Lestans according to the stats Luka is better than Bron was his first 100 games

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The EXACT year that Pippen was a #1 option averaging 22ppg was '93/'94 and the pace that year was 95.1. In fact, that pace of 1994 is slightly CLOSER to 2019's pace of 100 than it is to 2004's pace of 90.1. That how backwards y'all have this shyt.

The pace never hit 95 again until 2016. Yes, the pace is 100 now. But 100 is only about 5% more than 95. You know what adding 5% more to 22ppg gives you? It gives you....wait for it....23.4ppg. Claiming that Pippen would have an automatic 27-28ppg give because the pace is 5% higher was just stupid. People who claimed that don't know shyt about basic math.

And yes, the pace was slower in 1996-98, but Pippen only averaged 19-20ppg those years and that's even with the 3pt line moved in (he shot 37% from three those three years even though he was a 31% shooter the rest of his career). So you still have no justification for jumping all the way up to 27-28ppg. That would be damn near 33% more scoring than he was actually producing.

And that's before you even get into the other points we were making, like the talent dilution due to SIX new expansion teams being added or the fact that teams weren't even regularly challenging jump shots yet and usually didn't guard the three at all. But y'all keep wanting to ignore context every time.

I definitely agree that the heavier minutes played before this era can have an effect too. LeBron played half his career in the high-minutes era and half in the lower-minutes era, and his numbers reflect that.

:ohhh: Everyone else notice how this post is so different from his other posts in this thread regarding Luka vs LeBron?

When you wanna knock down the argument that Pippen could average 40ppg in this era you had no problem doing what you typically do which is post a whole bunch of stats and arguments based on extrapolating those numbers to counter that point. But you haven't done that at all when it comes to Luka being better than LeBron at the same age. All have done thus far with that argument is juelz your way with eye test talking points about who their teammates are.

This is why I have no respect for you. If you stayed consistent and did what you always do and went by the numbers, you would argue 20 year old Luka is better than 20 year old LeBron. But no. You actually don't really think stats are an objective measure of basketball ability. You just have an obsession with LeBron and will make whatever argument you can to support your apriori opinion of his greatness. This is what separates me from you. I am CONSISTENT. Nobody on this site can say I contradict myself the way you have contradicted yourself thus far when it comes to Luka vs LeBron. I always go by the eye test. I never give a shyt about stats. Doesn't matter the sport. Doesn't matter the player. I'm not even a LeBron fan. If I was like you I would be in here arguing Luka is better and shoving these analytics down your throat. But I don't believe Luka is better cause I use the eye test. I'm consistent. I saw 20 year old LeBron play and he was light years better than Luka could ever dream of becoming. So I say that. I don't allow my feelings of who I like and who I don't like to change my philosophy on how I look at things. I just call em like I see em.

Stop discussing basketball ever again. You exposed yourself as a fraud in this thread.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good for him. If he’s better than Lebron, that means he should be held to the same standards as Lebron:mjgrin:
The absurdly high standards of being considered a GOAT contender despite losing records against all his major Finals rivals. Letting nikkas get titles and Finals MVPs at his expense.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Why are you always sneaky and manipulative in your posts? You know good and well there is no statistical argument in favor of LeBron versus Luka at the same age (even taking pace into account). If there were you would have actually posted them already. But you haven't because you know there isn't. So rather than admitting that you instead try to trick and manipulate people with this post here talking about pace when anybody who knows anything about analytics knows there are several advanced stats that do take pace into account. You didn't post those advanced stats because you know they don't favor LeBron either.

The only arguments that can be made in Bron's favor are those made using the eye test. But you don't wanna admit that because you spent a lifetime arguing against that sort of logic when trying to claim LeBron is better than Kobe. Now you don't know how to act when inferior players like Luka come along and start demolishing all those statistical accomplishments you tried to use when touting Bron.

You know PER (player efficiency rating) takes pace into account. And the gap between LeBron and Luka thru their first 2 years according to PER is even larger the gap when just looking at normal box score stats (mainly cause young LeBron played way more minutes than Luka). Here are the stats you are trying to hide:

LeBron's PER as a 19 year old rookie: 18.3
Luka's PER as a 19 year old rookie: 19.6

LeBron's PER as a 20 year old 2nd year player: 25.7
Luka's PER as a 20 year old 2nd year player: 31.5

In fact, Luka's PER so far this season is higher than all but 2 of LeBron's highest PER seasons ever (and LeBron was barely higher in those 2 peak years). So statistically speaking you could say Luka is RIGHT NOW playing as good as LeBron has EVER played in his career.

You told us to look at the numbers. And the advanced stats are saying that Luka is WAY BETTER than LeBron was at the same age and as good right now as LeBron did in his peak.
mios dios

surgical :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Rhakim will argue the sky is red today and blue tomorrow for bron

The definition of a good bottom bytch:mjlol:

100% truth.

If he was consistent he would be in here arguing Luka is better than LeBron cause all the stats say that. He spent years posting on this site using stats to justify all his basketball talking points. But now all of a sudden he's Mr. Eye Test talking to us about who LeBron's teammates were.

I actually have no problem with analytics nerds IF THEY ARE CONSISTENT. What I have a problem with is clowns like this dude that will ignore those same analytics when they go against his apriori beliefs regarding LeBron. Giannis and Luka are out here smashing all of LeBron's stats (pace adjusted) and rather than admitting that he's in here talking in circles about irrelevant shyt.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, the stats are there, so you're right.

Buuuuutttt, you also didn't consider that one jumped straight into the league out of High School, as opposed to the other being in the 2nd best league in the world for years prior:umad:.

Luka essentially was given the Euro soccer option of being built into a pro, while LeBron had to learn to be one.

Edit: Even then, I think Luka's scoring isn't going to balloon like LBJ's did from 04-09. Bron averaged like 28 in that span:wow:.

Irrelevant cause they both entered the league at roughly same age. LeBron turned 19 during Dec. 30th of his rookie season while Luka turned 19 during Feb. of his rookie season. That essentially a 1.5 month age difference.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: Everyone else notice how this post is so different from his other posts in this thread regarding Luka vs LeBron?

When you wanna knock down the argument that Pippen could average 40ppg in this era you had no problem doing what you typically do which is post a whole bunch of stats and arguments based on extrapolating those numbers to counter that point. But you haven't done that at all when it comes to Luka being better than LeBron at the same age. All have done thus far with that argument is juelz your way with eye test talking points about who their teammates are.

This is why I have no respect for you. If you stayed consistent and did what you always do and went by the numbers, you would argue 20 year old Luka is better than 20 year old LeBron. But no. You actually don't really think stats are an objective measure of basketball ability. You just have an obsession with LeBron and will make whatever argument you can to support your apriori opinion of his greatness. This is what separates me from you. I am CONSISTENT. Nobody on this site can say I contradict myself the way you have contradicted yourself thus far when it comes to Luka vs LeBron. I always go by the eye test. I never give a shyt about stats. Doesn't matter the sport. Doesn't matter the player. I'm not even a LeBron fan. If I was like you I would be in here arguing Luka is better and shoving these analytics down your throat. But I don't believe Luka is better cause I use the eye test. I'm consistent. I saw 20 year old LeBron play and he was light years better than Luka could ever dream of becoming. So I say that. I don't allow my feelings of who I like and who I don't like to change my philosophy on how I look at things. I just call em like I see em.

Stop discussing basketball ever again. You exposed yourself as a fraud in this thread.

wow :wow:

Swag should've been unbanned when WOAT voting was going on, he would've made the case for Rhakim better than anybody :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup until his recent injury Luka was going back and forth between having the best and 2nd best PER of ALL TIME...and it wasn’t against Wilt or Jordan or Lebron, it was against Giannis this season (who last time I checked was still the highest in NBA history at this very moment)...according to advanced stats Luka is pretty much the GOAT, giving him the nod over Giannis because it’s only his 2nd/year 20 season :mjlol:

what makes the bullshyt Dankster is pulling so hilarious is like you said, we KNOW he knows all this shyt...was just in threads barely a week ago making the opposite argument...and is in here crying about pace and the greatness of Seth Curry and fukking Tim Hardaway Jr as teammates :russ::russ::russ:

Exactly. I would have way more respect for him if he stayed consistent. But all this proves is he doesn't really give a damn about advanced stats or being objective. He just has a man crush on LeBron and will say whatever he has to argue LeBron is the best stats be damned.

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
The absurdly high standards of being considered a GOAT contender despite losing records against all his major Finals rivals. Letting nikkas get titles and Finals MVPs at his expense.
Great. So if he's better than Lebron, which this thread implies, then I look forward to Luka winning more titles, league MVPs and Finals MVPs than Lebron. Gonna be fun to watch:mjgrin:

Daps

mary-with-her-foot-on-deans-neck-by-kissabledeanw.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
yet the moment Lebron gets involved all that shyt goes out the window and you’re arguing the opposite and the first words out your mouth are “bu bu bu pace :damn:“....never mind the fact that the difference in pace is closer with rookie bron/luka (+9) than pip/harden (+12) and the same with difference in mpg
This is why arguments with y'all are so annoying, you constantly misrepresent shyt.

I never claimed LeBron's ppg would go up by 5-6 easy in this era due to pace alone. The difference in pace between 2004 and 2019 would only account for a couple points. Y'all make wild exaggerated claims like that every time around, you never catch me making those wild exaggerations because the evidence doesn't support them.

There's actually a decent handful of players in harden’s position...not all of them play his specific horrible brand of it, but there’s a bunch of guys dominating the ball being both the primary distributor and scorer...what we’ve called bron ball over the years, I’ve seen the cac analytic types start calling it the “heliocentric” offense ...bron, obviously...Luka, Giannis, Trae, thunder post-Durant Russ, etc all play a form of it...it’s something that is not specific to harden and that is heavily a part of this era...
But you weren't using Harden's example of ball dominance, you were using his pace, and Giannis is the only other one of the players you mentioned who is playing at that league-leading pace. Again, you can't say, "If Scottie played in this era he would" when you're actually only talking about what 2 guys in this era are doing. You can't automatically give him the highest pace in the entire NBA.

I wouldn’t put playing like Harden on my worst enemy, as I’m of the opinion that he doesn’t play winning basketball...no one was saying pip would need to take 15 3s a game...Pippen’s point was that he could average 40 if he hogged the ball and controlled every play like harden does...which everyone agrees is ridiculous...but in a high pace league where point wings like Pippen are allowed insane usage, rules changed to facilitate scoring, and wide open spacing due the death of post play...Pippen would see a significant jump in his scoring numbers...in that instance you retroactively constructed every excuse imaginable as to why it’d be impossible for a great player like pip to see his stats inflated in this era...
But he wouldn't, because damn near everything you say doesn't apply to Pippen and you ignore the shyt that DOES apply.

Spacing isn't "wide open" now compared to the 1990s. Back then players actually had to play on their man or they'd get called for illegal defense. You couldn't hedge towards scorers, you couldn't fill passing lanes, you couldn't shift other guys to cut off the drive. You either had to guard your man or commit to the double-team (leaving your man wide open). Add in the fact that players of that era weren't taught to switch constantly on drives (nor did teams have the personnel to do it), and what you actually had in the 1990s was defenders constantly getting clumped in one part of the floor while other parts were wide open. And if a guy got cooked on iso or in the post, he was cooked, he didn't have guys hedging over to help.

Defensive spacing is MUCH better now than it was in the 1990s. Things have only opened up recently in comparison to 2004-2015 or so, when illegal defense became legal and zones were allowed but teams hadn't filled the court with three-point shooters to match. Probably the worst period was 2010-2014, when teams like the Spurs, Mavs, Bulls, and Heat had developed really intelligent zone defenses that swarmed everywhere and really took away the other team's best options.

Add in that Scottie played in the triangle, one of the most open offenses of his era, and add in that Scottie relied a lot on his post game, which is the part of the game that's died the most (because it's relatively inefficient and takes time, making it too easy for players to slide over to harass the posting player and then slide back to their guy), and you don't have any evidence that anything Scottie did well would actually be easier to do today.

Y'all keep saying these dumb platitudes "The rules facilitate scoring now!" but you don't know how to apply them, because they're just platitudes. When we talk about the actual shyt that's true (how the 3pt line was moved in during Pippen's era because shooting was so bad, how talent was diluted by 6 expansion teams, how jump shots and threes weren't being challenging by defenders, how fast breaks were much more common, how zone defenses were illegal), you ignore ALL that shyt.

...the best defense in the universe that exist back then (or let me guess, they started defending jump shots in exactly 2004 lol) ... where those arguments in this thread at???
:jbhmm:
No, the defense of jump shots was a gradual progression but you saw the biggest leap in the late 1990s and early 2000s, well before LeBron's time. TBH Kobe was hurt more than LeBron by that cause his era matches up with the clampdown of defenses a lot more precisely.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why do I have an entire page of the thread that's basically empty? :dahell:

Let me guess, All-Caps the pedophile defender, his best buddy from the valley, and the guy who called himself Monkey Boy came and shyt all over it. :mjlol:

Did the pedophile himself get unbanned as well? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Hope y'all had fun reading the WOAT posters on the forum talk about shyt they know nothing about. :scust:

Kimo_bud

Banned
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Cacs would be so happy if this cac was better than Lebron or Jordan :mjlol: nikkas would stop liking basketball if this euro won championships and dominated:umad: I know I would be :mjlol: