Keep it 100, how many of you would seriously play an AAA game on your phones?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
What in the futurama scary door is going on in here right now?:damn:
I swear I started this thread with the best intentions. I genuinely, genuinely want to know why people would pay for a cloud streaming games subscription knowing that someone with more powerful local hardware is getting 10x the graphical quality. Is it oochie wally or one mic?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I swear I started this thread with the best intentions. I genuinely, genuinely want to know why people would pay for a cloud streaming games subscription knowing that someone with more powerful local hardware is getting 10x the graphical quality. Is it oochie wally or one mic?
The games sub is separate.
The cloud computing talk is what they can never clearly answer for without getting offended.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
The games sub is separate.
The cloud computing talk is what they can never clearly answer for without getting offended.
It’s separate for now. Once it’s targeted at a larger audience who doesn’t own Xboxes or already have game pass they’ll have to bundle the games with the cloud. No one is gonna pay full price for an AAA game unless they can play it on a TV 80% of the time. When that day arrives, will they merge Xcloud and Game Pass for console owners too? And will that neutralize the hardware differences between all their consoles?

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
All this talk about Xcloud and play anywhere is great in theory, but how many of you would play an open world game like RDR2 with complex controls that can only be maneuvered on a controller, on your phone screens? I bought GTA Vice City, and San Andreas on the App Store and playing them feels retarded as fukk. Good luck with anything that involves more than tapping at something on the screen. You guys carry Xbox controllers or Dualshocks everywhere you go? What is the target audience of this game anywhere push?

I seriously want to understand this business strategy, someone please explain
I'm not the demo for this clearly. I have a switch that stays docked 93% of the time. And that is a dedicated handheld. Can't imagine fumbling around with a controller attached to my phone on the train.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They didn't?

Okay I think I need to cop me something on Amazon. No puedo

Like I said. Y’all just play dumb and pretend not to understand the concepts in order to play this dumb game.:comeon:

Devs have access to cloud computational power=/= The cloud makes Xbox one stronger.

Again we’ve seen devs use this over the course of the gen, and will continue to do so increasingly in the future as the tech and infrastructure improves.

Why continue playing dumb breh?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said. Y’all just play dumb and pretend not to understand the concepts in order to play this dumb game.:comeon:

Devs have access to cloud computational power=/= The cloud makes Xbox one stronger.

Again we’ve seen devs use this over the course of the gen, and will continue to do so increasingly in the future as the tech and infrastructure improves.

Why continue playing dumb breh?

:lupe:
Everything he said there was true. Xbox one via the cloud will continue to play games well above its weight into the future.

They never claimed the Xbox one itself would be made stronger by the cloud. Nothing in those quotes even implies that.

Which one is it? :mjgrin: You've ensnared yourself in a cloud of lies.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:lupe:

Which one is it? :mjgrin: You've ensnared yourself in a cloud of lies.
Again dummy.

Xbox one will play Xbox series X games and beyond via Xcloud.

Developers have access to remote computational power to use within their games.

Two separate concepts you clowns try to conflate into a claim no one ever made, then pretend you don’t understand what either of them mean.

Stop playing with me breh :comeon:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

It's futureproofing. M$ is trying to get a jump on it now because it's probably going to be the future, just like how games went all digital. We didn't think 7/8 years ago when that going all digital would be realistic and now we're here. M$ got shytted on for trying to cut support for physical media during the XB1 rollout, but it did actually happen.

I don't think it's worth it in 2020, but in 2028 there may be a future where we don't get a PS6 or a new XBOX, we may just only have xCloud and PS Now. For people who don't care to drop 499 on a console it may be worth it to make that jump earlier than later.

It’s separate for now. Once it’s targeted at a larger audience who doesn’t own Xboxes or already have game pass they’ll have to bundle the games with the cloud. No one is gonna pay full price for an AAA game unless they can play it on a TV 80% of the time. When that day arrives, will they merge Xcloud and Game Pass for console owners too? And will that neutralize the hardware differences between all their consoles?

I do think video games will basically turn into Xbox Game Pass/GameFly/Netflix, you'll have games you can play for free with your sub, and or pay an extra premium to keep the game. Or even do it like Spotify where you stream the game but have to deal with ads if you don't pay for it.

It's ugly, but I do see it happening 10 years down the line.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again dummy.

Xbox one will play Xbox series X games and beyond via Xcloud.

Developers have access to remote computational power to use within their games.

Two separate concepts you clowns try to conflate into a claim no one ever made, then pretend you don’t understand what either of them mean.

Stop playing with me breh :comeon:
. "It's also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we're effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud]. If you look to the cloud as something that is no doubt going to evolve and grow over time, it really spells out that there's no limit to where the processing power of Xbox One can go," she said. "I think that's a very exciting proposition, not only for Australians, but anyone else who's going to pick up the Xbox One console

So a cloud, that can grow over time will allow Xbox One to play Series X games and beyond via Xcloud(the name). What is the issue here breh? Seems like you're trying to disagree with yourself. You trying to make it complex saying it's "two seperate" claims. The "cloud" can do all of that.

Stop playing with me breh :pachaha:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The cloud now enables old ass smart phones to play Xbox series x games.

What he said was true.

Why are you confused?
:why: I think YOU'RE the one that's confused. I'm not the one saying that the Cloud won't make the X1 stronger, YOU DID.

They never claimed the Xbox one itself would be made stronger by the cloud. Nothing in those quotes even implies that.
You then right after said it's true.

Are you...

I'm done here breh. :dead:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:why: I think YOU'RE the one that's confused. I'm not the one saying that the Cloud won' make the X1 stronger, YOU DID.

Are you...

I'm done here breh. :dead:
Like I said you are playing dumb to conflate the two concepts.

We all know how the cloud works. It gives remote access to computational power. It does not make local hardware “stronger”

You are pretending to not understand this, in order to make your dumb ass argument.

Do better

• Dap
Reactions: PS4