Leonardo DiCaprio /Tom Hardy 'The Revenant' (Official Thread)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Trailer. Just give Leo his Oscar already. Damn:

GTY_leo_winning_as_160228_12x5_1600.jpg

:blessed:

I'm happy Alejandro won back to back too even though George Miller probably had a better case but it's all good.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Seen this last weekend. Glad I caught it in theatres. shyt was dope. Cinematography was breathtaking, nothing short of stunning, that you really can't appreciate unless u see on the big screen. Pretty gory brutal violence hard to stomach lol but that final showdown between Leo vs Hardy was great. Bear scene was gut wrenching, shyt looked too life like. It was a bit too long but I left feeling satisfied and entertained.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
shyt was lightweight wack to me, I'm kinda mad i wasted the 5.99 renting that shyt on demand as opposed to just waiting until it hit hbo.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Finally watched. Tom Hardy was the true star of the film IMO. Direction, cinematography, Hardy, mountains of Argentina >> Leo's performance. He just did what he does best - grunt, scream, yell, make the veins in his forehead pop, etc.

Didn't love the ending shot either. Kinda weird really.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Watched it tonight. It was ok. I went with some friends and had no idea what the premise was,etc. I literally pulled out my phone 40 mins into it and googled the plot for the movie cuz I thought I missed something. Nope, just a quasi military group traveling apparently aimlessly in the woods I guess in the 1800's. Don't know why, nor where they're going but there they are.

Too many disjointed scenes and scenes that didn't make sense. He saved the Indian chick and she returns to her tribe. But at the end she nor her father even acknowledge him and instead stare him down like he killed their family or something. Just didn't make sense to me.

Yeah cinematography was cool, but how much was actually CGI? Damn near all of it I would guess.

Probably wouldn't recommend it.

Umm....breh....you do realize Europeans at this junction in time were raping and pillaging and killing Native Americans off in their own land right? They still didn't like Leo nor want his people there. Still enemies. He just got a pass for saving the girl. Just like Jake in Training Day.

AVTI\/S

Rookie
Daps
I need to add this film to my post in other thread about movies people hype that you can get into

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
The movie was so well made. People didn't find the story emotionally compelling? Boring in some parts, but the human will to survive so nicely put on display was :banderas:. Dude got chewed up by a bear then made it to the sweet end to kill his enemy. :wow: