Lets put the whole "starting a business is the best/jobs are always for suckers" lie

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
You can start a business with cash from your home. Grow it a little at a time. If you profit, you set aside money to expand. If you don't see profit then you work harder on marketing your product or call it quits. It's easier to call it quits not owing a damn soul than having a bunch of loans.

When u fail,u still lose money..doesnt matter if it was your own money or a loan

Most people ask for loans or angel investments for start ups cuz they dont want to risk their own damn money..

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Lakers Offseason I don't knock my employees at all. They conformed and are content. I profit from their efforts but cherish them and pay them "handsomely" ...just doing what a capitalist does breh

@She Agree That I'm Looney Sounds like these MLM guys. I had a few approach me and try to get me to sign up :heh:

@BlackElitism Not too many brothers in Venture Capital. Black Elitism indeed :ahh:

Laced? I think you got it twisted, homie.

MOLLYWATR was created exclusively to satisfy the hydration needs of EDM fans in clubs, concerts and festivals world wide. It's ultra crisp natural spring water that’s been ozonated to insure that you get exactly what you’re looking for. Make sure to supercharge the bottle underneath a black light to enhance your visual experience. MOLLYWATR keeps the party going. Please hydrate responsibly.

If you are who you say you are, feel free to shoot me a PM and we can exchange info.

Beverages are like drugs and music. The money is in the distribution if you have that set up then I might want in or know someone who does. I've been burned in this industry before though Helix :birdman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
Not a single poster in here is monetarily rich, or will be. If you are, or were going to be, you'd be spending time doing something productive for your business instead of posting on a message board.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Problem is, you gotta INNOVATE in this day and age. Not the traditional business where you borrow over 6 figures to start a business from a bank in hope of getting rich, or the 9-5 where people are not even making ends meet anymore. The MLM you need to do is to find a hot new product that no one knows of, and market it with your time and pace.

Kobes Two Jerseys

Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
You sound like an MLM pitchman.

Nigerian - You can make 80,000 a week, working 30 minutes a day selling Molly Water! :blessed:

Potential Sucker - Great, now tell me how. :sayword:

Nigerian - It's obvious you're not cut out for this. :scusthov:

The best part is when they say, "you need $200 to start though".

Then I say, "well, since its guaranteed like you say, how about you front me the $200 start up and I'll just pay you back when I get that first check?"

They don't like that question and dip out.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not a single poster in here is monetarily rich, or will be. If you are, or were going to be, you'd be spending time doing something productive for your business instead of posting on a message board.

Sometimes the best thing you can do with your money is not spend it. If that means you stay at home and post on the coli for the free instead of going out and spending money so be it.

Spin

All Star
Daps
Believing in any one set ideology is setting yourself up for failure. Some people are cut out to be businessman and others aren't. Finding something you're good at and enjoy makes it much easier to have a successful business. At first, no one is going to believe in you. After awhile of no business, you start doubting yourself. Actually enjoying something is one of the only ways you will keep at it.

Some people actually enjoy having a boss give them orders. They like the "pressure" if you will. The burger flipper might love flipping burgers and be damn good at it. If hes happy, that's one less person we have to worry about blowing shyt up.

If you're in your ideal job/business great. If not, keep your job but try something new. If you get off at 5, you have at least 3-4 hours a day that you can find time to do something you enjoy. If you let the tube or other people take it, that's on you.

Kobes Two Jerseys

Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
Sometimes the best thing you can do with your money is not spend it. If that means you stay at home and post on the coli for the free instead of going out and spending money so be it.

"If you can count your money, you ain't got none"

Nobody here is rich is the point, even with your own business.

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
My point is, either way can work for you, and a lot of it is what you make of it. If you have it in your head that a job sucks, then you will make the job sucks. If you start a business w/nothing but the desire to not be in an office, odds are def not on your side. Most successful businesses start w/services people want or ideas that will make money. A lot of brays, like the dude below, want to start a business because their jobs make them feel inadequate + not in control of their situations. But a business won't necessarily solve that. I am just trying to tell brays its not all sweet. My pops opened a medical office that failed.... he opened + closed it in 3 months, maybe saw 3 patients in it the whole time. And he had another office that had thrived for 15 yrs.

So my point is don't believe the hype.... be honest with yourself... and don't jump off of emotion.

There are often other factors, but this is generally the single most important. Anyway, I agree with the above passage as it's a little more nuanced than your initial post. Would have been nice if you had just said this from jump street, can't think of too many folks who would argue this.

Carry on.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Beverages are like drugs and music. The money is in the distribution if you have that set up then I might want in or know someone who does. I've been burned in this industry before though Helix :birdman:
How did so many people get burned by coconut piss? How did that even sound like a good idea? When was the last time you saw people sitting down and guzzling coconut milk? :ufdup:

Don't tell me you bought into the tail end of the "super fruit" craze. :snoop:

This is water for a large group of people who need it... real bad. :stylin:

What relevance does this have to anything

Do you have to buy the right to speak on how to make money? Where is the form???
Think about it like this: You're the type of person that has MLM schemes in your social circle. In fact, that's your frame of reference for starting "your own business" and being "your own boss."

You have limited axcess and/or exposure to money and you're not bright at all. So when you speak about opportunity and money you sound really dumb.

You know that whole cliché about opinions being like @ssholes? Well, it's very applicable to you.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Is this advice?