Lets put the whole "starting a business is the best/jobs are always for suckers" lie

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The working man really is a sucker. LOL@comparing athletes to working people. Athletes are independant contractors who work for themselves.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The working man really is a sucker. LOL@comparing athletes to working people. Athletes are independant contractors who work for themselves.

athletes are under contracts for an organization, just like workers, they can get fired from there organizations, just like workers, have a boss, just like workers, have to be up early in the am and also in office viewing important information that they have to learn, just like workers. have 401k pension, have to meet obligations and pay taxes and cannot miss a days work, and have medical and dental insurance... just like workers....

independent contractor does for others without any of the above stated or obligation for employer to cover anything listed above, so how is an athlete not a working man and an independent contractor?

They may not have working class man $$$ but they are workers for an organization.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
athletes are under contracts for an organization, just like workers, they can get fired from there organizations, just like workers, have a boss, just like workers, have to be up early in the am and also in office viewing important information that they have to learn, just like workers. have 401k pension, have to meet obligations and pay taxes and cannot miss a days work, and have medical and dental insurance... just like workers....

independent contractor does for others without any of the above stated or obligation for employer to cover anything listed above, so how is an athlete not a working man and an independent contractor?

They may not have working class man $$$ but they are workers for an organization.

Just the same a working for yourself. You may receive a contract, and even i you don't u still need clientele. Working 9-5 for hourly rate or salary is stupid.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Man that article has me angry

Theres always some $200 Primerica entrepreneur screaming about how "working is for suckers" yadda yadda

I say buying blindly into another man's ideology or running away from something because you are unable to admit why you failed at it is the real sucker move

Theres always the same lies told

"At a job your income is limited" no dikkface. You can still have side gigs. You can still have investments. Within the job, many people get promoted over time. If you are good at what you do you can get promotions, and if theres no room to grow in the company if you are valuable you can always leave for higher pay.

"You are just making the next man rich" yes and building your own wealth in the process. You take a worker whose salary is $100K or an "entrepreneur" who made $50K. At the end of the year who has more money???

"When you start a business you are your own boss" Maybe but probably not. Really when you start a business, odds are your customers become your bosses. So you scramble to get business from these motherfukkers, only to have to relearn and adapt to their quirks and issues over and over again, whereas with 1 boss you build a relationship and keep pushing

"Your company can get rid of you at any moment" Most businesses fail. At least if I get fired all I lose is a paycheck. If my business goes under I can lose everything I invested into it as well, and all the people working for me lose their means as well

I am not saying starting a business is all bad. I am trying to do it myself :pachaha: But you have to have a plan + idea. If you want to start a business because you hate your job, :stop: and ask yourself WHY you hate your job and what you can do to make it better. Quitting a corporate gig to sell Italian Ices because your boss annoyed you once is the height of stupidity :mindblown: You need to have a plan, which a business OR a job can be a part of

And no matter what you do, if you're lazy and unable to accept responsibility, you will fail, "entrepreneur" or not

:birdman:

1) You come off as real angry, not sure why :manny:

2) Primerica entrepreneurs are not really entrepreneurs IMHO. They're commission based workers

3) Once you get a job you are there. Take it from a guy who started his corporate internship at 18 straight out of high school. I wouldn't trade the last 10 years of my life even for $200K/yr.

No jobs are not for suckers. Any man who is tryin' to survive and put food on his family's plate is not a sucker, but :heh: if you think having a job in any way shape or form is better than being on your own hustle. Let's say you get a job making $50K a year, and I open a cornerstore and I'm making $50K a year. Let's say it took me 2 years to get profitable. In six years, I can sell that business for $200K cash (4 years net) and do something else. In six years, you got a raise to $65K/year :heh: capitalism > employment. Making money however little it is, is better than trading your time for dollars. Using my example, even if the little corner store was netting 40K/year, and you were making 80K, the point you will still have to work after those 6 years is up, while the guy who sold his business can open a bigger business.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
I started my own business and it's the best decision I've ever made. It's not easy, though.

I can't keep up with demand.

But you have no product doe :ohhh: ? Was this before or after the fat white women struggle twerk vids? :c00nj:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
1) You come off as real angry, not sure why :manny:

2) Primerica entrepreneurs are not really entrepreneurs IMHO. They're commission based workers

3) Once you get a job you are there. Take it from a guy who started his corporate internship at 18 straight out of high school. I wouldn't trade the last 10 years of my life even for $200K/yr.

No jobs are not for suckers. Any man who is tryin' to survive and put food on his family's plate is not a sucker, but :heh: if you think having a job in any way shape or form is better than being on your own hustle. Let's say you get a job making $50K a year, and I open a cornerstore and I'm making $50K a year. Let's say it took me 2 years to get profitable. In six years, I can sell that business for $200K cash (4 years net) and do something else. In six years, you got a raise to $65K/year :heh: capitalism > employment. Making money however little it is, is better than trading your time for dollars. Using my example, even if the little corner store was netting 40K/year, and you were making 80K, the point you will still have to work after those 6 years is up, while the guy who sold his business can open a bigger business.

u make it sound like that corner store guy can easily sell that business tho. its not that cut and dry