Lets talk about there's going to be a Cyborg movie and no Black Panther!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People been asking about Black Panther since at least 2010. I never said it wasn't saying they announced it just out the blue (even though that still could of been the case... we had easter eggs a plenty with Marvel for things that aren't going to happen... HELL we saw HOWARD THE DUCK and we know that's not going to be remade... I hope)

More often than not the Marvel easter eggs have led to concrete information though.

Hell, there was a Project Pegasus/42 easter egg in "The Avengers" 2 years ago, which is a direct reference to "Civil War", but people were trying to say "Civil War" was announced because of "Batman V Superman". :heh:

Fred.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disney is the parent company/distributor none of these movies are their idea. The studio comes up with the ideas and they just say yes or no.
dog, like I said thru this entire thread the evidence this character would be introduced goes back to Captain America: The First Avenger. They weren't receiving diversity criticism back then. Marvel wanted to do this for awhile. It really isn't about the criticism, they printing money regardless. If that slowed down then they would listen to criticism.

Disney OWNS Marvel. PERIOD. They have the final say. This was precisely why I put it all on Disney, I am positive Feige always wanted a BP film, but even his own CO-PRESIDENT just two years ago believe it wasn't realistic to happen. So somehow between that time, minds were changed. Simple as that. Just like anything that DC does have to go through WB, the same goes with Marvel and Disney. Disney gives the okay. I would even to say that the Guardians success gave Feige that "carte blanche" to do whatever he wants now in the same way WB gave for Nolan. But best believe Disney was holding back or we would of gotten our Black Panther a WHILE ago.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Disney OWNS Marvel. PERIOD. They have the final say. This was precisely why I put it all on Disney, I am positive Feige always wanted a BP film, but even his own CO-PRESIDENT just two years ago believe it wasn't realistic to happen. So somehow between that time, minds were changed. Simple as that. Just like anything that DC does have to go through WB, the same goes with Marvel and Disney. Disney gives the okay. I would even to say that the Guardians success gave Feige that "carte blanche" to do whatever he wants now in the same way WB gave for Nolan. But best believe Disney was holding back or we would of gotten our Black Panther a WHILE ago.

Feige has shown media people the plans for the MCU up until 2028. But thy aren't announcing past the Infinity Wars, it's called planning. You need to study up on the concept.
Let's keep it thorough, BP is not a founding member of the Avengers why on earth would he be announced so much earlier?! They have just done 1 Avengers movie so far. Why would I 'best believe' that? Oh cause you say so? Yer info isn't that reliable. lol Just sayin' . . .

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More often than not the Marvel easter eggs have led to concrete information though.

Hell, there was a Project Pegasus/42 easter egg in "The Avengers" 2 years ago, which is a direct reference to "Civil War", but people were trying to say "Civil War" was announced because of "Batman V Superman". :heh:

Fred.

Right... and the whole Batman vs Superman easter egg from I AM LEGEND meant that they had it every intention of making it in 2016 too. :stopitslime:

And, and it's NOT like I never believed the Civil War story wasn't going to happen, but many thought it wasn't plausible due to the fact at the very LEAST you needed Spidey. But I WILL say it is highly coincidental of THAT timing of it too. Matter of fact, and this was coming FROM Marvel, everything was still up in the air in what they were going to even DO with Iron Man/Tony Stark due to RDJ and contractual negotiations.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They did it on their timeline instead of the public's. Sounds like executing a plan instead of being completely transparent with the media. We see what course of action is working best.

Like I said before, you honestly believe public demand has no impact. And the funniest shyt here is this is the CO-PRESIDENT of Marvel saying how implausible this could happen.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Like I said before, you honestly believe public demand has no impact. And the funniest shyt here is this is the CO-PRESIDENT of Marvel saying how implausible this could happen.
It was in the plans since Cap 1. So Marvel was already planning what the public wanted.

:snoop: He said 'a little more difficult' not implausible. Learn how to comprehend what you read.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was in the plans since Cap 1. So Marvel was already planning what the public wanted.

:snoop: He said 'a little more difficult' not implausible. Learn how to comprehend what you read.

You must not read the article at all. The truth was they had trouble getting it greenlit. Feige just last year even admitted they are unsure when it would come. Everything points towards DISNEY giving them the greenlight.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

:snoop: We've gone though this before

The first roster/phase of films were announced in 2008, two years before Disney bought them. The roster included Thor, Captain America, Ant-Man and The Avengers crossover movie. Ant-Man was delayed because Edgar Wright went off to do another film. Those are the core Avengers. All were successful and all garnered inevitable sequels that have taken place in Marvel Studios second phase of films. They're about to bump their releases up to three a year and plan to release a new property each year along with a sequel.

The majority of Marvel Studios movies have been set-ups(origins) and sequels to them, the only new property has been Guardians of The Galaxy. This is after six years of films(eight films in total, nine after Avengers 2). So it's not like they're going all out of their way to specifically avoid it, by burning through every other character not named "Black Panther". Obviously Doctor Strange will change that, but that's part of a slate of films that haven't all been officially revealed. A Black Panther movie could be one of them or the character could be in one of the films :manny:.

Marvel wont suddenly rush out a Black Panther movie because Warner are making Cyborg:heh:, vice-versa with Ms. Marvel and Wonder Woman.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: We've gone though this before

What is ALL that has anything to DO with DISNEY green lighting Black Panther NOW? Disney OWNS Marvel know and have done so for the past 2 plus years. And nobody isn't speaking about PHASE 1, BTW... so deuces out this thread :camby:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Right... and the whole Batman vs Superman easter egg from I AM LEGEND meant that they had it every intention of making it in 2016 too. :stopitslime:

And, and it's NOT like I never believed the Civil War story wasn't going to happen, but many thought it wasn't plausible due to the fact at the very LEAST you needed Spidey. But I WILL say it is highly coincidental of THAT timing of it too. Matter of fact, and this was coming FROM Marvel, everything was still up in the air in what they were going to even DO with Iron Man/Tony Stark due to RDJ and contractual negotiations.

:what:

Breh, you're reaching at this point. Do some research before you post.

"I Am Legend" ain't got shyt to do with DC, the only reason that was thrown in "I Am Legend" is because Akiva Goldsman worked on a "Batman V Superman" script back in 2002. It has nothing to do with the actual movie coming out.

The Project 42 easter egg in "The Avengers" is directly tied to characters in the over arching story....one easter egg in a long line of them that, at that point, had come to fruition in one form or another.

You're comparing apples and oranges. shyt was the most random, off the wall comparison you could make. :heh:

RDJ said he was down for Marvel cameos in March 2013. "Batman V Superman" was confirmed at Comic-Con in July 2013. So Marvel already had RDJ on hand before the DC movie was even announced.

Lastly, they're rebooting the "Civil War" comic line so having Spider-Man wasn't necessarily a factor.

Fred.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
shyt....matter of fact, judging by the RDJ/Evans/Boseman exchange at the Marvel event, Black Panther is filling in where Spider-Man was meant to be. He's the neutral one. So you have to ask yourself, how far back did they have BP figured into the MCU, to make him an integral part of the "Civil War" story line?

Fred.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

Breh, you're reaching at this point. Do some research before you post.

"I Am Legend" ain't got shyt to do with DC, the only reason that was thrown in "I Am Legend" is because Akiva Goldsman worked on a "Batman V Superman" script back in 2002. It has nothing to do with the actual movie coming out.

The Project 42 easter egg in "The Avengers" is directly tied to characters in over arching story....one easter egg in a long line of them that, at that point, had come to fruition in one form or another.

You're comparing apples and oranges. shyt was the most random, off the wall comparison you could make. :heh:

RDJ said he was down for Marvel cameos in March 2013. "Batman V Superman" was confirmed at Comic-Con in July 2013. So Marvel already had RDJ on hand before the DC movie was even announced.

Lastly, they're rebooting the "Civil War" comic line so having Spider-Man wasn't necessarily a factor.

Fred.

I was being sarcastic to say easter eggs do not ALWAYS mean something it will automatically lead to that.... most of the time, easter eggs are just easter eggs.

2nd of all, RDJ's contract was definitely up in the air and Marvel themselves stated they will not announce ANYTHING unless there's a confirmation on contractual agreements. The only reason Civil War was announced was due to RDJ agreeing to sign on. If it wasn't going to happen, then Marvel and EASY go another route with Captain America we with ANY of these films. What amazes me is the fact you really BELIEVE that they have a strict direction going up to 2029.

Also, again, I PERSONALLY thought that the Civil War story arc could happen, however, the biggest issue people in general was saying was the Spider-Man inclusion which Marvel HAVE and possibly STILL trying to work with SONY to get on board with the crossover which would be AMAZING if it happens. But the point YOU are missing is Marvel is FLEXIBLE enough to adjust and DC is still their direct competitor. There's TOO MUCH coincidences for all this to come out NOW instead of just a random day.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt....matter of fact, judging by the RDJ/Evans/Boseman exchange at the Marvel event, Black Panther is filling in where Spider-Man was meant to be. He's the neutral one. So you have to ask yourself, how far back did they have BP figured into the MCU, to make him an integral part of the "Civil War" story line?

Fred.

Marvel was and still dealing with Sony in pulling Spider-Man....believe or not, rewrites and changes to films DO HAPPEN. Do you believe DC's roll out was all mapped out from the moment Man of Steel was released?