Lets talk about there's going to be a Cyborg movie and no Black Panther!

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Still Captain America 3 about Wakanda and Black Panther instead of the U.S Government, Hydra or Shield? :WHAT!:

They also already covered the whole Vibranium element makes up the Shield in the first movie.

Breh's trying to palm of Black Panther with Captain America, when he has far more to do with The Fantastic Four and their villains :snoop:

Hey man, I'm not agreeing with him, just trying to give the benefit of the doubt haha

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I get the feeling that there can't be a Black Panther movie because Black Panther is king of an advanced African nation that is far more advanced. than the USA. That will strike some nerves with some people. If they do make a Black Panther movie then he and Wakanda will be brutally toned down.

yep, all these studios do market research and shyt before green lighting blockbusters, they know white america isn't in any rush to see a film about the king of a thriving African nation.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:usure:

More than an actual founder in Ant-Man? The core Avengers have always been Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor and Ant-Man. Black Panther has never been one. That's who they've focused on first as they were building up to an eventual Avengers crossover movie. Disney had nothing to do with Marvel's Studios first slate of films. The films post-The Avengers have been sequels to the pre-Avengers films bar Guardians of The Galaxy :heh:.
So I guess that Wasp movie must be coming really soon then since she is a founding member and has been more of a core character in Avengers history than Ant-Man or Hulk?
Where is that Wasp flick scheduled on Fiege's calendar? Fall 2016?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
So I guess that Wasp movie must be coming really soon then since she is a founding member and has been more of a core character in Avengers history than Ant-Man or Hulk?
Where is that Wasp flick scheduled on Fiege's calendar? Fall 2016?

:WHAT!: Why would there be a Wasp movie when the character is an extension of the Ant-Man franchise/character and the obligatory co-lead in his stories?. When you have Ant-Man you always have Wasp.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:WHAT!: Why would there be a Wasp movie when the character is an extension of the Ant-Man franchise/character and the obligatory co-lead in his stories?. When you have Ant-Man you always have Wasp.
Ant-Man/Giant Man/Goliath/Yellowjacket/Hank Pym stopped being the senior member of the duo with him and the Wasp decades ago after he belted her in the chops.
Wasp became the character that got all the shine from Marvel even becoming a long time leader of the Avengers. She isn't an extension of Ant-Man anymore and hasn't been for a long ass time.
And this movie isn't about the founding member of the Avengers anyway...it is about the second guy to be Ant-Man, Scott Lang, who was about the most D-list superhero you could ever think of and there isn't even a guarantee that Evangeline Lilly's character will be anything more than just a regular old girlfriend character since she isn't Janet van Dyne.

So arguing that Ant-Man is some major character who has to be a focus in the MCU because of his stature in the comics is goofy because Scott Lang wasn't shyt in the comics and was only an Avenger for a hot minute.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said they would introduce Black Panther in Avengers 2 not Cap 3. Read what you quote.

I am speculating heavily but like I said I'm confident. I will bet you Coli cash BP shows up in Avengers 2.

Like I said, MAYBES and HOPES.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The POINT I am making is Disney isn't going there to make a Black Panther movie, but had this been any OTHER studio, one would of been set up and up and running for production long time ago.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Ant-Man/Giant Man/Goliath/Yellowjacket/Hank Pym stopped being the senior member of the duo with him and the Wasp decades ago after he belted her in the chops.
Wasp became the character that got all the shine from Marvel even becoming a long time leader of the Avengers. She isn't an extension of Ant-Man anymore and hasn't been for a long ass time.
And this movie isn't about the founding member of the Avengers anyway...it is about the second guy to be Ant-Man, Scott Lang, who was about the most D-list superhero you could ever think of and there isn't even a guarantee that Evangeline Lilly's character will be anything more than just a regular old girlfriend character since she isn't Janet van Dyne.

So arguing that Ant-Man is some major character who has to be a focus in the MCU because of his stature in the comics is goofy because Scott Lang wasn't shyt in the comics and was only an Avenger for a hot minute.

The Wasp will always be an extension of Ant-Man's character, the same way The Winter Soldier will always be an extension of Captain America and War Machine with Iron Man. You can't have those characters without the aforementioned core characters. They're tied down due to their origins and ties.

The Ant-Man movie is about both Hank Pym and Scott Lang. They're developing the history of Shield in the film. The Ant-Man movie was also delayed due to Edgar Wright doing another movie. If it had come out with the first roster of films like it was supposed to, both Ant-Man and Wasp would have been in The Avengers movie and founding members. It's not a random movie/character that they've suddenly decided to give the go ahead. The Selvig character in The Avengers was clearly a Hank Pym sub.

Evangeline Lilly's character is clearly a stand-in for a younger Janet Van Dyne/Wasp.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Wasp will always be an extension of Ant-Man's character, the same way The Winter Soldier will always be an extension of Captain America and War Machine with Iron Man. You can't have those characters without the aforementioned core characters. They're tied down due to their origins and ties.

The Ant-Man movie is about both Hank Pym and Scott Lang. They're developing the history of Shield in the film. The Ant-Man movie was also delayed due to Edgar Wright doing another movie. If it had come out with the first roster of films like it was supposed to, both Ant-Man and Wasp would have been in The Avengers movie and founding members. It's not a random movie/character that they've suddenly decided to give the go ahead. The Selvig character in The Avengers was clearly a Hank Pym sub.

Evangeline Lilly's character is clearly a stand-in for a younger Janet Van Dyne/Wasp.
My issue is with your argument that Black Panther doesn't get a movie because they have to focus on the core Avengers when Hulk and Ant-Man are not the core. They are founders but they aren't the core of the team. The core characters of the Avengers are and will always be Cap/Thor/Iron Man...everyone else is secondary to them. Ant Man is not even treated like a A-list character or even A-list Avenger in the comics like those three are.
So there is no reason that an Ant Man movie is being made other than Fiege wants it made which is the only criteria to movies being made at Marvel Studios. What Fiege wants to make gets made...what he doesn't want to make doesn't happen.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
wouldnt Ant-Man have to be a significant character in the films tho?
didnt he create Vision and Ultron?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The POINT I am making is Disney isn't going there to make a Black Panther movie, but had this been any OTHER studio, one would of been set up and up and running for production long time ago.

This sounds like a MAYBE and HOPE as well. You are seriously predicting the future? I say they will make him, you say they won't. Ill put all my coli cash they make BP apart of the MCU before Cyborg ever sees screen time. Are you a taking or not?!:stopitslime:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This sounds like a MAYBE and HOPE as well. You are seriously predicting the future? I say they will make him, you say they won't. Ill put all my coli cash they make BP apart of the MCU before Cyborg ever sees screen time. Are you a taking or not?!:stopitslime:

I'm basing off that they HAVE NOT announced it nor made rooms in preparation for it. The CLOSEST Fiege ever stated about Black Panther is that they may think about doing it,they just don't know WHEN which seems to me a cop out plea because it's like the MOST ASKED QUESTION whenever he's doing interviews. And I am not even blaming it on Fiege because I am certain if it weren't for Disney, he would have made an official announcement a while ago.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm basing off that they HAVE NOT announced it nor made rooms in preparation for it. The CLOSEST Fiege ever stated about Black Panther is that they may think about doing it,they just don't know WHEN which seems to me a cop out plea because it's like the MOST ASKED QUESTION whenever he's doing interviews. And I am not even blaming it on Fiege because I am certain if it weren't for Disney, he would have made an official announcement a while ago.
Feige was way more definitive than that, he said it is 'absolutely in development' and they 'certainly' have plans to bring him to life someday.

I think some people misinterpret Disney’s intentions. They all about the $, and with Cap 2 and GOTG doing such good #s they are more likely to let Feige cook instead of putting reigns on him. He’s killing shyt as far as box office, especially most recently. Why would they try and fukk with his flow?