Let's be real about gaming this gen.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Just give it up. This is what happens when casual people praise Sony for any little thing, whom they stolen from others and claim its "innovation", when Nintendo is the very living thing that they dream of.

Been like this since SOHH and people dikkriding the PS3 when that gen went to 360.

I don't know why but this post sparked the memory of this video in my mind.

It's kind of crazy how up and down things were/are with how this all shook out.

Daps
We'll get the next level games like 3 years from now. Which is way too late in the gen for anything.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO

The covid pandemic plays a huge part in this gen.

- covid pandemic
-scalper bots
- streamers (people rather watching them play :snoop:)
- remake games
- no real competition cause Xbox has no games.
-GamePass (You already played old games from last gen, 360, Xbox Original)

It seems nobody cares about VR. Remmy everybody wishes to play in VR gaming back then on some "what if", "can you imagine", etc. The dream came true, got their wish but it seems not many people are excited about VR :mindblown:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
IMO

The covid pandemic plays a huge part in this gen.

- covid pandemic
-scalper bots
- streamers (people rather watching them play :snoop:)
- remake games
- no real competition cause Xbox has no games.
-GamePass (You already played old games from last gen, 360, Xbox Original)

It seems nobody cares about VR. Remmy everybody wishes to play in VR gaming back then on some "what if", "can you imagine", etc. The dream came true, got their wish but it seems not many people are excited about VR :mindblown:
Yeah, that's what I said earlier. The effects of the pandemic were so rampant and variable that it rolled into pretty much everything.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
U know, I was just thinking to myself that recent games have little to no story behind them. U either got your open world, fps/multiplayer, or your graphically enhanced button smashers.
I’ve been noticing the older I get the less story matters to me. I don’t think anything in my current rotation is story heavy outside of the occasional time I boot up cyberpunk

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I’ve been noticing the older I get the less story matters to me. I don’t think anything in my current rotation is story heavy outside of the occasional time I boot up cyberpunk

Been the opposite for me. The older I get, the more story matters. The same old open world or button smashing games with great graphics is a snooze fest for me. Now if I can get both in one game, that'd be perfect.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ironically I’m experiencing a huge lull in gaming…it’s not just reflective of this gen tho, just have found myself bored with gaming in general…think it’s more so just me…last year was a really fun year for me in gaming…I think the pandemic and me self-quarantining played a big role in that