Let's be real about gaming this gen.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just give it up. This is what happens when casual people praise Sony for any little thing, whom they stolen from others and claim its "innovation", when Nintendo is the very living thing that they dream of.

Been like this since SOHH and people dikkriding the PS3 when that gen went to 360. That is why innovation is damn near a fable now, and why longtime gamers left the industry. Why else did Japan straight up abandon the hardcore console whore race, and went for The Switch?
Sony's success seems to just break some of you dudes. :mjlol:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
We're lowkey in another golden age of gaming if you ask me. Just because the generation is taking long to start doesn't mean we haven't gotten great games these last couple years.

I remember last gen was slow until Witcher 3 / UC4 / Bloodborne.

Nah we are in the age of data. Everything is homogenized to the point maximizing returns. The of era of true innovation and creativity like JSRF, Katamari Damacy, & Viewtiful Joe is dead. Now indie devs are just cashing in on your nostalgia.

You’re hand is now held through games, you don’t think for yourself, and narratives are written by failed movie/comic book writers.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You just realized? He’s a bigger stan than court
I seriously think he is. Dude is fukked beyond words :huhldup: . So much of a stan, you can't even enjoy games on a certain platform because of your bias.

Hell, at least with @PS5 I know it's just a bunch of tom foolery but at the end of the day, Court was actually rocking with some of us brehs on PSN back in the days on Uncharted 2, Killzone 3 etc back when we were on Project Covo.

Like, as much as I think Phil Spencer is a corporate cuck just playing it up for PR and that Xbox for me is useless as a console I still can enjoy things on there. I borrowed a Xbox One from my cuz to play Sunset Overdrive when it came out. I always enjoyed Gears, Halo, and to an extent Forza Horizon. I just now don't even need a console from them since these games release day 1 on PC and there's such a dearth in releases it's not even worth comparing to PS.

This guy The Mid Titan though? Dude convinces himself that almost every game or anything Sony adjacent isn't actually good and can't give any props to em at all! Dude will spin and "movie game, shallow mechanics, cinematic" talk your ass to sleep.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I seriously think he is. Dude is fukked beyond words :huhldup: . So much of a stan, you can't even enjoy games on a certain platform because of your bias.

Hell, at least with @PS5 I know it's just a bunch of tom foolery but at the end of the day, Court was actually rocking with some of us brehs on PSN back in the days on Uncharted 2, Killzone 3 etc back when we were on Project Covo.

Like, as much as I think Phil Spencer is a corporate cuck just playing it up for PR and that Xbox for me is useless as a console I still can enjoy things on there. I borrowed a Xbox One from my cuz to play Sunset Overdrive when it came out. I always enjoyed Gears, Halo, and to an extent Forza Horizon. I just now don't even need a console from them since these games release day 1 on PC and there's such a dearth in releases it's not even worth comparing to PS.

This guy The Mid Titan though? Dude convinces himself that almost every game or anything Sony adjacent isn't actually good and can't give any props to em at all! Dude will spin and "movie game, shallow mechanics, cinematic" talk your ass to sleep.
:mjlol:
Sony stans and there overlord @Gizmo_Duck actually live in there own reality.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:
Sony stans and there overlord @Gizmo_Duck actually live in there own reality.
Nah, I'm good over here breh. I actually enjoy games and don't have to use pseudology to explain why coincidentally games from a specific Japanese company or it's developers aren't somehow good the majority of the time.

It's insane.

If for example someone who supposedly loves platformers, first-person shooters, third-person shooters, and racing games couldn't stop gushing about Gran Turismo, Driveclub, Modnation Racers, Crash Bandicoot(1~3 from Naughty Dog), LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Resistance and Killzone somehow dislikes and finds the most miniscule things in Halo, Gears, Forza, Super Mario, and Mario Kart to complain about that detracts the game in their eyes, you'd take their opinions seriously?

That's pretty much how you are. You somehow try to convince us that people who like these games are somehow not "true gamers" or that they just are a type of gamer who likes this (perceived negative thing) in the games. The amount of times I see dumbasses barking about how God of War or TLOU is a movie game and it's just pretty graphics with no depth is mind-boggling. When you use their logic back on them, they just claim the games are boring and that they essentially play themselves which isn't even true at all. Just comes off as pure haters imo.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I'm good over here breh. I actually enjoy games and don't have to use pseudology to explain why coincidentally games from a specific Japanese company or it's developers aren't somehow good the majority of the time.

It's insane.

If for example someone who supposedly loves platformers, first-person shooters, third-person shooters, and racing games couldn't stop gushing about Gran Turismo, Driveclub, Modnation Racers, Crash Bandicoot(1~3 from Naughty Dog), LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Resistance and Killzone somehow dislikes and finds the most miniscule things in Halo, Gears, Forza, Super Mario, and Mario Kart to complain about that detracts the game in their eyes, you'd take their opinions seriously?

That's pretty much how you are. You somehow try to convince us that people who like these games are somehow not "true gamers" or that they just are a type of gamer who likes this (perceived negative thing) in the games. The amount of times I see dumbasses barking about how God of War or TLOU is a movie game and it's just pretty graphics with no depth is mind-boggling. When you use their logic back on them, they just claim the games are boring and that they essentially play themselves which isn't even true at all. Just comes off as pure haters imo.

If that's how you feel breh, that's how you feel. It says more about y'all than me.

The fact that you can only bring up TLOU2 and Gow rag for examples should tell you all you need to know.

Y'all don't like any type of criticism over the games you play from Sony, but will talk discuss and critique everything else without biting your tongue.

The best part is the big cinematic games that I do talk about I don't discuss until after the game is released and I've given it a fair shake.

On top of that my feelings are echoed by tons of people, I'm just not blinded by fandom and speak up front and y'all don't like it.

Sony literally has some of my favorite games of all time, but y'all ignore that over and over again legit only thing that sticks in y'all mind is the critiques or what I don't like. Not what I do like.

So that's on yall breh breh

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

It's insane.

Yeah, the worst part about it is he doesn’t even realize it

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I feel like the Switch and Steam Deck are awesome devices. Sure technically speaking we had the Vita but Sony just let it die.

The Switch and Steam Deck both offer an amazing experience for a different target audience. Switch for casuals and Steam Deck for the hardcore crowd.

I get more people here just want to play on the strongest hardware that they can play on. I am interested how far the hybrid and handheld market can continue to grow.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
What were the last big innovations in gaming last gen?
I can think of:

quick resume
Game Pass
Battle Royale games.

I'm assuming that was only possible through computing and memory upgrades.

We're at a level of diminished returns. Playing games now is an amazing feat but it's tough to appreciate how good it really is
It really isn't if your aren't a pompeus, pretentious piece of shyt with no matter of perspective. What's tough tho is finding people this day in age that aren't just that tho.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
So much games they could bring back if they want to go that route

Socom(Can you imagine this next gen with a squad???)

An open world cop game where you could be clean or dirty

Had a dream video game Where you start off in a third world country with no shoes and you make your way up to be a successful business man.

First weapon is a stick to rob people then eventually you get a gun when people aren’t scared of the stick. You get a trip to america where you continue.

It would be a mix between shottas/Scarface and fable you see the protagonist grow from a teen to an adult

We have the technology! :mjcry:
Ayo that would be a dope ass game :ohhh:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
You dudes just say anything lol. Sony stangnating gaming? Sony's Media Molecule came out with this incredible game(Dreams) that's producing shyt like this. Had this been a Nintendo game you'd be preaching about how Nintendo is moving the industry forward.

"SoNy AlL aBoUT GrAphICS!"

How have I not heard of this :ohhh:

You can create your own games with this? :ohhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How have I not heard of this :ohhh:

You can create your own games with this? :ohhh:

Its actually pretty dope, even the ready-made games on there are good. Theres a free trial if you want to try it