female led vehicles that nikkas were being pressured into liking. Now they've ran everyone away:manny:

Even using the Mad Max name can be seen as a slap in the face when Fury Road was hardly a Max movie and now you have Furiosa with no Max at all. Nikkas ain't going for the bait and switch anymore
This.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Does Furiosa barely talk in Fury Road as well? That wasn't something I'm used to with the lead actor and never saw the previous film. Also not used to the lead actor not showing up until nearly halfway in the film.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s exactly why I still think the end game for all of this is to hide individual movies behind paywalls like Disney tried years ago. It’s only a matter of time before someone tries it again.
Yea but let's not forget how that experiment turned out :huhldup:

The paywall is the subscription to the service. Beyond that nikkas ain't trying to pay to see one movie at home
. Especially for $20-30

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yea but let's not forget how that experiment turned out :huhldup:

The paywall is the subscription to the service. Beyond that nikkas ain't trying to pay to see one movie at home
. Especially for $20-30
It was a terrible experiment, but someone is going to be bold enough to try it again just like someone eventually trying to lock customers in a la cable.

It's going to get expensive enough to where some people at least consider it.