Lets talk about there's going to be a Cyborg movie and no Black Panther!

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cyborg is dropping in 2020

Marvel has untitled films in May 2017, November 2017, May 2018, July 2018, November 2018, and May 2019 any of which could be Black Panther
Anything they do now with Black Panther is going to be seen as a reaction to the criticism of their movie universe being so white and male caused by WB announcing women and people of color as the leads of a few of their movies.
And if any of those dates were for Black Panther they would have said something already instead of Fiege constantly evading the question with vague bullshyt answers like he doesn't run that studio.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Anything they do now with Black Panther is going to be seen as a reaction to the criticism of their movie universe being so white and male caused by WB announcing women and people of color as the leads of a few of their movies.
And if any of those dates were for Black Panther they would have said something already instead of Fiege constantly evading the question with vague bullshyt answers like he doesn't run that studio.
Yeah, Marvel is following WB’s lead not the other way around.:mjlol:

They have 6 dates slotted that are not announced. I’m sure they have an idea what they will be. Unless you think Marvel is a studio doing all this without any real planning. *coughDC/Warner Bros.cough*

Won Won

Superstar
Daps

So what's the reason for Thor 3 not being slotted into any of those dates yet?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah, Marvel is following WB’s lead not the other way around.:mjlol:

They have 6 dates slotted that are not announced. I’m sure they have an idea what they will be. Unless you think Marvel is a studio doing all this without any real planning. *coughDC/Warner Bros.cough*
Keep believing that Marvel doesn't make shyt up on the fly and then tries to retroactively say it all was part of a bigger plan, breh.
And putting out a schedule that actually names the characters that will be in the movies released sounds like more of a plan than "Unnamed Marvel Movie 2017".

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Keep believing that Marvel doesn't make shyt up on the fly and then tries to retroactively say it all was part of a bigger plan, breh.
And putting out a schedule that actually names the characters that will be in the movies released sounds like more of a plan than "Unnamed Marvel Movie 2017".

Why wouldn't I? Unless you have insider info?
At least Marvel sticks to their plan after it is announced. Bats v Supes is on its third announced release date already. Believe that DC will stick to what they announced about their slate last week at your own risk breh.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
At least Marvel sticks to their plan after it is announced. Bats v Supes is on its third announced release date already. Believe that DC will stick to what they announced about their slate last week at your own risk breh.
Ask Edgar Wright about how Marvel sticks to their plans.
Moving of dates is common in Hollywood so I don't see your point. We know for a fact that BvS is coming out. And WB usually gives their shareholders a schedule of their tentpole movies which is why the Lego flicks and the new Harry Potter stuff is on the list of movies being released. The DC movies are just a part of the big budget movie slate that WB is planning on releasing.
And keep caping for a company that says a technologically advanced African country is too hard to create on film while making movies featuring Asgard and entire alien civilizations, breh.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ask Edgar Wright about how Marvel sticks to their plans.
Moving of dates is common in Hollywood so I don't see your point. We know for a fact that BvS is coming out. And WB usually gives their shareholders a schedule of their tentpole movies which is why the Lego flicks and the new Harry Potter stuff is on the list of movies being released. The DC movies are just a part of the big budget movie slate that WB is planning on releasing.
And keep caping for a company that says a technologically advanced African country is too hard to create on film while making movies featuring Asgard and entire alien civilizations, breh.
I don’t have to ask Edgar Wright, I know Ant-man is still on schedule despite him leaving the project.
The point is regardless of Warner’s announcement Cyborg being a movie in 2020 is still very much up in the air, that’s six years from now.
And I’ll keep caping for Marvel as long as you cape for DC, a company whose only Black superhero to date are Steel and Catwoman. lol They really took their time and captured the Black diaspora’s essence. :russ:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

*remembers Justice League: Mortal* :lolbron:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don’t have to ask Edgar Wright, I know Ant-man is still on schedule despite him leaving the project.
The point is regardless of Warner’s announcement Cyborg being a movie in 2020 is still very much up in the air, that’s six years from now.
And I’ll keep caping for Marvel as long as you cape for DC, a company whose only Black superhero to date are Steel and Catwoman. lol They really took their time and captured the Black diaspora’s essence. :russ:
See I enjoy both so I am not caping...I just tend to play Devil's Advocate when the stans come rolling in like Marvel is this perfect model of quality filmmaking.
And wasn't even considering Steel and Catwoman as a part of the conversation because we are talking about the current crop of comic book movies but that is still 2 black leads in a movie from WB while Marvel seemingly can put any nonsense on screen and make money but the idea of a black (or female) lead in a movie is just completely confounding to the guy who decides which moves get made.
But keep holding out hope that Fiege will change his mind despite there being no evidence that he has any intention of making a Black Panther movie.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
See I enjoy both so I am not caping...I just tend to play Devil's Advocate when the stans come rolling in like Marvel is this perfect model of quality filmmaking.
And wasn't even considering Steel and Catwoman as a part of the conversation because we are talking about the current crop of comic book movies but that is still 2 black leads in a movie from WB while Marvel seemingly can put any nonsense on screen and make money but the idea of a black (or female) lead in a movie is just completely confounding to the guy who decides which moves get made.
But keep holding out hope that Fiege will change his mind despite there being no evidence that he has any intention of making a Black Panther movie.
You DC stans can't even own it. Don't act like you enjoy both equally. I see you on here rooting hard for DC/Warner, it ain't no mystery. You only play Devil's Advocate when you perceive Marvel getting too much praise.
Feige is a white male, I don't expect him to be sensitive to diversity. It's not hope it's reading articles/watching videos about Marvel studios future plans. He has said he definitely plans to bring him into the MCU, why would I believe otherwise? He's lying for what? To jerk people around or something?
lol @ no evidence, straight from him he said it will happen. Black Panther is an Avenger, he has fans, the MCU needs more heroes, vibranium is already in the MCU, Chris Hemsworth has said vibranium is part of the Ultron story line. But there's no evidence?! Wow.
lol @ it being confounding to Feige's mind. Your dissing of him like Marvel can't do Wakanda even though they did Asgard just shows the contempt you have. You claiming to be some impartial Devil's Advocate is laughable.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You DC stans can't even own it. Don't act like you enjoy both equally. I see you on here rooting hard for DC/Warner, it ain't no mystery. You only play Devil's Advocate when you perceive Marvel getting too much praise.
Feige is a white male, I don't expect him to be sensitive to diversity. It's not hope it's reading articles/watching videos about Marvel studios future plans. He has said he definitely plans to bring him into the MCU, why would I believe otherwise? He's lying for what? To jerk people around or something?
lol @ no evidence, straight from him he said it will happen. Black Panther is an Avenger, he has fans, the MCU needs more heroes, vibranium is already in the MCU, Chris Hemsworth has said vibranium is part of the Ultron story line. But there's no evidence?! Wow.
lol @ it being confounding to Feige's mind. Your dissing of him like Marvel can't do Wakanda even though they did Asgard just shows the contempt you have. You claiming to be some impartial Devil's Advocate is laughable.

Vibranium been mentioned since the 1ST Captain America movie. How is that cluing in that Black Panther is coming? There's no mention of where it came from and no CLUE about Wakanda even being part of the Ultron story... yet you assume just because it was mentioned that's all the evidence you need. FOH :camby:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See this was just from two months ago... dude never had intentions to doing Black Panther and now is feeling the pressure from EVERYONE to get it done.