Let's talk about it.... Is it really social conditioning if men prefer light skin women?

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
Every preference by that argument is social conditioning....the question is, is it wrong to have that preference?

Exactly, that’s the real question. Everyone used to want the nice t*ts, now a nice ass is popular. But is it wrong?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Basically.

S**t is stupid. I don't even understand how that can come into play.
I agree but think its even stupider that men are on some we have to help our women feel better talk. What kinda weirdo pandering talk is that? Its a cold world out there and some people aren't going to get chose for whatever reason. When girls want some Jeremy Meeks looking dude I'm not huffing and puffing asking chicks if their dads look like dude and what about colorism. That's the realm of truth clowns IMO and even worse for guys to sound like girls on here because when do dudes really talk about colorism when its just the guys? Dudes trying to get some p*ssy fam not worry about that stupid stuff that don't affect us for,the most part.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Every preference by that argument is social conditioning....the question is, is it wrong to have that preference?
The only preference that seem to ever be wrong are the ones men have. Women can have all the preferences and generally nobody says shyt but with men you get women and some pandering ass dudes worrying about how we move.

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Same breh. Half my fam is lightskinned and half is darkskinned. When I was younger I actually used to try to fukk with the darker skinned girls or girls that were my complexion. Light skinned girls used to be on me heavy tho and they were fine but most were mixed and lowkey annoying. All my boys were darkskin and they only fukked with the lightskinned chicks and the darkskinned chicks I was tryna holla at liked the lightskinned nikkas....and the white boys.:martin:

It's definitely social conditioning.

I recognized this a while a back. Funny enough, I havent really been into LS chicks since I was like 13. IDK I find LS attractive, but I don't crave them. It's weird. I definitely fukk wit more brownskin and darkskin women....

Disclaimer half my fam is LS and half my fam is DS :patrice:

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I'm already seeing black women being conditioned against black men and it's not even subtle to be honest. It fairly obvious with the way they've been painting black men and the fact that there's a new article out every week about how black women should "broaden their dating scene". And it's always pointed that they should date white men.:mjpls:

But I guess we'll all just "preference" and "inclusion" ourselves out of existence. shyt's "not that deep" right?:yeshrug:

@Eddy Gordo

I think it's conditioning if you are conditioned. Like @.number.(n)one.* said, it should be about symmetry of features.

Fine is fine.

But what people don't realize is social conditioning is subtle. Only the most ignorant will come out and say some shyt like "I don't do dark bytches" explicitly. Instead, we learn thru subliminal messages and subtle social cues to associate negativity with darkness and positivity with light.

That translates even stronger to darkness in and on women. Studies have shown that there is a much greater percentage of sexually explicit and graphic content depicting women with darker features than the reverse.
Where is the light skinned version of Precious? Or that comedian in Ghostbusters?
Subtle cues associating darkness with poverty and negativity like the little starving African kids. Subtle cues associating famous blk men and wealthy blk men with non-blk women.

The lesson learned by our boys is that dark chicks are okay to fukk, but when you "boss up" she gotta be light or even "better" white.
And countless studies corroborate this.

(PDF) Shedding “light” on marriage: The...

"those more likely to be impacted by the shortage of “marriageable” black males, 55 percent of light skinned black females had been married, but only 30 percent of those with medium skin shade and 23 percent of the dark skinned females had ever been married. The ever married rate for young white women, 50 percent, is slightly less than the rate for young light skin black women, but the difference is not statistically significant. Similarly, light skinned black women are more likely to be presently married or presently on their first marriage than white women or darker skinned black women. Although, the difference is not statistically significant in comparison to white women, the gap is statistically significant in comparison to the two darker skinned black women groups. Twenty percent of light skinned black women have a child under the age of 18 but have never been married whereas 38 and 35 percent of medium and dark skinned black women have such a child and have never been married."

In our society blk men are socially conditioned to associate love, romance, courtship with light skinned females and sex with dark skinned females---a direct mimicry of racist white male tendencies.

Moreover, blk women are increasing becoming social conditioned against blk men much in the ways blk men have been conditioned against blk women.

In the future you will hear more blk women acting the same way associating blk men as good for nothing but "dikk" and associating stability and marriage with white men. Mark my words.

None of this means it's evil to recognize beauty if it happens to be in somebody light skinned. I think Brittney Renner, for instance, is gorgeous. And this chick looks unreal
c95325b31950b833caeee8ae4d984768.jpg

But little blk boys don't see chicks like this on tv.

They see
angry-black-woman-gif-3.gif

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Idk man, I just like attractive women. All that light skin/dark skin thing is for the birds.
It is and just like I've been assumed the clowns caping hardest for colorism in dating are clown dudes that said slick shyt in the past about DS women and or trying to get eprops. Don't believe me check that Gabby thread and you'll see cats in there on the I used to say stuff like this and they ones projecting the most. That guilt will eat your ass up good thing I don't have that on this topic cause I've never been on no colorism shyt. Attractive women are attractive women to me.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
Some of it is opposites attract. One of my cousins is light-skinned as fukk and he prefers dark skinned women. Most dark skinned nikkas put c00nery on it though.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
IDK, maybe.

I know I don't really care about the shade of a girl. But something that I do like in women is curly hair. Generally I see that more so in light skin girls but I really don't give a damn about their skin complexion.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Literally, probably about 10 girls I looked at had the same light skin, curly hair, tiny waist, butt, boobs — it was the same girl over and over again. So I asked them to show me the most beautiful chocolate sister they’ve seen. They say there are none. I was like, ‘Why do they get exed out so fast? What is happening in your brain that is causing you to look at these women through a prism that is distorting their actual selves?’

Sure, it's all just "preference":mjgrin:

This is literally how marketing works. As it has already been explicitly stated, everything around you from social media, books, TV, music all present a subtle, yet consistent message of the ideal standard of beauty and popularity. Product is constantly marketed, both explicitly and implicitly, as the ideal standard. Do you think they aren't doing the same thing for white folks? This shyt has been going on for centuries.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

Sure, it's all just "preference":mjgrin:

This is literally how marketing works. As it has already been explicitly stated, everything around you from social media, books, TV, music all present a subtle, yet consistent message of the ideal standard of beauty and popularity. Product is constantly marketed, both explicitly and implicitly, as the ideal standard. Do you think they aren't doing the same thing for white folks? This shyt has been going on for centuries.
Its always preference. Hell you could switch that with dark skin chick and it would be similar nikka you don't have a point