Lightskin people AREN'T REALLY Black. {For the dummies...Im being sarcastic]

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
You really can't be this retarded can't you?:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::mindblown::wtf::dahell::blink::blink::blink:

Where in your source does it state Igbos mixing with Europeans??? Where? You just posted that source for no reason. Are you on drugs or something?:dwillhuh:

Of course my sources flew past your brain, AGAIN Africans were calling Igbos "white men" LONG BEFORE they KNEW Europeans! And when they first encountered Europeans they correlated Igbos skin color with Europeans.

Again:
" Oye-Eboe" may be a version of the Igbo word oyibo used in the nineteenth century to mean "white man," Equiano clearly uses it to refer to other Africans, perhaps the Aro slave traders. At this point in is life, he tells us, he had not yet seen or even heard of a European."

^^^How the hell could Igbos been mixing with Europeans to get their fair skin, when their fair skin has been noted LONG BEFORE the arrival of Europeans. As for my sources they peer reviewed sources from SLAVE TRADERS.

And Arabs in Igboland? Are you serious???? There is no historical texts of Arabs migrating down that far to the tropics of Africa.:what:

This is well known:what: Arabs hardly even made it past the Sahel and you're telling me they went down to Igboland???

@Kitsch as a Nigerian please educate this moron.

They were mixing with arabs before the europeans and arabs have a lot of cac dna in them. Its in the google link , the arab slave trade and islam was very prevalent with igbos

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
They were mixing with arabs before the europeans and arabs have a lot of cac dna in them.

I'll let an actual Nigerian Igbo embarrass you.

@MansaMusa This clown is saying Arabs ventured all the way down in Igboland and mixed with Arabs.:mjlol:

Since I destroyed his claim about Europeans mixing with Igbos now he's using the cliche Arabs.:mjlol:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Nowhere does it mentions Europeans mixing with Igbos to get their "fair skin", but more importantly nowhere doe it mentions Arabs!:camby:

Try again. :smile:

"He disengaged himself from other life experiences and went back to a particular spot in his memory to capture the racial distinctions he was able to make. He saw no distinction in skin color between the red men in Igboland and the white men he met on the slave ship. "

--Jacob Korieh. 2009. Olaudah Equiano and the Igbo world: history, society and Atlantic. 2009

" Oye-Eboe" may be a version of the Igbo word oyibo used in the nineteenth century to mean "white man," Equiano clearly uses it to refer to other Africans, perhaps the Aro slave traders. At this point in is life, he tells us, he had not yet seen or even heard of a European."
-- Vincent Carretta. 2005. Equiano, the African: biography of a self-made man. p15

"Badsen [GT Badsen, "Niger Ibos," Frank Cass and Co, London, 1938: 123-124],
in his early-twentieth century study of the physical appearance of the Igbo, had this to say:
'On the whole, the Ibos are of good physique and compare favorably with other African tribes..
Many Ibos are truly as black as the proverbial coal: others are almost as light-skinned as the
natives of Southern Europe, while a few are distinctly reddish.
The folk who stand out obtrusively
are the albinos.'"
--Gloria Chuku (2013) The Igbo Intellectual Tradition. pp 48-49

GohanPunchingCell.jpg

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
Nowhere does it mentions Europeans mixing with Igbos to get their "fair skin", but more importantly nowhere doe it mentions Arabs!:camby:

Try again. :smile:

"He disengaged himself from other life experiences and went back to a particular spot in his memory to capture the racial distinctions he was able to make. He saw no distinction in skin color between the red men in Igboland and the white men he met on the slave ship. "

--Jacob Korieh. 2009. Olaudah Equiano and the Igbo world: history, society and Atlantic. 2009

-- Vincent Carretta. 2005. Equiano, the African: biography of a self-made man. p15

"Badsen [GT Badsen, "Niger Ibos," Frank Cass and Co, London, 1938: 123-124],
in his early-twentieth century study of the physical appearance of the Igbo, had this to say:
'On the whole, the Ibos are of good physique and compare favorably with other African tribes..
Many Ibos are truly as black as the proverbial coal: others are almost as light-skinned as the
natives of Southern Europe, while a few are distinctly reddish.
The folk who stand out obtrusively
are the albinos.'"
--Gloria Chuku (2013) The Igbo Intellectual Tradition. pp 48-49

GohanPunchingCell.jpg

You really think with the slavery of igbo people between the 16th and late 19th century by arabs ,they didnt rape or have consentual sex which led to light skin igbos ? You not being realistic

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I'll let an actual Nigerian Igbo embarrass you.

@MansaMusa This clown is saying Arabs ventured all the way down in Igboland and mixed with Arabs.:mjlol:

Since I destroyed his claim about Europeans mixing with Igbos now he's using the cliche Arabs.:mjlol:

Gross. Igbos have some naturally fair people among us. It's a genetic quirk. My mother is one of them. Don't EVER claim Igbos are Arab.

There's a reason why we are Christian unlike the Yoruba who probably did encounter Arabs. If we were descended from Arabs we'd likely be Muslim.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Gross. Igbos have some naturally fair people among us. It's a genetic quirk. My mother is one of them. Don't EVER claim Igbos are Arab.

There's a reason why we are Christian unlike the Yoruba who probably did encounter Arabs. If we were descended from Arabs we'd likely be Muslim.

The fair skin is most likely due to either diet or living in heavy forest areas. I notice that even with some other Africans.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
We've already established that you hold no barometer for any percentage of what it means to be "black."

I said one must have recent black african ancestry:comeon:

So by your definition, anyone who "feels" black and identifies as "black, is "black."

nope, not anyone. Just those who are recent african descent

Even someone who is 1/8th black and 7/8ths white (clearly non-black majority ancestry).

see above

Looking "black" is subjective, being "black" in my case is simply scientific. What may "look black" to you may not look black to me. However by my standards there is no debate about it. It simply boils down to genetics.

I already explained the genetic part

Lapitas, Melanisians, Fujians, Dravidians etc are "black" by your definition simply because they look the part and if they came to the US and claimed to share a cultural "bond" with other AA's--again percentage of African ancestry doesn't hold anything conclusive to you. By my standards, they aren't simply based on their genetic ancestry.

Nope. They aren't of recent African origin

Again, it's just a matter of opinion that i'm more than happy to disagree with you on.

For some context, this is how the One Drop actually works: (repost)

It merely article shows a graph which shows that genetic admixture is correlated apperance in African Americans. The article says: "In this diagram you can see a positive correlation between skin tone and African admixture. If you are African American, the more African ancestry you have, the higher your melanin index". In other words, the more African ancestry you have, the darker your skin on average.

It explained clearly how the one drop works:

"
Whites’ Skin Tone as Function of Admixture

The combination of narrow phenotype variation (skin tone) along with a wide range of inter-population (Afro-European) admixture variation among White Americans shows that a selection process has taken place. Few human populations display such a clear mark of selection. Narrow phenotype variation alone does not necessarily indicate selection. Northern Europeans display little skin tone variation, but they lack a wide range of African admixture. Broad genotype variation alone does not necessarily indicate selection. Puerto Ricans average 50-50 Afro-European admixture, but they also display a wide range of skin tones. The late Stephen J. Gould, Harvard biology professor and columnist for Natural History magazine, used to explain this principle with a baseball analogy. Plot a scatter diagram of the batting averages of a thousand amateur or minor-league players and you will find a very large range of variation. A few such players are very bad, a few are very good, and most spread across the entire range of batting averages in-between. Now plot the batting averages of professional athletes in the major leagues. All are very good indeed. More importantly, the range of batting averages among them is tiny. The difference between an outstanding star of the game and a rookie is a matter of mere hundredths of a percentage point. The reason, of course, is because you cannot get into the majors unless you are very good at it. Similarly, wild cows vary greatly in the amount of milk that they produce. The cows in a dairy farm produce more milk on average but, more importantly, their milk production varies very little among themselves (compared to wild cows). The reason? Those cows who do not make the cut become hamburger.

And so, why do few if any White Americans display a strongly African appearance (have a high melanin index) despite having detectable African admixture? Because those Americans who “look Black” are assigned involuntarily to the Black endogamous group, whatever their genetic admixture. The scatter diagrams of the two endogamous U.S. groups are not symmetrical because the selection process acts only upon the White group. As revealed in court records, discussed elsewhere, a person of mixed ancestry who “looks European” (like Dr. Shriver or his maternal grandfather) in practice has the option of either adopting a White self-identity, thus joining the White endogamous group or a Black self-identity, thus joining the other group. But a person of mixed ancestry who “looks African” lacks such a choice. U.S. society assigns such a person to membership in the Black endogamous group, like it or not.25

In conclusion, U.S. society has unwittingly applied selection pressure to the color line. The only American families accepted into the White endogamous group have been those whose African admixture just happened not to include the half-dozen alleles for dark skin (or the other physical traits associated with “race”). Since those particular alleles were sifted out of the portion of the White population that originated in biracial families, the relative percentage of the remaining, invisible, African alleles in this population cannot affect skin color. That skin-color does not vary with African genetic admixture among American Whites, despite their measureably recent African admixture, demonstrates and confirms that physical appearance has been an important endogamous group membership criterion throughout U.S. history. It has resulted in genetic selection of the White U.S. population for a European “racial” appearance, regardless of their underlying continent-of-ancestry admixture ratio."

Essays on the U.S. Color Line » Blog Archive » Afro-European Genetic Admixture in the United States

And Vanessa Williams is half African, the margin for error on DNA tests can be anywhere from 5-10%. Either way, she doesn't look "black" to me, she looks "mixed (because she is mixed). By my definition, she's mixed based on the science, by your definition she's "black" because science is irrelevant in your case.

My definition is the one that's the standard and that history of race in the USA agrees with:yeshrug:

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA

Some of you are mixed with arab this is a fact the light skin ones, this is documented its funny how people just ignore evidence thats right in their face

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Some of you are mixed with arab this is a fact the light skin ones, this is documented its funny how people just ignore evidence thats right in their face

DNA studies of the Igbo have been done. We are 100% African. Where are you getting this bullshyt from? The only Arabs that got anywhere close to Igboland are the Shuwa Arabs and they never left the Lake Chad Basin.

CPhhKf0WIAEa3_A.jpg