Leonardo DiCaprio /Tom Hardy 'The Revenant' (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
TheRevenant_Poster.jpg

What does the N. stand for?
Noun.....

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
That is a brutal ass movie.

It's quite an achievement and damned entertaining.....but it's so obviously TRYING to be an epic movie. I know, I know....most movies are trying to be great, but The Revenant's trying is just so damn apparent. You can feel the earnestness through the screen. Leo is acting sooooo hard it's uncomfortable at times. And EVERY SHOT is trying to be THAT SHOT. It's OK to set the camera down once in awhile and let shyt breathe. It's an obsessively gorgeous film though....maybe too much so.

Sidenote, had some clowns behind me literally snickering and giggling at the most violent and wild moments. When Leo cauterized his own neck, they laughed and joked like "why don't you try that sometime Josh hahah" :what: I hate people.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's quite an achievement and damned entertaining.....but it's so obviously TRYING to be an epic movie. I know, I know....most movies are trying to be great, but The Revenant's trying is just so damn apparent. You can feel the earnestness through the screen. Leo is acting sooooo hard it's uncomfortable at times. And EVERY SHOT is trying to be THAT SHOT. It's OK to set the camera down once in awhile and let shyt breathe. It's an obsessively gorgeous film though....maybe too much so.

Sidenote, had some clowns behind me literally snickering and giggling at the most violent and wild moments. When Leo cauterized his own neck, they laughed and joked like "why don't you try that sometime Josh hahah" :what: I hate people.

Shyt was so crazy i kinda laughed at some parts tho, like how far can this shyt go :damn:

Honestly if Leo dont win the oscar with this one its a wrap

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Saw this last night. It didn't disappoint. There was a lot of dope scenes, but the one where Leo is floating down that river with arrows whizzing by his head is underrated.
Man how cold was it suppose to be in the movie ? :patrice: cuz Leo was in the damn water a lot....only time it looked like he was about to freeze to death was when he made a sleeping bag out of the dead horse....my hands and ears damn near frozen out here in Maryland with 3 layers on and dry ....if I was in those elements in the movie, I woulda froze to death in 24 hours if a speck of water touched me :mjcry:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Man how cold was it suppose to be in the movie ? :patrice: cuz Leo was in the damn water a lot....only time it looked like he was about to freeze to death was when he made a sleeping bag out of the dead horse....my hands and ears damn near frozen out here in Maryland with 3 layers on and dry ....if I was in those elements in the movie, I woulda froze to death in 24 hours if a speck of water touched me :mjcry:
They're also used to being out in the elements, skin actually changes when routinely exposed to cold weather. They also have real pelts and shyt didn't they skin the bear and make ajacket out of him too?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Just saw it today in the theater and I kinda get where you're coming from, but this is nowhere near as bad as Birdman was in its pretentiousness (earnestness it definitely is not). But it also reminds me of how some people complained about the famous Dunkirk scene from Atonement, claiming it was showing off too much which is one of the most utterly nonsensical complaints I've ever seen people utter. Because a movie can earn the right to show off when it actually works.

Anyway, during the movie I came to the conclusion this movie is definitely suffering from the horrendous modern Hollywood logic of long movie = epic movie. The day that phase ends will be the day that saved cinema.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Just saw it today in the theater and I kinda get where you're coming from, but this is nowhere near as bad as Birdman was in its pretentiousness (earnestness it definitely is not). But it also reminds me of how some people complained about the famous Dunkirk scene from Atonement, claiming it was showing off too much which is one of the most utterly nonsensical complaints I've ever seen people utter. Because a movie can earn the right to show off when it actually works.

Anyway, during the movie I came to the conclusion this movie is definitely suffering from the horrendous modern Hollywood logic of long movie = epic movie. The day that phase ends will be the day that saved cinema.
Kinda like a certain superhero movie you championed last summer? :sas2: