Lets talk about there's going to be a Cyborg movie and no Black Panther!

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
ether-28general-29.png

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey I'm wrong. Disney surprised me... or so much pressure was on them that they had to green light. Now the question would be how much justice would they do with this film. Like purely African all the way.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Hey I'm wrong. Disney surprised me... or so much pressure was on them that they had to green light. Now the question would be how much justice would they do with this film. Like purely African all the way.

Yeah they felt the pressure then decided to make the movie. :mjlol:
I hope your not as serious anymore, especially since you were like completely wrong. lol

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In hindsight I'm fairly certain Marvel had this planned out far in advance regardless of what Feige was talking about.

Ulysses Klaw, a major BP villain, is in "The Avengers 2" trailer. Keep in mind this is a movie that had a completed draft of the script a year and a half ago, and was filming in Africa 7+ months ago. So close to a year ago they knew BP would fit into the MCU in some capacity.

Fred.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah they felt the pressure then decided to make the movie. :mjlol:
I hope your not as serious anymore, especially since you were like completely wrong. lol

You honestly believe doing a completely African superhero big budget film was going to be made just because DISNEY would love the idea? :comeon:

You honestly believe that PEOPLE constantly WASN'T all up on Fiege's face demanding where's the Black Panther film? You honestly believe the GENERAL criticism spread around the media is the fact that so far there HAS NO BEEN a multi-racial/ethnic AND gender superhero lead from either DC & Marvel Studios when therefore the sudden "coincidence" that BOTH of these companies are announcing films with a bit more diversity?

I am man enough to admit I was wrong about Disney and am HAPPY I was wrong, because my entire gripe is I WANT this movie to happen. But lets not claim that this was originally the game plan and the almost fanatic DEMAND from fans didn't have an effect in this.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In hindsight I'm fairly certain Marvel had this planned out far in advance regardless of what Feige was talking about.

Ulysses Klaw, a major BP villain, is in "The Avengers 2" trailer. Keep in mind this is a movie that had a completed draft of the script a year and a half ago, and was filming in Africa 7+ months ago. So close to a year ago they knew BP would fit into the MCU in some capacity.

Fred.

People been asking about Black Panther since at least 2010. I never said it wasn't saying they announced it just out the blue (even though that still could of been the case... we had easter eggs a plenty with Marvel for things that aren't going to happen... HELL we saw HOWARD THE DUCK and we know that's not going to be remade... I hope)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean this was THEIR OWN EXCUSE just TWO YEARS AGO....

“That would be Marvel in space,” he said. “That’s a great concept and a great idea, and potentially one of our films in the future.” Another possible candidate is “Black Panther,” a superhero story that centers on T’Challa, the defender of a fictional African nation called Wakanda.

“He has a lot of the same characteristics of a Captain America: great character, good values,” said the Marvel exec. “But it’s a little more difficult, maybe, creating [a world like Wakanda]. It’s always easier basing it here. For instance, Iron Man 3 is rooted right here in Los Angeles and New York. When you bring in other worlds, you’re always faced with those difficulties.”

http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012/07/17/518441/marvel-black-panther/

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You honestly believe doing a completely African superhero big budget film was going to be made just because DISNEY would love the idea? :comeon:

You honestly believe that PEOPLE constantly WASN'T all up on Fiege's face demanding where's the Black Panther film? You honestly believe the GENERAL criticism spread around the media is the fact that so far there HAS NO BEEN a multi-racial/ethnic AND gender superhero lead from either DC & Marvel Studios when therefore the sudden "coincidence" that BOTH of these companies are announcing films with a bit more diversity?

I am man enough to admit I was wrong about Disney and am HAPPY I was wrong, because my entire gripe is I WANT this movie to happen. But lets not claim that this was originally the game plan and the almost fanatic DEMAND from fans didn't have an effect in this.
Disney is the parent company/distributor none of these movies are their idea. The studio comes up with the ideas and they just say yes or no.
dog, like I said thru this entire thread the evidence this character would be introduced goes back to Captain America: The First Avenger. They weren't receiving diversity criticism back then. Marvel wanted to do this for awhile. It really isn't about the criticism, they printing money regardless. If that slowed down then they would listen to criticism.