LOWKEY The Ava DuverNay disrespect shows a lot of the problems in the bc

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The only stupid person here is you. Your argument is entirely emotional, and not based on any fact. People knew all about BoN. They just didn't want to see it. The film performed on par with other films just like it.

nah, the narrative on BoN BEFORE the rape case details came out were OVERWHELMINGLY positive. Then the narrative completely changed after the case details came to light. The receipts were there from many cats praising the film before and after the case history dropped. It was disgusting.

yet, Casey Affleck out there getting Oscars. Sad thing about BoN was that someone DID GOTO JAIL OVER IT. It just wasn't Nate, it was the dude with him. So of course that wasn't enough.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
nah, the narrative on BoN BEFORE the rape case details came out were OVERWHELMINGLY positive. Then the narrative completely changed after the case details came to light. The receipts were there from many cats praising the film before and after the case history dropped. It was disgusting.

yet, Casey Affleck out there getting Oscars. Sad thing about BoN was that someone DID GOTO JAIL OVER IT. It just wasn't Nate, it was the dude with him. So of course that wasn't enough.
That was more feminism than womanism but :hubie:

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
at the end of the day, i'm a black man and i like to see myself represented in films like everyone else. You can try to make up any myriad of reasons why that's wrong but it won't get me to purchase tickets. There is no compromise here, you either represent me or you don't. There no such thing as close enough.

Moreover, Interracial relationships aren't offensive to us either, they're just totally over-represented in films compared to black on black relationships. I don't think I've ever seen Zoe Zaldana in a non interracial relationship in a film. The last time I saw Halle Berry in a relationship with a black person in a film was before the 21st century. We've seen and supported countless interracial relationship movies. The problem isn't interracial relationships, the problem is the fact homogeneous black relationships are largely omitted from the traditional Hollywood narrative. Name one big budget movie that isn't about slavery or racism that has a black couple in it outside of Black Panther? You can't.
You’re sidestepping the argument and making it seem as if people are telling you to watch or support a movie. Nobody cares what movies you watch or don’t watch... but if you perceive Ava as an enemy or ‘bedwench’ because of AWIT, while ignoring other shyt she’s done like 13th, a movie about mass incarceration, you’re cherry picking facts about her that fits your agenda and that says more about you than it does about her. That’s just a fact.

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
Shut up. People have made it more than clear that the main objection to this movie is that she deliberately put things in the movie to illustrate black female acceptance from white males because she thought it was important for black females to see. That’s something that she said out of her own mouth. Yet you run your bytchass in here and try to make it about something else.
She said something out of her mouth you disagree with, fine.

But she also said ‘with her own mouth’ that black males are unfairly mass incarcerated and made a movie called 13th about it. Where’s the threads on the coli giving her credit for doing that?

She also said ‘with her own mouth’ she purposely casted a white man as the father in this movie because she didn’t want to portray black men as deadbeat dads. Where’s the thread and posts giving her credit for acknowledging that?

Or do You brittle-spirit nikkas just look for shyt to be offended by like the tumblr feminists I fukk off POF?

Answer the question. I’ll wait.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
She said something out of her mouth you disagree with, fine.
That’s the the only thing relevant here. This thread was made to call out and shame folk for disagreeing with her and her self admitted goal to put white male-black female swirl propaganda in her movie. The rest of that shyt you’re saying is a deflection. I’ve never seen that 13 movie but everybody knows that black men are unfairly mass incarcerated and that the prison system is racist and corrupt. I don’t give credit to someone just for acknowledging a widely known fact of life and making a movie for profit on the subject. A quick google search shows that she produced the movie with 2 white men. So 2 white men and a pro-swirl black woman made a for-profit documentary about the mass incarceration of black men and I’m supposed to act like they’ve done us a favor that absolves them of all criticism from then on out? Get the fukk outta here.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
She has talked like she desperately wants white men to like black women. That’s a red flag.

If a black man made a movie expressed desire to desperately get white women to like him I’d think of that as a red flag too yet unlike black women doing it black men who do that c00n shyt get called out

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
That’s the the only thing relevant here. This thread was made to call out and shame folk for disagreeing with her and her self admitted goal to put white male-black female swirl propaganda in her movie. The rest of that shyt you’re saying is a deflection. I’ve never seen that 13 movie but everybody knows that black men are unfairly mass incarcerated and that the prison system is racist and corrupt. I don’t give credit to someone just for acknowledging a widely known fact of life and making a movie for profit on the subject. A quick google search shows that she produced the movie with 2 white men. So 2 white men and a pro-swirl black woman made a for-profit documentary about the mass incarceration of black men and I’m supposed to act like they’ve done us a favor that absolves them of all criticism from then on out? Get the fukk outta here.
If you actually read the opening post and thread title...it addresses the hate and vitriol aimed at Ava and people rooting for her to fail and celebrating when she does, not people disagreeing with her. If that were the case, the thread would be about me as well since I don’t agree with everything (you claim) she’s said either. The difference between you and me is I don’t hate people i disagree with.

Either the thread is about you or isn’t. As the old saying goes a hit dog will holler.

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
She has talked like she desperately wants white men to like black women.
Can you provide an example of this? A quote or something? I’m curious as to whether or not that’s what she actually did or if It’s simply interpreted as such.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
if people, blacks in particular, were rooting for her to fail, fukk them. now those who say AWIT doing less than BP is some indictment on her/BW, i can't c/s that. first of all BP is marvel, those franchises print money. AWIT is geared for younger audiences, therefore a smaller market from jump.

Last edited:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
“The fact that this Caucasian boy says to her, ‘I like that’? That’s so big for a girl of color!” said DuVernay. “And it’s big for Caucasian boys to be able to feel that’s beautiful, too.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rollin...nce-of-natural-hair-in-a-wrinkle-in-time/amp/
Quote has terrible implications and I don’t agree with the rhetoric at all, real foul. With that said, she’s also said things I agree with. I’m ambivalent to her, I don’t see her as the enemy.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
if people, blacks in particular, were rooting for her to fail, fukk them. now those who say AWIT doing less than BP is some indictment on her/BW, i can't c/s that. first of all BP is marvel, those franchises print money. AWIT is geared for younger audiences, therefore a smaller market from jump.
it's also based off of a book that didn't have the same audience.
Failed remix.