Lightskin people AREN'T REALLY Black. {For the dummies...Im being sarcastic]

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Let me post this again so it doesn't go ignored.

"He disengaged himself from other life experiences and went back to a particular spot in his memory to capture the racial distinctions he was able to make. He saw no distinction in skin color between the red men in Igboland and the white men he met on the slave ship. "

--Jacob Korieh. 2009. Olaudah Equiano and the Igbo world: history, society and Atlantic. 2009

" Oye-Eboe" may be a version of the Igbo word oyibo used in the nineteenth century to mean "white man," Equiano clearly uses it to refer to other Africans, perhaps the Aro slave traders. At this point in is life, he tells us, he had not yet seen or even heard of a European."
-- Vincent Carretta. 2005. Equiano, the African: biography of a self-made man. p15

"Badsen [GT Badsen, "Niger Ibos," Frank Cass and Co, London, 1938: 123-124],
in his early-twentieth century study of the physical appearance of the Igbo, had this to say:
'On the whole, the Ibos are of good physique and compare favorably with other African tribes..
Many Ibos are truly as black as the proverbial coal: others are almost as light-skinned as the
natives of Southern Europe,
while a few are distinctly reddish.
The folk who stand out obtrusively
are the albinos.'"
--Gloria Chuku (2013) The Igbo Intellectual Tradition. pp 48-49

Nigerian Igbos today:
JeRscoI.jpg

zXHZfYB.jpg
0n7OBD1.jpg

HRNMZ50.jpg

img_0033.jpg
2z7ev7o.jpg

230519_965948868579_1805156_46974502_4860369_n.jpg

Who should we believe, salvers who actually SEEN these fair skinned Igbos or our resident low IQ Coli residents.:rolleyes:

Our Coli residents who btw dont know anything about Africa.

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
Narrow nose, small lips, eye color and hair texture its a mix of these features a long with a light complexion
I've seen narrowish noses on black people but never small lips or white hair texture, and a person can be black and have green or blue eyes.

There's a reason why Steph Curry gets clowned for being lightskinned and Lebron doesnt get clowned for being darkskinned.
yea let's ignore all of the dark skinned nikkas that are not lebron james get clowned all of the time

Monte Cristo

Banned
Daps
:mjlol: at Poiter's meltdown in here

I have no issues with lightskinned people and am willing to accept them temporarily if they're down because we need all the people we can get.
I just dont consider them truly black. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. No amount of accusing me of being a CAC is going to change my mind.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Doesnt prove anything , are thier photos showing these light skin africans on slave ships? Nope, also there have been mixed and mulattos in Africa since the portugese where in the Kingdom of Kongo .

They have never nor will they ever be black . Only 3 pure races in this world thats Asian , White , and Black but we have to be the odd ones out and try to include every damn body in our race.

READ THE QUOTES BY ACTUAL SLAVERS. The pics are just there for emphasis. According you those fair skinned Igbos who the Europeans slevers met were already mixed with European??? That doesn't make sense! And who gives a shyt about the Kongo Kingdom, we're talking about Igbos. There is NO historical texts of the Portuguese setting up shop in Igboland or Nigeria. If so then fetch me a link.

The quotes that I posted is about slavers encountering fair skinned Igbos who other Africans saw no different than Europeans. But more importantly these other Africans KNEW about this fair skinned Igbos before they knew Europeans. So how the heck could Igbos have been mixed with Europeans????:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Here are them AGAIN:
"He disengaged himself from other life experiences and went back to a particular spot in his memory to capture the racial distinctions he was able to make. He saw no distinction in skin color between the red men in Igboland and the white men he met on the slave ship. "

--Jacob Korieh. 2009. Olaudah Equiano and the Igbo world: history, society and Atlantic. 2009

" Oye-Eboe" may be a version of the Igbo word oyibo used in the nineteenth century to mean "white man," Equiano clearly uses it to refer to other Africans, perhaps the Aro slave traders. At this point in is life, he tells us, he had not yet seen or even heard of a European."
-- Vincent Carretta. 2005. Equiano, the African: biography of a self-made man. p15

"Badsen [GT Badsen, "Niger Ibos," Frank Cass and Co, London, 1938: 123-124],
in his early-twentieth century study of the physical appearance of the Igbo, had this to say:
'On the whole, the Ibos are of good physique and compare favorably with other African tribes..
Many Ibos are truly as black as the proverbial coal: others are almost as light-skinned as the
natives of Southern Europe,
while a few are distinctly reddish.
The folk who stand out obtrusively
are the albinos.'"
--Gloria Chuku (2013) The Igbo Intellectual Tradition. pp 48-49

I mean this shouldn't be surprising coming from your small mind, since you're the same one who made this dumbass thread. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/i-th...e-it-all-before-they-can-ever-prosper.401672/

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
This is not a requirement for being "black" or even looking "black" because one can be 70% white and still look "black"

vanessa williams is 56% african......... (and looks black):skip:

Vanessa Williams' Surprising DNA Test - Ancestry Blog
We've already established that you hold no barometer for any percentage of what it means to be "black." So by your definition, anyone who "feels" black and identifies as "black, is "black." Even someone who is 1/8th black and 7/8ths white (clearly non-black majority ancestry).

Looking "black" is subjective, being "black" in my case is simply scientific. What may "look black" to you may not look black to me. However by my standards there is no debate about it. It simply boils down to genetics. Lapitas, Melanisians, Fujians, Dravidians etc are "black" by your definition simply because they look the part and if they came to the US and claimed to share a cultural "bond" with other AA's--again percentage of African ancestry doesn't hold anything conclusive to you. By my standards, they aren't simply based on their genetic ancestry.

Again, it's just a matter of opinion that i'm more than happy to disagree with you on.

And Vanessa Williams is half African, the margin for error on DNA tests can be anywhere from 5-10%. Either way, she doesn't look "black" to me, she looks "mixed (because she is mixed). By my definition, she's mixed based on the science, by your definition she's "black" because science is irrelevant in your case.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
:mjlol: at Poiter's meltdown in here

I have no issues with lightskinned people and am willing to accept them temporarily if they're down because we need all the people we can get.
I just dont consider them truly black. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. No amount of accusing me of being a CAC is going to change my mind.

Yet not all fair skinned African descent people are a result of recent mixing.

Monte Cristo

Banned
Daps
Yet not all fair skinned African descent people are a result of recent mixing.
Yes, I'm aware that lightskinned Africans just like darkskinned Europeans and East Asians exist but stop trying to act like that isnt the exception to the rule.

If you took a flight to Lagos, Accra or Dakar, the overwhelming majority of locals would be brownskinned or darkskinned.