Let's talk about it.... Is it really social conditioning if men prefer light skin women?

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
The question that should be asked is if our preferences in the opposite, or same sex, be it black or white, is of our own volition.

I do know that preferring those that are most similar to you can be socially beneficial (shared ethnicity, culture, experiences, generational wealth building) but I don't think our preferences are determined biologically. This also can apply to any other psychical characteristic we may value in a mate. (shape, height, weight, beard)

Last edited:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
@Eddy Gordo

I think it's conditioning if you are conditioned. Like @.number.(n)one.* said, it should be about symmetry of features.

Fine is fine.

But what people don't realize is social conditioning is subtle. Only the most ignorant will come out and say some shyt like "I don't do dark bytches" explicitly. Instead, we learn thru subliminal messages and subtle social cues to associate negativity with darkness and positivity with light.

That translates even stronger to darkness in and on women. Studies have shown that there is a much greater percentage of sexually explicit and graphic content depicting women with darker features than the reverse.
Where is the light skinned version of Precious? Or that comedian in Ghostbusters?
Subtle cues associating darkness with poverty and negativity like the little starving African kids. Subtle cues associating famous blk men and wealthy blk men with non-blk women.

The lesson learned by our boys is that dark chicks are okay to fukk, but when you "boss up" she gotta be light or even "better" white.
And countless studies corroborate this.

(PDF) Shedding “light” on marriage: The...

"those more likely to be impacted by the shortage of “marriageable” black males, 55 percent of light skinned black females had been married, but only 30 percent of those with medium skin shade and 23 percent of the dark skinned females had ever been married. The ever married rate for young white women, 50 percent, is slightly less than the rate for young light skin black women, but the difference is not statistically significant. Similarly, light skinned black women are more likely to be presently married or presently on their first marriage than white women or darker skinned black women. Although, the difference is not statistically significant in comparison to white women, the gap is statistically significant in comparison to the two darker skinned black women groups. Twenty percent of light skinned black women have a child under the age of 18 but have never been married whereas 38 and 35 percent of medium and dark skinned black women have such a child and have never been married."

In our society blk men are socially conditioned to associate love, romance, courtship with light skinned females and sex with dark skinned females---a direct mimicry of racist white male tendencies.

Moreover, blk women are increasing becoming social conditioned against blk men much in the ways blk men have been conditioned against blk women.

In the future you will hear more blk women acting the same way associating blk men as good for nothing but "dikk" and associating stability and marriage with white men. Mark my words.

None of this means it's evil to recognize beauty if it happens to be in somebody light skinned. I think Brittney Renner, for instance, is gorgeous. And this chick looks unreal
c95325b31950b833caeee8ae4d984768.jpg

But little blk boys don't see chicks like this on tv.

They see
angry-black-woman-gif-3.gif

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It's definitely social conditioning.

I recognized this a while a back. Funny enough, I havent really been into LS chicks since I was like 13. IDK I find LS attractive, but I don't crave them. It's weird. I definitely fukk wit more brownskin and darkskin women....

Disclaimer half my fam is LS and half my fam is DS :patrice:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
If you're going out or your way to disparage the end of the spectrum you don't favor, yes.
On some real stuff outside of the net how many of you have even saw cats do that IRL? People always saying this but I can't even recall a time I've actually heard anybody actually say such.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
In my circles we only care about how fat your ass is. Only dudes that talked about skin color were dudes that couldn't bag the baddest chicks so they tried to act like they was doing something with some basic ass redbone.

Any dude that gives a f**k about skin color is a certified weirdo.
Why you low key calling most of these dudes here weirdos fam?

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
It’s strange though. Social conditioning regarding color does exist but it seems to only work on POC.

When you look at who the media props up as attractive, it’s usually pale white women. Asians and latinas don’t get propped up nearly as high but white men love them and white women stay trying to catch a tan.