Keep it 100, how many of you would seriously play an AAA game on your phones?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Enough, it's time I bring balance to this place like the xbox one claimed at launch. I'll answer everything so you're all welcome!!!
All this talk about Xcloud and play anywhere is great in theory, but how many of you would play an open world game like RDR2 with complex controls that can only be maneuvered on a controller, on your phone screens? I bought GTA Vice City, and San Andreas on the App Store and playing them feels retarded as fukk. Good luck with anything that involves more than tapping at something on the screen. You guys carry Xbox controllers or Dualshocks everywhere you go? What is the target audience of this game anywhere push?

I seriously want to understand this business strategy, someone please explain
Kishi is how I'll eat, but a controller would be fine in plenty of situations. Around the house, in a car/etc. Could leave a controller in the bathroom? Wherever you wanna game bruh, even in your treehouse
Never really understood who Xcloud is aimed at. The biggest mobile games in the world are those small type casual type games that you pick up and play for a few minutes when you’re out and about.

Are people really going to play GTA 6 on some tiny phone with that controller attached in public?
There's 250+ games currently on the service, how many do you think they need before there's enough variety? You clearly don't even know what's available yet you talk about it daily. It's called being an uninformed fanboy
Xbox Game Pass Library | Xbox
Mobile =/= streaming games.

Switch is a portable console that doesn't rely on internet to play games plus it's already built for portable use.

Streaming a console game to a mobile phone/tablet and using an accessory to play is different. I've used both and while it's a good option it still relies upon good internet connection and needs a controller/attachment to control.
You can download a gamepass game into your PC, and any online multiplayer game requires internet. 4G is good but not great for instant twitch type games but 5g can easily handle that. 5g will be the standard for the mainstream by years end so if you're not factoring in that you're probably hating :francis:
The GBA/PSP/DS and the Switch have built in buttons and analog sticks, and the games are optimized to run on those systems. Are you gonna charge your tablets/ phones as you play or are you going to draw from the device’s power? How long do you think before the battery runs out? How many bars of reception minimum do you need to get online? Are you gonna carry your controllers with you as well?
I've already used the service and it doesn't kill your phones life, I never even thought about it and used it for hours at a time. Xbox controllers unlike Sony last all day. I'll be getting a kishi and they have battery packs built into them just for worriers like you:win:
Like which ones?
How many bars of reception do you need to play with the same fidelity as local hardware?
This is why ppl are not taking you seriously, like you think Microsoft or any company ever goes "if you have 3 bars on cricket wireless your fidelity will be this much and if you have 4 bars but you're on at&t you'll get this fidelity. The device you're using, let's say a phone that has a 720p screen. Then your screens max res is still 720p.
Also, explain XCloud to me. Originally the “power of the cloud” was going to make the OG Xbox One 20 times stronger, with no hardware update. Will all systems stream at the same graphics quality as one another? Will an Xbox One S, One X, Series S, and Series X all output at 4k 60 since they’re not limited by the local hardware? In that case why buy a 12 TF console? I thought xcloud was a gpu farm. What is running these games? The cloud or the local device?

@PS4 @MeachTheMonster @Kamikaze Revy @Rekkapryde @The Mad Titan @Mountain @Fatboi1 how does this technology work?
Excellent question, the original vision for the xbox one was to connect every xbox and that way every xbox would be capable of using computations from every xbox connected. A free cloud if you will and that was to work in n conjunction with azure. Combined they wanted developers to basically do what Sony is doing today with their SSD. Create games using these unique tools to create greater experiences not possible any other way. The ps3 had a cloud app thing you could op into but that computational power was used for cancer research. Ppl would leave their consoles on over night. I did it, most ppl here did. Exact same concept except it would benefit gamers. Those same Sony ppl who did that till this day act like they can't understand how cloud computing is even possible
:dahell: This isn't semantics at all.

The mobile market does not include the Switch. Mobile market=Android/IOS. Nintendo itself clearly speaks of mobile market as phones. Pokemon Go, Mario Run, Mario Kart, Clash of Titans are mobile market not Pokemon Shield or Smash Brothers on the Switch.

Those things that exist already are not really playing a big role in the mobile market. Thinking because 50 million Switches were sold will translate to 20+ million new subscribers to Android is erreneous.
Depends, how successful was pokemon go and Mario kart mobile?
Just looked, pokemon go had 60 million active users 3yrs ago. Thanks for enlightening us on what's popping :win:
The fact that this hasn’t been answered is why I joke “la nube :blessed:“.
@PS4 is the main person that brags about the cloud and all its miracles so maybe he can shed light on this for us. :sas1:

I go back to my critique of Halo infinite’s graphics; why doesn’t that game look at least as good graphically as the Halo 5? We keep hearing explanations about the map size, but how is that a valid excuse when you have the most powerful console in history and the unlimited power of the cloud?
Halo infinite will look amazing on xbox series x. When capcom showed off Res 8 and it was choppy and less than 1080p/60fps on ps5 there wasn't this internet fanboy rush to discredit the ps5 as not being capable of getting it corrected by launch. Why is that :jbhmm:
Nah, I’m asking - if you own a Series X and I own a One S, but we both pay the same monthly subscription, will we be playing at the same quality or will you be playing 11 tflops higher than me
Slightly tricky question but I can answer it. The one s can stream 4k content. But ther cloud is a CPU. And like the ps5 SSD it can offload certain task virtually to assist in areas. But the cloud doesn't do everything (yet) and possibly on purpose but ultimately if you want all the bells and whistles locally you'll need a series x to get it. Just like how a game scales depending on hardware, same with gamepass. But the lowest quality the cloud will give you is xbox one. The highest it can deliver is series x (starting next year) now nobody is in a position to tell you exactly what quality you will get because what device and how's your internet? When it actually launches they'll have recommended specs. But from my experience, on 4g LTE on a 1080p smart phone I can't tell the difference from my xbox to the stream in terms of fidelity
You'll answer your own question if you elaborate because just saying "stronger" doesn't specify how. The article specifies how but you're pro Sony so you was only looking for something to hate on.
I rather play an indie game on my phone , than a AAA. Just the size of my phone's screen would diminish the experience.
Why don't you try it and see instead of guessing?
Join Xbox Game Pass: Discover Your Next Favorite Game | Xbox

Last edited:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
nikka why are my questions so hard for you to understand? Doe XCloud work differently on phones than it does on consoles? Since on phones cloud gaming is entirely handled by the cloud server, why does it suddenly require the power of local Xboxes when I’m playing on console? Are they two separate services? One for mobile and one for consoles? @Mountain

Come on man stop playing.

Gaming with cloud support is partially localized, meech already explained that to you.

MSFS for example obviously isnt entirely cloud based; it utilizes xbox hardware and the additional computing power of cloud processing.

The cloud allows for better graphic fidelity, thats it. Its not that deep.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Enough, it's time I bring balance to this place like the xbox one claimed at launch. I'll answer everything so you're all welcome!!!

Kishi is how I'll eat, but a controller would be fine in plenty of situations. Around the house, in a car/etc. Could leave a controller in the bathroom? Wherever you wanna game bruh, even in your treehouse

There's 250+ games currently on the service, how many do you think they need before there's enough variety? You clearly don't even know what's available yet you talk about it daily. It's called being an uninformed fanboy

You can download a gamepass game into your PC, and any online multiplayer game requires internet. 4G is good but not great for instant twitch type games but 5g can easily handle that. 5g will be the standard for the mainstream by years end so if you're not factoring in that you're probably hating :francis:

I've already used the service and it doesn't kill your phones life, I never even thought about it and used it for hours at a time. Xbox controllers unlike Sony last all day. I'll be getting a kishi and they have battery packs built into them just for worriers like you:win:

This is why ppl are not taking you seriously, like you think Microsoft or any company ever goes "if you have 3 bars on cricket wireless your fidelity will be this much and if you have 4 bars but you're on at&t you'll get this fidelity. The device you're using, let's say a phone that has a 720p screen. Then your screens max res is still 720p.

Excellent question, the original vision for the xbox one was to connect every xbox and that way every xbox would be capable of using computations from every xbox connected. A free cloud if you will and that was to work in n conjunction with azure. Combined they wanted developers to basically do what Sony is doing today with their SSD. Create games using these unique tools to create greater experiences not possible any other way. The ps3 had a cloud app thing you could op into but that computational power was used for cancer research. Ppl would leave their consoles on over night. I did it, most ppl here did. Exact same concept except it would benefit gamers. Those same Sony ppl who did that till this day act like they can't understand how cloud computing is even possible

Depends, how successful was pokemon go and Mario kart mobile?
Just looked, pokemon go had 60 million active users 3yrs ago. Thanks for enlightening us on what's popping :win:

Halo infinite will look amazing on xbox series x. When capcom showed off Res 8 and it was choppy and less than 1080p/60fps on ps5 there wasn't this internet fanboy rush to discredit the ps5 as being capable of getting it corrected by launch. Why is that :jbhmm:

Slightly tricky question but I can answer it. The one s can stream 4k content. But ther cloud is a CPU. And like the ps5 SSD it can offload certain task virtually to assist in areas. But the cloud doesn't do everything (yet) and possibly on purpose but ultimately if you want all the bells and whistles locally you'll need a series x to get it. Just like how a game scales depending on hardware, same with gamepass. But the lowest quality the cloud will give you is xbox one. The highest it can deliver is series x (starting next year) now nobody is in a position to tell you exactly what quality you will get because what device and how's your internet? When it actually launches they'll have recommended specs. But from my experience, on 4g LTE on a 1080p smart phone I can't tell the difference from my xbox to the stream in terms of fidelity

You'll answer your own question if you elaborate because just saying "stronger" doesn't specify how. The article specifies how but you're pro Sony so you was only looking for something to hate on.

Why don't you try it and see instead of guessing?
Join Xbox Game Pass: Discover Your Next Favorite Game | Xbox
:ehh: thank you for taking the time to answer all my questions. Repped.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Define weak my brother.
PS5 games looking better than that Halo gameplay. :yeshrug:
You can have 40 teraflops but if you can’t design or optimize for crap then you get....Craig.
Like it’s not a matter of opinion or anything else it is what it is.

That bothers y’all so you make up all this dumb ass fake confusion.

It’s ok breh your weak ass PS5 will be just fine.:mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
XBabble

PS5 is so weak, but the Super 12 TF console trotting out this shyt
halo-washed.gif

3716147-halocraig.png

C0W.gif

stay letting this cracka Phil play yall for fools.... :russ:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Define weak my brother.
PS5 games looking better than that Halo gameplay. :yeshrug:
You can have 40 teraflops but if you can’t design or optimize for crap then you get....Craig.
I need you to clarify for me, are you saying that halo infinite will not look great this fall on your xbox series x? Do you think you'll be disappointed in the visuals? And would you like to make a double or nothing bet on this since you already lost the 4k/120fps bet. I think it was a month ban bet, double or nothing?
XBabble

PS5 is so weak, but the Super 12 TF console trotting out this shyt
halo-washed.gif

3716147-halocraig.png

C0W.gif

stay letting this cracka Phil play yall for fools.... :russ:
You enjoyed games built on 1tf playstation so only you thought a teraflop would equate to best possible graphics. See, you're confused. I've been saying all along (please, do a coli search) that this teraflop thing will matter when you see multiplats. The gap will be bigger than the gap the 360 had over the ps3. You remember 30fps madden don'tcha?

Here's my thread already tackling this subject...
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/nex...frame-rates-and-resolutions-do-u-care.794600/

I had plans to revisit that thread once what I knew was mainstream knowledge :whew:

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Mannn when I have a kid I'm hooking them up with this service so they don't bother me about buying them a console. :lolbron:

Ya'll nikkas just thinking of yourselves you know these parents got the same mindset.. That's where Microsoft about to bank at... You're looking at the future.:mjlol:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
of course I will. mainly play the switch in handheld. only time I play the game in tv mode is if the game looks 10 times better on the dock like Xenoblade.