Jay Z Comments On Kendrick Lamar Headlining the 2025 Super Bowl Half Time Show

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
This is disingenuous because back then the Super Bowl was all white acts and hip-hop wasn’t the most dominant genre. Times are different now.

It hasn’t been all white acts

Nelly perform before, Queen Latifah performed.. granted hip hop wasn’t the most dominant but still people need to stop trying to push wayne just because its New Orleans

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
Look at the history of when Jayz has selected an artist. Rihanna, Usher and Dre all deserving but non of them were hot. This has been going to legacy artist who have a solid history of hits the past 3 years. Kendrick doesn’t have more hits than artist like Wayne or Kanye. He still writing his legacy imo.

Even if you want to base this off music that’s come out since the 2020s. Kendrick still behind Drake in terms of impact and hits

a56.gif

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was expecting a Coli Camel Trick Thread and Weezy's "GOD" bypass him:huhldup::skip::troll::banderas:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Rihanna and Usher were no brainers because of the collective of hits they have. We going to pretend Kendrick is known for his hits now? We going to pretend like his last album didn’t have 0 platinum singles?

As a head I think it’s cool that Kendrick is active but I’m not going to pretend like like this is something that would’ve happened last year ir that people been clamoring for him to headline the SB

Youre somewhere listening to Eminem’s latest album lusting after fatwhite women foh
A little bit of research and you would know his last album did have platinum singles, whole album damn near quadruple platinum right now most likely. I don't think some of y'all get how big of a rapper Kendrick is, he not Drake popularity but he is still a huge star. :mjlol:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he Kendrick doesn’t diss Drake does he perform
At the Super Bowl next year solo? :lupe: the success of not like us and like that had to be a factor.

Of course. Corporations do what corporations do and want to be attached to the biggest thing at any given moment and time. NFL want the maximum number of eyes possible at the SB and so does Roc Nation

Wayne and Drake and nem just gotta hold this one

:yeshrug:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Even if you want to base this off music that’s come out since the 2020s. Kendrick still behind Drake in terms of impact and hits
Maybe in regards to hits I’ll agree, but impact nah. “It’s gonna be alright” was an anthem for protests and he produced music for one of the best comic book movies with a predominantly black cast. Drake has hits on hits but his cultural impact has been pretty minimal imo.

Last edited:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Maybe in regards to hits I’ll agree, but impact nah. “It’s gonna be alright” was an anthem for protests and he produced music for one of the best comic book movies with a predominantly black cast. Drake has hits on hits but his cultural impact has been pretty minimal imo.
Everything you posted was pre 2020s