LUCY is one of the absolute WORST films of the year

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
She put the knowledge of the universe on a flash drive. How many gigs that? :patrice:

Anyways I took my moms to see it. This woman ROUTINELY watches movies on the SYFY channel (I don't know how) and she hated it as much as me. Least she ain't pay for it. :sadcam:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Worse than 3 Days To Kill?? wow, that's saying a lot

A different kind of bad. This movie is far more ambitious, and there are actually some genuinely good moments and scenes....but it just devolves into ScarJo rambling on and on about the most pretentious, nonsensical bullshyt imaginable.

The opening scene, with the inter-cut clips of wild animals was fukking DOPE....but that tactic got tiresome. When Morgan Freeman says "there are more connections in the human brain than there are stars in the galaxy", and the film cuts to a generic shot of the galaxy/universe......:camby:

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
A different kind of bad. This movie is far more ambitious, and there are actually some genuinely good moments and scenes....but it just devolves into ScarJo rambling on and on about the most pretentious, nonsensical bullshyt imaginable.

The opening scene, with the inter-cut clips of wild animals was fukking DOPE....but that tactic got tiresome. When Morgan Freeman says "there are more connections in the human brain than there are stars in the galaxy", and the film cuts to a generic shot of the galaxy/universe......:camby:

:laff:

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
Holy shyt, I couldn't believe how bad this movie got in the third act...I was stunned. I knew there were only like 10 minutes left and I still almost got up and left. Can't remember the last time I had that feeling at a theater.

But basically, the film is a steaming pile of pretentious, pseudo-intellectual bullshyt. The "science" of the movie is laughably stupid, even as science-fiction goes.

"....to knowledge"

as;jkdas;djgbk;jsdgjk;dfgjdgd :dead: @ that line.....holy shyt.......and the conversation with her mother :russ:......

The only thing I've seen this year that I consider worse is Three Days To Kill.....and that might be pushing it. Transformers is horrendous and I'd rather watch that on loop for a week than suffer through Lucy again.

3/10
I'm not sure we saw the same movie...I saw Lucy last night n dat shyt was nice...it veered a little of track sometimes though...I felt like they did a lot of editing to make the movie only a hour and a half long...there's no way she can access 100% of her brain power in just 24 hours...You can tell the movie was rushed but it wasn't trash...

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
:stopitslime:My girl wants to see this. Maybe if my expectations for it are so low I'll enjoy it some what. I'll probably make her pay for it if we go :sas2:

DO NOT pay for this. a fair copy is already available on bootlegg, trust me you dont wanna spend ur money on this