LOWKEY The Ava DuverNay disrespect shows a lot of the problems in the bc

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
If anything the Ava disrespect is a good thing. We need to start ostracizing those who push harmful agendas to the black community. If they can't make any money off of Slave Movies or Precious but they can make more money off of things like Black Panther, guess what will happen?

Even if it's a black director, you have to make sure they are competent and that it's a good film.

I don't care if Lee Daniels is a black man, the content he puts out is suspect that promotes harmful agendas. I'm not supporting his ass either.

Movies, films, tv shows are all propaganda, we need to start taking control of what kind of propaganda about us is put out and support it.

The director/creator being black should only be sufficient enough to spark interest, the project doesn't merit support (monetary or otherwise) until the content/subject matter is given the green light.

Black Nate Grey

Daps
@He Won’t Die
Honestly Breh, you sound you are overcompensating for being called a c00n or whatever. Maybe you got your wake up call? It happens to all of us, we go through a period where we start having radical, illogical views to compensate for past perspectives.

No shade, I like you as a Coli poster.

Just be you fam.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
So we must just blindly support her? Subject matter and content has no bearing on the decision? That's a ridiculous foolish point of view.
But this is truthfully the difference between whites and blacks, that foolish point of view is how they got a man who has no political experience to be the leader of the free world. But to each their own breh

These standards that exist for blacks supporting blacks don’t exist for us supporting anyone else.

Black Nate Grey

Daps
But this is truthfully the difference between whites and blacks, that foolish point of view is how they got a man who has no political experience to be the leader of the free world. But to each their won breh.
I agree but we can't afford to blindly support one another we don't have the safety net to fall back on if something goes wrong. We need to be calculating and more selective in who we support, minimum effort, maximum impact. We need to be more efficient.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I agree but we can't afford to blindly support one another we don't have the safety net to fall back on if something goes wrong. We need to be calculating and more selective in who we support, minimum effort, maximum impact. We need to be more efficient.
They understand that seeing a flawed individual who looks like you win > all that other shyt.

The fact that he’s a reality star with a playboy wife and no experience < he’s a racist with their best intent in mind.

They put white above all.

We don’t put black above all.

You’ll go see the next movie that grabs your attention, as will I. And never ask any of the things we asked of Ava .

It’s a problem. But one that I’m tired of talking about. It is what it is. Ima do me regardless and h shud too breh

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
So then how was the movie sabotaged? Evidently black men listen to black feminists even more than black women do.

because the white media used them as puppets to wage a negative media campaign against Nate Parker and the movie, so the advertising was severely slashed so less ppl knew about it. you can't be this stupid

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
because the white media used them as puppets to wage a negative media campaign against Nate Parker and the movie, so the advertising was severely slashed so less ppl knew about it. you can't be this stupid
The only stupid person here is you. Your argument is entirely emotional, and not based on any fact. People knew all about BoN. They just didn't want to see it. The film performed on par with other films just like it.