Leonardo DiCaprio /Tom Hardy 'The Revenant' (Official Thread)

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
Its only been out 5 days? I probably would have seen it even later than I did if my grandmother wasn't such a "Jack from Titanic" mark. So I took her to go see it.

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
An absolutely breathtaking film. I wonder how Inarritu was able to get those beautiful shots. I'm calling it now. Leo has the Oscar. There really is no reason he shouldn't get it.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

If you missed it, Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy's new film, The Revenant, won big at the Golden Globes over the weekend, with multiple awards for Leo and the film. It's definitely a must-watch in 2016, but who knew that a Bobby Shmurda reference almost made its way into the film.

Well, according to this interview with Hardy and DiCaprio, the "Bobby Shmurda line" was cut from one of the burial scenes when Hardy was supposed to say, "Shut your trap house." The line getting cut from the film sucks, but getting to see Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy talk about Bobby Shmurda might already be the greatest moment of 2016. What do you think is Leo's favorite Shmurda song? Does Tom Hardy listen to "Computers" every morning? These questions need answers.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
An absolutely breathtaking film. I wonder how Inarritu was able to get those beautiful shots. I'm calling it now. Leo has the Oscar. There really is no reason he shouldn't get it.
have you ever been outside ? WTF?
Ppl talking like what inarritu did was out of this world :mjlol: like he invented the fukking woods. Watch a fukking National geographic documentary and you can se the same pretty shots you see in this film

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Ppl talking like what inarritu did was out of this world :mjlol: like he invented the fukking woods. Watch a fukking National geographic documentary and you can se the same pretty shots you see in this film

If that was the case ....EVERY DP and Director would be known for their cinematography

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Im not in love with this film. Felt like the director fukked up the pacing. Once Glass met up with the fellow Pawnee traveller, I thought the near-death survival chapter of the film came to a close, and Leo would track his way back to camp. But then his companion gets killed off, and that element just lingers. That scene where he rode off the cliff was excessive... I mean we get that Glass went through some shyt :comeon:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Inarritu didn't, Lubezki did, and that's because he's a master of lighting and intimacy.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Just finished it. 3.5/5 overall. Really enjoyed it.

This movie was basically Inarritu channeling Terrence Malick. Nothing wrong with another director having a strong influence on your work, but it was kind of distracting to me.

I had the same problem when I watched Boogie Nights.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
If that was the case ....EVERY DP and Director would be known for their cinematography
Chivo be like
5ae8074910ff0eeb97df17412f7e255c.630x630x1.jpg

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
:martin: This guy

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is it guys. Leo has come to this. His 5th Oscar nomiation. "Gilbert Grape, Avatior, Blood Diamond, Wolf of Wall St and now this". He's won 3 Golden Globes for "Avatior, Wolf and This" of 11 Nominations. Everything is saying this is finally Leo year. But don't rule out the academy doing some fukkery because they made Pacino wait 8 nominations before the won for "Scent of a Woman". Is this Leo's "Best" performance? No but it's one of his best so I'm cool with him winning for this.