Keep it 100, how many of you would seriously play an AAA game on your phones?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is that all y'all play here?

Xcloud probably won't get used for my triple A games unless I'm trying to get an achievement or just wanna play with friends

But all those other games will get burn

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The GBA/PSP/DS and the Switch have built in buttons and analog sticks, and the games are optimized to run on those systems. Are you gonna charge your tablets/ phones as you play or are you going to draw from the device’s power? How long do you think before the battery runs out? How many bars of reception minimum do you need to get online? Are you gonna carry your controllers with you as well?

Well again if youre connecting a wireless controller to a tablet then that's a decent minimalistic setup for a hotel, flight or vacation trip. Probably keep the tablet plugged in because it's basically being used as a portable monitor (they sell those too).

I only mentioned the GBA/PSP/DS to that particular guy because he said video games are for home entertainment only. I don't think streaming is the same as mobile/portable gaming. Streaming isn't literally ON THE GO like the handheld games we had growing up. Streaming is more for convenience when you are traveling somewhere, want to switch TVs, or in the case of Stadia, you don't want to buy hardware to play games.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I wouldn’t play on a phone but I’d play off a tablet in bed or some shyt.

I got a house full of gamers sometimes you cant always get the TV/system you want but it’s nice to still be able to play whenever you want regardless. I enjoyed using PS Remote play for that very same reason cuz I could binge my games in another room or off my laptop in bed while my girl watches or plays something else

Options never hurt, plus there’s gonna be people who won’t even own consoles that can play Gamepass games which is pretty cool for those folks I guess

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Phone? Maybe. My switch screen is not that much bigger than my phone, so screen size isn't an issue.

Tablet? Definitely. Take my xbox controller and tablet on with me on trips and eat :wow:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Well again if youre connecting a wireless controller to a tablet then that's a decent minimalistic setup for a hotel, flight or vacation trip. Probably keep the tablet plugged in because it's basically being used as a portable monitor (they sell those too).

I only mentioned the GBA/PSP/DS to that particular guy because he said video games are for home entertainment only. I don't think streaming is the same as mobile/portable gaming. Streaming isn't literally ON THE GO like the handheld games we had growing up. Streaming is more for convenience when you are traveling somewhere, want to switch TVs, or in the case of Stadia, you don't want to buy hardware to play games.
How many bars of reception do you need to play with the same fidelity as local hardware?

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Mobile =/= streaming games.

Switch is a portable console that doesn't rely on internet to play games plus it's already built for portable use.

Streaming a console game to a mobile phone/tablet and using an accessory to play is different. I've used both and while it's a good option it still relies upon good internet connection and needs a controller/attachment to control.

The GBA/PSP/DS and the Switch have built in buttons and analog sticks, and the games are optimized to run on those systems. Are you gonna charge your tablets/ phones as you play or are you going to draw from the device’s power? How long do you think before the battery runs out? How many bars of reception minimum do you need to get online? Are you gonna carry your controllers with you as well?

Breh they have a whole line of controller accessories and attachment options for those who want them. This is just the beginning, their vision is to make game streaming possible on any console smart tv phone etc

If you're not interested you can ignore it's existence no one is forcing you to play it.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
How many bars of reception do you need to play with the same fidelity as local hardware?

I'm pretty sure you can stream to a tablet, the phone is just an option. If youre streaming your game to a 7+ inch tablet on the road with a wireless controller that's not so bad. Plus you didn't have to make room for your hardware on a flight or anything, you only needed your tablet and controller.

That's what google stadia and all that is trying to accomplish. I just think it's a few years too early, since the internet in general is too slow to pull it off correctly

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh they have a whole line of controller accessories and attachment options for those who want them. This is just the beginning, their vision is to make game streaming possible on any console smart tv phone etc

If you're not interested you can ignore it's existence no one is forcing you to play it.
Game streaming is possible on practically most smart TVs, phones, tablets etc and it's been like that for years now. Stadia, Shadow blade, PS Now, Steam remote play, Geforce now has been doing this already and cell phone accessories exist already. When you say mobile market and then say Switch sold a lot that's not the same thing. Switch is a portable handheld console while the mobile market are those games that are touch screen based which sell like hot cakes for like a few bucks.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Also, explain XCloud to me. Originally the “power of the cloud” was going to make the OG Xbox One 20 times stronger, with no hardware update. Will all systems stream at the same graphics quality as one another? Will an Xbox One S, One X, Series S, and Series X all output at 4k 60 since they’re not limited by the local hardware? In that case why buy a 12 TF console? I thought xcloud was a gpu farm. What is running these games? The cloud or the local device?

@PS4 @MeachTheMonster @Kamikaze Revy @Rekkapryde @The Mad Titan @Mountain @Fatboi1 how does this technology work?

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Game streaming is possible on practically most smart TVs, phones, tablets etc and it's been like that for years now. Stadia, Shadow blade, PS Now, Steam remote play, Geforce now has been doing this already and cell phone accessories exist already. When you say mobile market and then say Switch sold a lot that's not the same thing. Switch is a portable handheld console while the mobile market are those games that are touch screen based which sell like hot cakes for like a few bucks.
You know what I mean when I said mobile stop arguing semantics. All those things already exist so clearly there's a market for it, thanks for proving my point

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know what I mean when I said mobile stop arguing semantics. All those things already exist so clearly there's a market for it, thanks for proving my point
:dahell: This isn't semantics at all.

The mobile market does not include the Switch. Mobile market=Android/IOS. Nintendo itself clearly speaks of mobile market as phones. Pokemon Go, Mario Run, Mario Kart, Clash of Titans are mobile market not Pokemon Shield or Smash Brothers on the Switch.

Those things that exist already are not really playing a big role in the mobile market. Thinking because 50 million Switches were sold will translate to 20+ million new subscribers to Android is erreneous.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Also, explain XCloud to me. Originally the “power of the cloud” was going to make the OG Xbox One 20 times stronger, with no hardware update. Will all systems stream at the same graphics quality as one another? Will an Xbox One S, One X, Series S, and Series X all output at 4k 60 since they’re not limited by the local hardware? In that case why buy a 12 TF console? I thought xcloud was a gpu farm. What is running these games? The cloud or the local device?

@PS4 @MeachTheMonster @Kamikaze Revy @Rekkapryde @The Mad Titan @Mountain @Fatboi1 how does this technology work?
The fact that this hasn’t been answered is why I joke “la nube :blessed:“.
@PS4 is the main person that brags about the cloud and all its miracles so maybe he can shed light on this for us. :sas1:

I go back to my critique of Halo infinite’s graphics; why doesn’t that game look at least as good graphically as the Halo 5? We keep hearing explanations about the map size, but how is that a valid excuse when you have the most powerful console in history and the unlimited power of the cloud?