GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
they all have afro hair:comeon:

slaves were described with various shades

:whoo:

I wish I could rep you, I've been looking for this for 2 months. High quality post.:wow:

READ THE QUOTES BY ACTUAL SLAVERS. The pics are just there for emphasis. According you those fair skinned Igbos who the Europeans slevers met were already mixed with European??? That doesn't make sense! And who gives a shyt about the Kongo Kingdom, we're talking about Igbos. There is NO historical texts of the Portuguese setting up shop in Igboland or Nigeria. If so then fetch me a link.

The quotes that I posted is about slavers encountering fair skinned Igbos who other Africans saw no different than Europeans. But more importantly these other Africans KNEW about this fair skinned Igbos before they knew Europeans. So how the heck could Igbos have been mixed with Europeans????:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Here are them AGAIN:
"He disengaged himself from other life experiences and went back to a particular spot in his memory to capture the racial distinctions he was able to make. He saw no distinction in skin color between the red men in Igboland and the white men he met on the slave ship. "

--Jacob Korieh. 2009. Olaudah Equiano and the Igbo world: history, society and Atlantic. 2009

" Oye-Eboe" may be a version of the Igbo word oyibo used in the nineteenth century to mean "white man," Equiano clearly uses it to refer to other Africans, perhaps the Aro slave traders. At this point in is life, he tells us, he had not yet seen or even heard of a European."
-- Vincent Carretta. 2005. Equiano, the African: biography of a self-made man. p15

"Badsen [GT Badsen, "Niger Ibos," Frank Cass and Co, London, 1938: 123-124],
in his early-twentieth century study of the physical appearance of the Igbo, had this to say:
'On the whole, the Ibos are of good physique and compare favorably with other African tribes..
Many Ibos are truly as black as the proverbial coal: others are almost as light-skinned as the
natives of Southern Europe,
while a few are distinctly reddish.
The folk who stand out obtrusively
are the albinos.'"
--Gloria Chuku (2013) The Igbo Intellectual Tradition. pp 48-49

I mean this shouldn't be surprising coming from your small mind, since you're the same one who made this dumbass thread. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/i-th...e-it-all-before-they-can-ever-prosper.401672/

high quality post:wow:

Monte Cristo

Banned
Daps
and because the majority of them are brown and darkskinned the light skinned ones aren't black or ""true negroes"" as your kind usually put it?

They might be officially negroes if they took a DNA test

Socially, I dont consider them "us" in the way the avg East Asian doesnt consider a darkerskinned asian "them" even though a darkskinned Asian could be 100 pct Asian

:yeshrug: just what I believe

Again, I have nothing against them but I wont look out for a lightskinned person the same way I'd look out for a brownskinned or darkskinned person.

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
READ THE QUOTES BY ACTUAL SLAVERS. The pics are just there for emphasis. According you those fair skinned Igbos who the Europeans slevers met were already mixed with European??? That doesn't make sense! And who gives a shyt about the Kongo Kingdom, we're talking about Igbos. There is NO historical texts of the Portuguese setting up shop in Igboland or Nigeria. If so then fetch me a link.

The quotes that I posted is about slavers encountering fair skinned Igbos who other Africans saw no different than Europeans. But more importantly these other Africans KNEW about this fair skinned Igbos before they knew Europeans. So how the heck could Igbos have been mixed with Europeans????:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Here are them AGAIN:
"He disengaged himself from other life experiences and went back to a particular spot in his memory to capture the racial distinctions he was able to make. He saw no distinction in skin color between the red men in Igboland and the white men he met on the slave ship. "

--Jacob Korieh. 2009. Olaudah Equiano and the Igbo world: history, society and Atlantic. 2009

" Oye-Eboe" may be a version of the Igbo word oyibo used in the nineteenth century to mean "white man," Equiano clearly uses it to refer to other Africans, perhaps the Aro slave traders. At this point in is life, he tells us, he had not yet seen or even heard of a European."
-- Vincent Carretta. 2005. Equiano, the African: biography of a self-made man. p15

"Badsen [GT Badsen, "Niger Ibos," Frank Cass and Co, London, 1938: 123-124],
in his early-twentieth century study of the physical appearance of the Igbo, had this to say:
'On the whole, the Ibos are of good physique and compare favorably with other African tribes..
Many Ibos are truly as black as the proverbial coal: others are almost as light-skinned as the
natives of Southern Europe,
while a few are distinctly reddish.
The folk who stand out obtrusively
are the albinos.'"
--Gloria Chuku (2013) The Igbo Intellectual Tradition. pp 48-49

I mean this shouldn't be surprising coming from your small mind, since you're the same one who made this dumbass thread. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/i-th...e-it-all-before-they-can-ever-prosper.401672/

Igbos have have been mix breeding since 1786 with cacs and even longer with arabs along with the arab slave trade. You really think a couple of mulattos light skin didnt pop up from them.

From google

History of Nigeria (1500–1800)

The city-state of Akwa Akpa was founded in 1786 by Efik families (a branch of the Ibibio) who had left Creek Town, further up the Calabar River. They settled on the east bank in a position where they were able to dominate traffic with European vessels that anchored in the river, and soon became the most powerful Ibibio merchants in the region.[2] The Europeans gave this city the name "Old Calabar" for unknown reasons.[3]The city became a center of the slave trade, where slaves were exchanged for European goods.[4] Most slave ships that transported slaves from Calabar were English; about 85% of these ships were owned byBristol and Liverpool merchants.[5] The main ethnic group taken out of Calabar as slaves were the Igbo, although they were not the main ethnicity in the area. Many were taken there for sale from wars of the interior.[6]

All your studies come from the 2000s and even by the 1800s or 1900s the igbos all ready had a lot of admixtures in their families.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
These dudes are straight CLOWNS.

95 pct of people in West Africa are brownskinnned or darkskinned yet they'll post a few stray photos of some random lightskinned tribe to prove their point. It's always the same damn photos in every discussion to :mjlol:
black people in America in general do not get the right to claim their mixed ancestry as being white is an exclusive club with economical and social benefits. You guys are acting like black people had a choice to identify themselves in America. White people didn't go up to african slaves say " oh what do you like to be referred too sir" no, no no.... African Americans where seen as property, non human, and beast. Stop using modern and current context to describe historical events. Every history person knows thats intellectually dishonest. I understand why you do it because I use to do it too and my essays always got low c' s.

Last edited:

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
They might be officially negroes if they took a DNA test

and how much "negro" blood must they have to become "official negroes"?

the avg East Asian doesnt consider a darkerskinned asian "them" even though a darkskinned Asian could be 100 pct Asian

the average chinese doesn't consider a SEA to be chinese but they do acknowledge that SEA are asians.

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
do you know what year the first photgraph was taken? also are there ANY photos of africans on slave ships?

Ive taken trips to slavery museums and searched a lot on African slave ships and documentation on black slaves across the globe. You will find very little at all of light skin slaves or pre colonial light skin native Africans.

It will be like 90 percent dark skin and 10 percnet light skin.

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
You will find very little at all of light skin slaves or pre colonial light skin native Africans.

and? Mind pointing me to the post where I claimed that pre colonial africa was full of light skinned africans? This is about light skin people being black, saying "You will find very little at all of light skin slaves or pre colonial light skin native Africans" doesn't actually do anything for the conversation.

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
and? Mind pointing me to the post where I claimed that pre colonial africa was full of light skinned africans? This is about light skin people being black, saying "You will find very little at all of light skin slaves or pre colonial light skin native Africans" doesn't actually do anything for the conversation.

How can they be black when they dont look like what most black people look like ? It's an example showing how they are not the NORM but are different from what is a pure undiluted black person , it has everything to do with the conversation.

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
Yall darkies need to chill with yall obsession with us light brights. It's psychotic at this point. I go on all these "black" message boards to see what's going on and this topic has plagued them like a storm. Who cares about this dumb shyt man go outside
:comeon:

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
How can they be black when they dont look like what most black people look like ?
by being genetically similar to the darskinned people. And most of the time they do look like the darkskinned people when you look at their facial features. For example

yYNVzQn.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

WONEMmx.jpg

Human skin color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it has everything to do with the conversation.
no, it doesn't. Pointing and going 'LOOK LOOK THEY'RE A MINORITY' says nothing about the people, they could simply be exceptions to the rule.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Yes, I'm aware that lightskinned Africans just like darkskinned Europeans and East Asians exist but stop trying to act like that isnt the exception to the rule.

If you took a flight to Lagos, Accra or Dakar, the overwhelming majority of locals would be brownskinned or darkskinned.

Have YOU been to those places? My sis actually has been around Africa and has been to Accra and she has seen some Ghanaians her complexion(shes lighter toned) which surprised her.

NO ONE is saying ALL light skin African descent people are "unmixed", but to assume all Africans look alike(when its proven Africa is the most genetically/phenotype diverse continent on the planet) or that all light skin African descent people are due to recent missing is just silly.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Igbos have have been mix breeding since 1786 with cacs and even longer with arabs along with the arab slave trade. You really think a couple of mulattos light skin didnt pop up from them.

From google

History of Nigeria (1500–1800)

The city-state of Akwa Akpa was founded in 1786 by Efik families (a branch of the Ibibio) who had left Creek Town, further up the Calabar River. They settled on the east bank in a position where they were able to dominate traffic with European vessels that anchored in the river, and soon became the most powerful Ibibio merchants in the region.[2] The Europeans gave this city the name "Old Calabar" for unknown reasons.[3]The city became a center of the slave trade, where slaves were exchanged for European goods.[4] Most slave ships that transported slaves from Calabar were English; about 85% of these ships were owned byBristol and Liverpool merchants.[5] The main ethnic group taken out of Calabar as slaves were the Igbo, although they were not the main ethnicity in the area. Many were taken there for sale from wars of the interior.[6]

All your studies come from the 2000s and even by the 1800s or 1900s the igbos all ready had a lot of admixtures in their families.

You really can't be this retarded can't you?:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::mindblown::wtf::dahell::blink::blink::blink:

Where in your source does it state Igbos mixing with Europeans??? Where? You just posted that source for no reason. Are you on drugs or something?:dwillhuh:

Of course my sources flew past your brain, AGAIN Africans were calling Igbos "white men" LONG BEFORE they KNEW Europeans! And when they first encountered Europeans they correlated Igbos skin color with Europeans.

Again:

^^^How the hell could Igbos been mixing with Europeans to get their fair skin, when their fair skin has been noted LONG BEFORE the arrival of Europeans. As for my sources they peer reviewed sources from SLAVE TRADERS.

And Arabs in Igboland? Are you serious???? There is no historical texts of Arabs migrating down that far to the tropics of Africa.:what:

This is well known:what: Arabs hardly even made it past the Sahel and you're telling me they went down to Igboland???

@Kitsch as a Nigerian please educate this moron.