Lets put the whole "starting a business is the best/jobs are always for suckers" lie

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Laced? I think you got it twisted, homie.

MOLLYWATR was created exclusively to satisfy the hydration needs of EDM fans in clubs, concerts and festivals world wide. It's ultra crisp natural spring water that’s been ozinated to insure that you get exactly what you’re looking for. Make sure to supercharge the bottle underneath a black light to enhance your visual experience. MOLLYWATR keeps the party going. Please hydrate responsibly.

If you are who you say you are, feel free to shoot me a PM and we can exchange info.
Ozinated isn't a word my G.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
If there's a market for it ...yup. I don't know if the FDA will approve MDMA laced beverages though
hiphop_ludacris_amused_20120419_1522668768.png

Nice save. :jawalrus:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is not necessarily something you can control. If uppong the scale of a business is easy why doesn't everyone's business grow to Google size overnight?

It's not easy but you need to be smart about what business you get into to begin with. Your bagel example is horrible ...building overhead and relying on traffic freefall is wack not to mention the crappy margins.

Again... most small businesses fail over time :ld:

I've been laid off twice ... both times I had another job in a month :yeshrug: Meanwhile I've seen businesses shut down... shyt hurts way more than losing a job because you have to put money into it to get it running. So thats 1 legit strike against businesses

Most businesses deserve to fail. I'm sick to death of meeting moronic entrepreneurs and biz-owners who play the victim card in business. Fukk outta here

Its equally impossible to earn millions from a business... most businesses fail, the ones that don't fail rarely crack a million in revenue, and much of that gets eaten up by overhead and taxes :50holmes:

It is but that didn't stop me. Thank lord for tax havens and EU corp tax laws :whoo:

If you have customers, they are your bosses, period. They are paying you for a service, you have to do what they pay you to do. And there is no HR or other protective structure for if they screw you over or try to hurt you like there is in a corporation. Strike two

Yeah but that's a risk I'm willing to take. I build and cultivate relationships with my customers so this almost never happens. If you can't afford a deal we can usually get you financing or move it to another investor. We always send little presents to our VIP list and occasionally to our regular ones too.

So in other words, you just like to have power over other people, to the point that you don't even realize how much power you give up in pursuing it. This is the emotional logic I was talking about. Anyone who starts a business just so they can boss people around is an idiot and prob won't see much success in the business world.

Wow. I don't boss anymore. I have a team of 4 people now I even call them "terminators". They essentially run my whole business from hiring, getting compliance, interviews, client acquistion etc ...everything except marketing strategies. We speak every day on conference calls just to get updates on progress and knocking back ideas. If I'm not available my PA is there to step in place. We run a tight ship and everything is policized My hiring process is pretty "extra" and only the best candidates end up working with us.

I get what you mean about human resources though. I have half the mind to move these lead gen jobs to the phillipines for pennies on the dollar :bryan:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
You sound like an MLM pitchman.

Nigerian - You can make 80,000 a week, working 30 minutes a day selling Molly Water! :blessed:

Potential Sucker - Great, now tell me how. :sayword:

Nigerian - It's obvious you're not cut out for this. :scusthov:

This post has me dying breh! Post of the year status I'm in fukking tears. :laff:

On a related note if a nikka got a vision and a plan to launch a business I can't be mad at them. The road to success is paved with failures. Just be smart at it and be adaptable to the market. Being ya own Boss is a commendable thing only on the coli do I see nikkas try to shyt and shame nikkas :snoop:

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
some people gotta be employees. If everyone was a boss society couldn't function. Nothing wrong with just wanting to be a worker. However, not everyone has that mentality. My feelings are why should I work hard to make someone else rich? Anything you can do I can too is my philospophy. Then again, both my parents are entrepaneurs so it's been instilled in me. Everyone says the econmy sucks and no one is hiring. I had trouble findng a job so I started my own company.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Back in my tennis days we had an acronym that describes that post you quoted: CLT.

C lassic
L oser
T alk

My business is going nuts. I literally have to tell people to wait for me to catch up with my demand. In less than a week I've been able to accomplish so many steps. Right now, I'm just getting everything ready to go to the SBA for my first big loan.

Being your own boss is :ahh:

Having people work for you is :ahh:

Hey breh, you should take your product on Shark Tank. :krs:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
@Cynic you are way more serious than I initially estimated, I salute you :obama:

But these dream sellers don't think or talk that far. The moment I hear shyt like "unlimited income", or sense reluctance to talk specifics, I generally know people don't know what the fukk they are talking about, or are looking to sell something..

Here is my stance, pretty much. I just figured it out. The difference between an entrepreneur and an "entrepreneur" is an entrepreneur seizes real opportunity, whereas an "entrepreneur" chases dreams. You got people talking about starting businesses w/no kind of concept of their market or business plan, or what it really takes to see a million dollars.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I like about business is having other people working 30-40 hours a week, doing exactly what I say, following my policies and answering to my PA...while I do nothing but read, workout, bullsh!t on here, travel, talk to investors, network etc....

I can even turn down their requests for a raise
hiphop_ludacris_amused_20120419_1522668768.png

Not everyone is cut out for this though. A lot of people are "workers" in a sense that they're better at doing a specific jobs where a specific skill is necessary than going out supervising, networking, etc. These people are more likely to fail when they do try to start a business because they don't have the other skills required to become successful running their own business, even though they might be great at what they do.

But without them, YOUR business would fail since every business needs workers, so I don't see the need to knock them.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Hey breh, you should take your product on Shark Tank. :krs:
That would be pretty cool. I'd tell the FUBU guy that I rocked his shyt back in the day and turn down every offer on the table and then :eat: off the exposure.

Afterwards, I'd have a real conversation with interested parties off camera, in a less hokey environment.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That would be pretty cool. I'd tell the FUBU guy that I rocked his shyt back in the day and turn down every offer on the table and then :eat: off the exposure.

Afterwards, I'd have a real conversation with interested parties off camera, in a less hokey environment.

I'm sure that shyt happens after the show.

Would be some legit exposure though just being on TV:shaq: