Kendrick Lamar doing the SuperBowl Halftime show

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
People keep mentioning Wayne but don't seem to acknowledge the fact that in 2024 (tbh probably for the past 10 years or so) Kendrick is a bigger star globally. Wayne hasn't toured outside the US/Canada as much as Kendrick. There was a news article in like 2022 that Wayne was gonna be in London for the first time in 14 years. Kendrick had sold out arena shows in Europe/Japan/Brazil/Mexico in 2023-2024

I get that NFL is an american league, but Super Bowl is a global event.
this.

kendrick's mr morale tour is one of the highest grossing hip hop tours ever. people are downplaying kendrick like he was never in the discussion of #1 hip-hop act or the biggest hip-hop draw at one point. i would say kendrick became a bigger star than wayne after TPAB dropped. at that point kendrick was on top of the rap game and has been back and forth with drake for that #1 spot.

the fake outrage for wayne not getting the super bowl nod are his stans, people from the south and people who will benefit from it like master p and other southern artists. wayne is so trash and gone now that the nfl and jay would get killed for having him perform. plus his music aged horribly.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dr Dre’s not a functioning drug addict that forgets his lyrics

lol there we go. Just say what you want to say. I can’t speak to him being a current drug addict who can’t perform or function. If he is then I’m sure that’s a valid reason.