Let's be real about gaming this gen.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Probably some of the most pretentious shyt I seen. Its like when music critics look down on trap or street rappers.

Sometimes, credible critics are needed to give artists to raise QUALITY in their product, after spending years in stagnation. Both music and video games.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
This is what Im talking about. This game from back in 2005 had so much care, love and attention put into it that so many games did back then. And this was Neversoft, the guys who made Tony Hawk games.

Like I said, when games were a little simpler and we had more studios, we got way more games and quality ones at that.

Watching that video with the cast doing their thing reminds me so much of Saints Row in the beginning. Just a bunch of talented actors putting themselves into projects to make them amazing.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This is what Im talking about. This game from back in 2005 had so much care, love and attention put into it that so many games did back then. And this was Neversoft, the guys who made Tony Hawk games.

Like I said, when games were a little simpler and we had more studios, we got way more games and quality ones at that.

Watching that video with the cast doing their thing reminds me so much of Saints Row in the beginning. Just a bunch of talented actors putting themselves into projects to make them amazing.

Yep.

The GC/PS2/X Box gen had tons of gems. In terms of variety and originality and passion in development, it was the pinnacle of 3D gaming originality.