Kevin Garnett top 20 player of all time?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Garnett should be around 60-75

That's pretty fukking Harsh...

Kobe/TMac was more popular of a debate, because they were exciting perimeter players. Two of the more popular players at the time. Duncan was the ole boring big man. He wasn't that popular.

You can make that argument regarding casual sports fans, but when it came to die hard basketball fans and sports journalists the person consider Duncan's rival was Shaq, not KG. In the early 2000 those two were considered the top two players in the league. KG only really got into the debate his MVP year.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
I feel like a lot of these nikkas didn't watch KG around that time, maybe they were too young? nikkas are just shytting on him left in right in these threads....

basically.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
This doesn't support your point at all.

All this shows is that KG was considered the second best PF and the 3rd best player overall.

If one guy is ALWAYS ranked ahead of the other, how the fukk is there a huge debate about who's better?
That shows you how close those debates were. Kobe was routinely ranked higher than Tmac, but there was still a debate.

RichSincethe80s

All Star
Daps
Reppin
He won a chip in 08' but he was just solid in that playoffs, and was apart of superteam with Pierce and Allen

:why:

kg could've won finals mvp in 08' nobody would've blinked an eye. WAY better than just solid, consider he put up 21 and 13 in the 4 wins in the finals. he was definitely the playoff mvp

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shows you how close those debates were. Kobe was routinely ranked higher than Tmac, but there was still a debate.

It does not show how close those debates were, it just shows that KG was a highly regarded player during that time.

Like I said there was more debate about who was better between Shaq and Duncan than there was about KG and Duncan.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:why:

kg could've won finals mvp in 08' nobody would've blinked an eye. WAY better than just solid, consider he put up 21 and 13 in the 4 wins in the finals. he was definitely the playoff mvp

He was the playoff MVP, but he wasn't the finals MVP. Pierce was slightly better in those finals

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
Skill and Talent wise, kobes been the best NBA player since 2001-2010

aint u only 17?

stay out of this discussion young man, you were still watching barney when shaq and kobe were on the lakers.