Let's talk about it.... Is it really social conditioning if men prefer light skin women?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It's not about juelzing and dismissing anything it's about hypocrisy. If women cared about colorism as much as they say they do then they'd call it out when men face it. Women just want to be able to police men, but still hold on to their own shallow standards. There's dark skin guys who get ridiculed and curved too.
This is my point in the beginning too. When Prison Bae type dudes getting swooned over I don't have a beef with it cause I'm not a bytch but at the same time don't hit dudes over the head when when women do the same shyt nobody says shyt. Breaking news you can't get every person you want damn.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It’s only social conditioning If you put darksin down or say dumb things like that rapper said about having dark babies.

I like light skinned and mix women my self preferably but I have no problem dating a dark skin woman and have no problems marrying one and wouldn’t care if my kids came out dark skin.

It’s silly to be mad at people who have a preferences unless it’s geared towards ignorance of course!
I agree it shouldn't be based towards ignorance but even if it is in the grand scheme of things who cares? People aren't going to stop believing what they do if they get clowned shamed they will just hide it most times.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Dating preferences are all social conditioning. Society tells you what is the best and what is less. Wanting a tall man is social conditioning too although women still try to use the "in ancient times, women needed 6'5 cavemen for safety" explanation :pachaha:

0512a2cf0a5b44117636a34cb6d3907d41edee-wm.jpg

:scust: but that's not social conditioning huh

And just like short dudes still get chose eventually, dark skinned women do too. Might take longer, but I still see dark skinned women pregnant and getting married to this day so they'll be aight.

Now colorism is real and when it affects getting a job or your safety and shyt, that's when it's an issue. But I'm not about fight for certain women wanting to date certain men who not choosing them :hubie: get in where you fit in when it comes to dating and relationships.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spin off from the Gab Union thread.

I say if you put 5 light skin and 5 dark skin girls in a line up, most men would take the light skin women :yeshrug:

These can be men here in America, men in another country that has no form of media, men of all ethnicities, etc. However there's a large number of white men who LOVE dark skin women, but they never get any attention. But they're out there.

I compare this to most women preferring tall men over 6 feet. In a line up the shorter dudes would get picked last. The only difference is, no one gives a fukk how men feel. Cold world.

Disclaimer: this is not a bash dark skin women thread. I know some people say we're "conditioned" and I say that's simply not true. Men just like what they like. Me personally I like em brown to light brown. But I just don't think it's a conditioning. All the most popular girls in school were usually the pretty light skin chick. Doesn't mean the other girls were ugly, just that she was the prettiest.

You aren't lying. I just hate when people pretend dark skin women are lying about their experience with that or severely down play it.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Dating preferences are all social conditioning. Society tells you what is the best and what is less. Wanting a tall man is social conditioning too although women still try to use the "in ancient times, women needed 6'5 cavemen for safety" explanation :pachaha:

And just like short dudes still get chose eventually, dark skinned women do too. Might take longer, but I still see dark skinned women pregnant and getting married to this day so they'll be aight.

Now colorism is real and when it affects getting a job or your safety and shyt, that's when it's an issue. But I'm not about fight for certain women wanting to date certain men who not choosing them :hubie: get in where you fit in when it comes to dating and relationships
Bold been my view on "colorism" regarding dating but some people try to put it on the same ticket as shyt that can affect your safety get you more time in jail and shyt. Nobody but fools falling for that okey doke. Dating wise its every person for themselves.

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe

Now colorism is real and when it affects getting a job or your safety and shyt, that's when it's an issue. But I'm not about fight for certain women wanting to date certain men who not choosing them :hubie: get in where you fit in when it comes to dating and relationships.

Colorism is reduced to dark skin women complaining not being chosen.

Theres more pressing matters with colorism like prison/jail sentences, employment, safety etc.

Dating/relationships and attraction cannot be negotiated.

generic-username

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
Can we also stop spreading the myth that White men like darker women? White men are even worst colorist when it come to dating Black women.

Ask a white man who his ideal black woman is and majority of the time it will be a "black" woman like Halle Berry, Meghan Markle or some biracial or damn near white "black" woman

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
It's not about juelzing and dismissing anything it's about hypocrisy. If women cared about colorism as much as they say they do then they'd call it out when men face it. Women just want to be able to police men, but still hold on to their own shallow standards. There's dark skin guys who get ridiculed and curved too.

giphy.gif

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Breh, ur making my point. Most of the ppl refusing to acknowledge colorism are only doing so out of spite: ie 'Double standard & hypocrisy, and it not fair men are only called out. How come no one takes up for DS men,even LS women...which are ALL legit questions:whoa: don't get me wrong. However, different argument; & doesn't negate it not existing, to begin with. When judging how 'real' something is, I take solely logical/historical approach.Any hidden 'turf war' being waged, or ground ceding to the 'opposing side':mjlol: is always 2ndary.

Colorism in dating don't exist. Just because some people say some dumb shyt and y'all can use your fingers to google a thread/janky study don't make it a real problem. Where is this 400 years of dating evidence that colorism is real because that's what we talking about being real. Folks bring in the racism part for sympathy and to shut down discussion. I'm not dating another black chick thinking about no fukking slavery in choosing her fam. Does she look good? If so regardless of complexion I'm trying to see whats what and that's most people. Just because y'all can find people saying stupid shyt don't mean its a problem. If it was it would be way more lighter blacks because folks would just be fukking lighter and lighter folks but since that isn't the case as always I think folks are exaggerating. Your turn
:ld:Hard to take this seriously as you attempt to take dating aka desiring, placing value in a woman out like it's completely disconnected from social conditioning..especially being a supposedly Black man in the U.S, questioning whether, or not the after effects of slavery still got a python-like grip on every fukkin thing we do, subconsciously included 'till this day...that's 2 dimensional thinking to me..

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Breh, ur making my point. Most of the ppl refusing to acknowledge colorism existing are only doing so out of spite: ie 'Double standard & hypocrisy, and not fair men are only called out. How come no one takes up for DS men,even LS women...which are ALL legit questions:whoa: don't get me wrong. However, different argument. Doesn't negate it not existing, to begin with When judging how 'real' something is, I take solely logical/historical approach.Any hidden 'turf war' being waged, or ground ceding to the 'opposing side':mjlol: is always 2ndary.

:ld:Hard to take this seriously as you attempt to take dating aka desiring, placing value in a woman out like it's completely disconnected from social conditioning..especially being a supposedly Black man in the U.S, questioning whether, or not the after effects of slavery still got a python-like grip on every fukkin thing we do, subconsciously included 'till this day...that's 2 dimensional thinking
Oh no not the tired I disagree with you I'm not black even though my picture is on here card. Try again nikka without the hoe like tactics. We just disagree on this issue don't mean I'm not black spare me. It has a grip on what you do and other lames around you can't speak for me. I don't have color issues that's y'all.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
White women are the most promoted women but most men would pick the sista from best man instead of the women from oceans 8.
Its not as simple as just complexion

oceans8cast-500x389.jpg

199d6ea6b1ea12b6b249b710d2759f8d.jpg

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Oh no not the tired I disagree with you I'm not black even though my picture is on here card. Try again nikka without the hoe like tactics. We just disagree on this issue don't mean I'm not black spare me. It has a grip on what you do and other lames around you can't speak for me. I don't have color issues that's y'all.
:gucci:Never questioned u Black, tf?!
I said its hard to understand how a Black person period still doesn't understand how Slavery has us still eternally fukked up mentally, and psychological, including what we view as valuable. I can easily can make that argument for at least 100 different things besides color preference