Leonardo DiCaprio /Tom Hardy 'The Revenant' (Official Thread)

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
watched it in theaters tonight brehs

lot of differences with the real hue glass and the one from thus flick

good movie, but way too f*cking long

Leo da gawd :blessed:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Yeah I am the last motherfukker on earth to see this movie but I don't give a fukk.

What a great fukken movie brehs.

I was really skeptical because I heard Leo has very few lines but the way he portrayed Glass, they have to give him the Oscar. It was almost like he was a silent movie actor and had to convey his feelings through facial expressions.

Leo definitely deserves the Best Actor Oscar.

Hardy did his thing too.

Some of you nikkas are out of pocket talking about it dragged in the middle. :martin: No it fukken didn't. Every scene had it's purpose.

I might be impartial, because I have actually been to Calgary and seen the mountains/geography in person. I also know about the history of fur trapping and how important that was during that time. The furs were basically like gold, they were currency that the trappers used to get the supplies they needed. I really think the movie captured how incredibly difficult the conditions were during that time. Trappers had to worry about Native Americans, the French, Animals, the weather conditions, random mofos who wanted to take your shyt etc.

I was also concerned about the portray of Native Americans. Most movies in the west portray them as straight up savages and/or spiritual , but this movie showed how capable they were of surviving in such harsh conditions and certain scenes of humanity.

Wouldn't be mad if it wins the Oscar for best picture. :ehh:

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Leo was great. ...but anyone else think Hardys performance was even better?

It was absolutely better to me, and I kind of hate that most people are glossing over this fact.

Plus, while I enjoyed the movie, it definitely had pacing issues. I don't need to be constantly entertained but the movie had more than its share of boring moments. The story kind of lacked, which is a shame because it doesn't necessarily detract from it still being a good movie to casual viewers but come on.

The cinematography though was gorgeous. And knowing what the crew and actors went through to make the film makes you appreciate it even more.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It was absolutely better to me, and I kind of hate that most people are glossing over this fact.

Plus, while I enjoyed the movie, it definitely had pacing issues. I don't need to be constantly entertained but the movie had more than its share of boring moments. The story kind of lacked, which is a shame because it doesn't necessarily detract from it still being a good movie to casual viewers but come on.

The cinematography though was gorgeous. And knowing what the crew and actors went through to make the film makes you appreciate it even more.

They're both oscar nominated breh.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps

Nah, I understand that but

Oh, no, I understand that ... but I think much is being made over Leo being snubbed so much that they REALLY want him to get all the props for this role. And in actuality, (and just my opinion) Hardy was the better actor in this movie. And I say that not wanting to take anything away from Leo at all.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Some of you nikkas are out of pocket talking about it dragged in the middle. :martin: No it fukken didn't. Every scene had it's purpose.

I might be impartial, because I have actually been to Calgary and seen the mountains/geography in person. I also know about the history of fur trapping and how important that was during that time. The furs were basically like gold, they were currency that the trappers used to get the supplies they needed. I really think the movie captured how incredibly difficult the conditions were during that time. Trappers had to worry about Native Americans, the French, Animals, the weather conditions, random mofos who wanted to take your shyt etc.

Nah, fukk that. The shyt dragged and some of the "hardship survival" elements are forced as fukk. I've held back from calling this shyt out but that whole sequence where he runs his horse of a cliff so it conveniently dies (while Glass himself survives) in time for him to use it as cover when that instant snowstorm hits. If Innaritu had any balls he would've had Glass get hit by that snow storm in an open field in the middle of nowhere, so he'd be forced to kill the horse himself to make use of its body out of necessity, not because it conveniently got killed for him. And I like the movie, I really do, but miss me with that talk about how well the movie captures his survival trip, because for all its supposed rawness it's still Hollywood as fukk.

Everybody is too infatuated though with the whole idea of this being "Leo's year" when it's not even a top 5 performance by him and he has practically no competition. Hardy's performance was barely getting any acknowledgment until the movie leaked and people massively started pointing out that he killed that shyt.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I understand that but

Oh, no, I understand that ... but I think much is being made over Leo being snubbed so much that they REALLY want him to get all the props for this role. And in actuality, (and just my opinion) Hardy was the better actor in this movie. And I say that not wanting to take anything away from Leo at all.

Everybody is too infatuated though with the whole idea of this being "Leo's year" when it's not even a top 5 performance by him and he has practically no competition. Hardy's performance was barely getting any acknowledgment until the movie leaked and people massively started pointing out that he killed that shyt.

i do think hardy was better, but hardy wasn't even getting buzz for a supporting actor nomination all awards season and many were surprised when he deservedly got a nomination.

real cinephiles like us know what's up more than these half assed academy members :selena:

hardy was one of the few things they got right

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
FINALLY saw this.

I liked it,but didn't love it. It was 20-30 minutes too long. At some point it just became excessive and felt,well,masturbatory. It was to "epic,artistic" films what Michael Bay is to action films. Over indulgent and basking in itself so much that at times it felt...boring.

That said,it was truly one of the most brutal,visceral films I've ever seen. I feel people have become over rating Tom hardy and under rating Leo in this thread. Hardy had the flashier role,with lots of dialogue in a film where dialogue was sparse. Leo had nothing but his expressions and pure acting to rely on. He carried the film. He put himself through hell physically and that comes through.

The bear scene,the opening battle and leo/hardys fight were among the best scenes I've ever witnessed. The film is beautifully shot. But at the end of the day,I will probably rarely,if ever,watch this film again.

8/10

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So the Natives go after the Americans but it was the French that took the girl :wow:

Beautiful movie as far as how it was shot. That freezing weather tho :wow: I am not sure how Leo didn't show signs of ganggreen

Also so what does the end mean :lupe:

Leo is a vegetarian :ohhh:

Last edited:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
He can smell the Oscar
313633F100000578-3446940-Success_story_The_Revenant_was_the_big_winner_at_The_EE_British_-a-45_1455486663180.jpg