Lestans according to the stats Luka is better than Bron was his first 100 games

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Except you know full well no one was arguing the bolded, the actual conversation was a direct comparison to pippen and harden (their actual difference in pace was 12 possessions per gsme...Pippen also averaged 21.5 the 2nd year Jordan was out when avg pace was 92)...and that doing a direct correlation to percent changes in pace and ppg, ignoring style of play and officiating (both of which weigh massively towards the offensive output of duo primary initiators/scorers) is stupid, and again wasn't argued by any one in that thread....you ultimately gave up proving that Pip could average 4 extra points a game if given an unlimited green light and extra 12 possessions with math like basketball is SAT math question, and just flat out said he'd see absolutely 0 statistical improvement because the defense now is so much better...your narratives and delineations between eras not consistent homie
Even a 10% difference in pace is only 2.2 more points. And no one should say "in this era" if what they actually mean is "in Harden's exact position" because no one else in this era gets to play in Harden's position either. That's how disingenuous this shyt is.

Not to mention that Pippen COULDN'T do what Harden does because their games are nothing alike. Y'all kept trying to turn Pip into a 3pt shooter when he always sucked from normal NBA range, even back when they weren't guarded, and you want him taking a bunch of off-the-dribble and step back threes from well behind the line every game?

The whole conversation was a bunch of y'all just waving your hands around with platitudes and generalizations while completely ignoring the actual numbers and the actual plays it would take to get those numbers.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I mean, the stats are there, so you're right.

Buuuuutttt, you also didn't consider that one jumped straight into the league out of High School, as opposed to the other being in the 2nd best league in the world for years prior:umad:.

Luka essentially was given the Euro soccer option of being built into a pro, while LeBron had to learn to be one.

Edit: Even then, I think Luka's scoring isn't going to balloon like LBJ's did from 04-09. Bron averaged like 28 in that span:wow:.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Basketball discussions on here are just stan wars. I don't understand how people can argue the same thing day after day.
Exactly. Isnt this shyt boring by now?

a lot of these dudes are mirror Trump supporters. Its all about the reaction of the supposed other side.

basketball talks in here are utter trash

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Exactly. Isnt this shyt boring by now?

a lot of these dudes are mirror Trump supporters. Its all about the reaction of the supposed other side.

basketball talks in here are utter trash
I don't understand how people can argue about the same shyt every day. WOAT Take and Skip Bayless definitely deserve blame. Nothing but hot takes and recycled topics. You damn sure don't see this stan wars shyt with the NFL or even MLB. Media coverage of basketball is at an all time low as well. Nothing but chatty patty nonsense.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:troll:

news_lebron-james-check-my-stats-1.jpg

Cyber

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Buuuuutttt, you also didn't consider that one jumped straight into the league out of High School, as opposed to the other being in the 2nd best league in the world for years prior:umad:.

Luka essentially was given the Euro soccer option of being built into a pro, while LeBron had to learn to be one.
Since Doncic was already a pro at age 16 that would actually be to his advantage, it implies that he's been better than LeBron at every single age range

Many teenage rookies this century had the greenlight to put up somewhat empty numbers because guys like Kobe and Tmac helped pave the way, but when they came to the league things were much different and they weren't given that opportunity. Let's not penalize Doncic for being good enough to lead a professional team to both a domestic title and a EuroLeague title

Game evolves, players are bigger, faster, stronger, and no player better exemplifies that more than Luka Doncic

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Since Doncic was already a pro at age 16 that would actually be to his advantage, it implies that he's been better than LeBron at every single age range

Many teenage rookies this century had the greenlight to put up somewhat empty numbers because guys like Kobe and Tmac helped pave the way, but when they came to the league things were much different and they weren't given that opportunity. Let's not penalize Doncic for being good enough to lead a professional team to both a domestic title and a EuroLeague title

Game evolves, players are bigger, faster, stronger, and no player better exemplifies that more than Luka Doncic
How? I'm not seeing what you're getting at because LeBron could've played there at the same age as well.

American High Schoolers going overseas to play was practically unheard of back in the day.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I mean, the stats are there, so you're right.

Edit: Even then, I think Luka's scoring isn't going to balloon like LBJ's did from 04-09. Bron averaged like 28 in that span:wow:.

:dahell:LUKA IS ALREADY AVERAGING 29.

:devil:
:evil:

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
LeGBT mad because all their talking points are getting exposed. Bron really deserves a more solid stanbase :mjcry:
Have you considered asking yourself how does this change the fact that Bron is the superior player to Kobe?

let’s extend that question to all you Kobe stans who discuss Bron more than Bron stans :russ:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Even a 10% difference in pace is only 2.2 more points. And no one should say "in this era" if what they actually mean is "in Harden's exact position" because no one else in this era gets to play in Harden's position either. That's how disingenuous this shyt is.

There's actually a decent handful of players in harden’s position...not all of them play his specific horrible brand of it, but there’s a bunch of guys dominating the ball being both the primary distributor and scorer...what we’ve called bron ball over the years, I’ve seen the cac analytic types start calling it the “heliocentric” offense ...bron, obviously...Luka, Giannis, Trae, thunder post-Durant Russ, etc all play a form of it...it’s something that is not specific to harden and that is heavily a part of this era...

Not to mention that Pippen COULDN'T do what Harden does because their games are nothing alike. Y'all kept trying to turn Pip into a 3pt shooter when he always sucked from normal NBA range, even back when they weren't guarded, and you want him taking a bunch of off-the-dribble and step back threes from well behind the line every game?

I wouldn’t put playing like Harden on my worst enemy, as I’m of the opinion that he doesn’t play winning basketball...no one was saying pip would need to take 15 3s a game...Pippen’s point was that he could average 40 if he hogged the ball and controlled every play like harden does...which everyone agrees is ridiculous...but in a high pace league where point wings like Pippen are allowed insane usage, rules changed to facilitate scoring, and wide open spacing due the death of post play...Pippen would see a significant jump in his scoring numbers...in that instance you retroactively constructed every excuse imaginable as to why it’d be impossible for a great player like pip to see his stats inflated in this era...yet the moment Lebron gets involved all that shyt goes out the window and you’re arguing the opposite and the first words out your mouth are “bu bu bu pace :damn:“....never mind the fact that the difference in pace is closer with rookie bron/luka (+9) than pip/harden (+12) and the same with difference in mpg...the best defense in the universe that exist back then (or let me guess, they started defending jump shots in exactly 2004 lol) ... where those arguments in this thread at???
:jbhmm:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Compare stats from the worst era in terms of pace and space to the best era in terms of pace and space, brehs

Watch basketball for a decade plus and not understand what goes on on the hardwood, brehs

didn't @CHICAGO call you the LeGBT CAPO???? :mjlol:

that shyt still funny as shyt fam, I'm sorry :laff: