Kevin Garnett top 20 player of all time?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
There was a Garnett and Duncan debate for quite awhile. When Garnett won his ship w/ Boston that sort of solidified his legacy. As far as the question of top 20? I'd have to disagree. And for those arguing the the 60's and qoute on quote old school basketball. It's not there fault when they were born. To take it a step further, I could make the argument that the league was harder to win a ship at that time because the teams that were winning had about 3 HOF's on each squad. Also, if you gave say a big O the same oppurtunity as a Lebron w/ weights and programs,etc. Who knows what he would've become. Everything moves forward in time, hence the bigger stronger faster progams. You ever seen an o-lineman from the 60's? A lot different from today. That doesn't discredit their accomplishments. And the logo isn't the logo for no reason. Keep Jerry West out of this. That is all

Hall Of Famers like KC Jones :mjpls:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I shouldn't, because I didn't watch those players play. You would never see me talking about those old nikkas. You might watch a game or two, but chances are you are only going to watch the games where they scored 40 or 50. You aren't going to watch the games where they flat out sucked. That's why you see so many young nikkas talking about those dudes like they never had an off game or they were the perfect player.

Yet you already stated that you felt every player from the 60's is inferior to the players of today...

RichSincethe80s

All Star
Daps
Reppin
He was the playoff MVP, but he wasn't the finals MVP. Pierce was slightly better in those finals

true, but it was just about wrapped up when when pierce came back three minutes later out the wheelchair. the finals mvp was more like a lifetime achievement award for pp. you gotta consider they wouldn't had even been in the finals without the defensive player of the year. garnett totally took away gasol's manhood that series for what it's worth. i think that was the closest to a co-finals mvp in league history

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
Wow, this is why I don't discuss basketball with people who don't really know basketball.

Are you fukking kidding me? You're talking about someone who has a MVP, DPOY, Championship, 14x all-star, 9-time all defensive first team, 4 time all nba first team.

He's top 5 defensively of all-time and you're sitting here talking about being top 20, smh.

On my all-time list he's around 12-14 spot. I'd really like to see the arguments for 20 players being better than him, it's laughable really.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Yet you already stated that you felt every player from the 60's is inferior to the players of today...
Talking about them in the sense of who was better during that era etc. Those players wouldn't be able to play in this era. Just look at their technique, fundamentals, lack of athleticism etc.

Even Robery Horry said the same shyt a few years back.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Wow, this is why I don't discuss basketball with people who don't really know basketball.

Are you fukking kidding me? You're talking about someone who has a MVP, DPOY, Championship, 14x all-star, 9-time all defensive first team, 4 time all nba first team.

He's top 5 defensively of all-time and you're sitting here talking about being top 20, smh.

On my all-time list he's around 12-14 spot. I'd really like to see the arguments for 20 players being better than him, it's laughable really.
Half of this forum believes that Rose is the best player in the NBA. That's all you need to know.

StreetDawah

Alhamdulillah
Daps
:what: hell no. not sure if he is top 50 tbh

eekoh.png

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Talking about them in the sense of who was better during that era etc. Those players wouldn't be able to play in this era. Just look at their technique, fundamentals, lack of athleticism etc.

Even Robery Horry said the same shyt a few years back.

So again, Are you gonna sit there and argue that Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum are better than Wilt, Russell, and Kareem?

And nobody was talking about players from one era playing in another. If that was the case a large portion of players today couldn't handle the physical play of previous eras.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
So again, Are you gonna sit there and argue that Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum are better than Wilt, Russell, and Kareem?

And nobody was talking about players from one era playing in another. If that was the case a large portion of players today couldn't handle the physical play of previous eras.

I'm sorry, but I've been sitting here watching you type bullshyt up for the past hour or so. Kevin Garnett vs. Tim Duncan was a heavy debate in the early 2000s. Only Spurs fans act like it wasn't and act all smug seeing how Timmy ended up with a better career. I'm getting sick of this recent coli deification of Tim Duncan. Stop acting like in the early 2000s this guy was viewed as untouchable and incomparable. There was not this huge gap between the two of them defensively or throughout their careers. Offensively, Tim operated out of the post and KG shot jumpers so that's what made Duncan a better player to structure a team around.

Tim was better, but it isn't this run away that people are making it out to be and in 2004 KG was definitely better. Everything involving Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett back then was a hypothetical debate. What would happen if KG played with the Spurs? What would Duncan's career look like if he was on Minnesota? We live in an era where people are now saying Dirk>>>>KG when Dirk is a jump shooting big man. In his prime KG was a considerably better all around player. Defensively it's not remotely comparable and he was a better passer and much better rebounder. Dirk is a one trick pony, but he's being put above KG all time these days. It's crazy really. It's crazy what winning does to people's memories.

Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan was even in commercials facing off with each other. They were clearly the two best PFs and KG was the more popular of the two, though he was not better. The debates were serious and they were justified.

BTW, no. John fukkin Stockton is not better than Kevin Garnett.