Ladies. Are you secure enough to date a man who’s 5’7 and below?

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a short bruh (6'3.5 :win:) but I think the reason a lot of women are leery about dating short men has a lot to do with that short man's genetics being passed down to their potential children.

For example, say a woman that's already between the height of 5'2-5'5 and the man she gets with is around 5'5-5'8, which means their child(ren) more likely than not will be short as the father or even shorter because of the mother already being short herself.

Two short individuals creating a child will make that boy or girl as short as them or even shorter. A lot of women want an adult aged son who's at least taller than her to an extent, doesn't have to be 6'1 and above but at least taller than her.

Real talk most who are against dating a man under 6 ft (not shorter than them) only do it due to the perception it gives off.

Cause real talk most women ain't thinking about that. Now usually a woman wants a man taller than her. But most with common sense who are avg size women ain't talking about I only want a man 6 feet and taller.

As far as tall women they usually don't want a man shorter than them because it makes them look taller. And they feel it makes them standout and feel uncomfortable. If a tall women can date a man shorter than her than she usually is confident in her height and the shyt doesn't bother them.

In saying that I know a few brothas who got wives taller than them. Engineering kat I know is a african brotha who is about 5-7 and he got a baaaaaaaaad ass wife who is a 5-11 sista. Think the sista is a former model.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you're honestly good looking and how you carry yourself is confident i promise you, outside the most extreme circumstances, it won't even matter man.
I'm 5⁷, 5⁹ in timbs and I've had both taller and shorter women want to be up under me.

The mindset revealed by the fixation does you more damage than your scarcity of inches ever did.

Its the mind set the man has and how comfortable a woman is with her height and the height difference between herself and her man. I am 5-10 and my wife 5-11 1/2. So it ain't like the shyt is rare to see a woman a little taller than her man.

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Preferences are based on social constructs that are long outdated. And insecurity.

Those preferences are based on an innate biological precedent. A mate's skeleto-musculature frame signaled their ability to be a predator and protector. The former in the acquisition of resources & the later for his mate, their offspring and said resources. There's a reason animals make themselves larger (tall, wide or both) during confrontations.

Second women want their offspring to be of the same structure. It increases the chances of their survivability. Thus, mating with tall/large/strong increases chances of such an outcome. On the subject of complexion. Animals are wired to gravitate to vibrant and colorful targets.

Pigmentation is an adaptation based on climatic conditions. Prior to the advent of technology its attraction was based on proximity. As such I can understand the claim, these hoes use in support of internally dating within their race. However, outside this the reptilian preference will be women = light complexion (indicates submissive) & full figured (indicates fertility) and man = tall (indicates indomitable) & dark (indicates virility).

Society is what has adds the elements of constraints on the true mating strategy. Interracial? History and Racism. Complexion? Colorism. Height? Vanity. Figure? Insecurity. Resources? Opportunistic.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Most women want to feel protected. You can argue with me but it won't change. I have never been attracted to tall men but I understand that other women perceive tall men to be protectors. Personally I prefer men that are my height but they cannot be skinny or petite. I need to know that if someone targets me that he can defend me.

There are women out there that love short men. There are plenty of short men that have girlfriends and wives. So I don't understand the point of this thread.
Most women don’t like short men. And that’s based on peer pressure. This is by design.

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Most women seek security and to be protected.
May I ask you something concerning this statement, cause this isn't the first time I've seen this posted. But what is security and protection when your with 6'1 or above and your and your partner is caught in an unfortunate situation where the opposing party is carrying an weapon ? I don't mean to be dark but death doesn't discriminate against height, like almost everything.

sunny80

All Star
Daps
May I ask you something concerning this statement, cause this isn't the first time I've seen this posted. But what is security and protection when your with 6'1 or above and your and your partner is caught in an unfortunate situation where the opposing party is carrying an weapon ? I don't mean to be dark but death doesn't discriminate against height, like almost everything.
Tall = More likely to win

Now you and I both know that it takes more than being tall but I am simply telling you that tall people are perceived to win.