Keep it 100, how many of you would seriously play an AAA game on your phones?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Also, explain XCloud to me. Originally the “power of the cloud” was going to make the OG Xbox One 20 times stronger, with no hardware update. Will all systems stream at the same graphics quality as one another? Will an Xbox One S, One X, Series S, and Series X all output at 4k 60 since they’re not limited by the local hardware? In that case why buy a 12 TF console? I thought xcloud was a gpu farm. What is running these games? The cloud or the local device?

@PS4 @MeachTheMonster @Kamikaze Revy @Rekkapryde @The Mad Titan @Mountain @Fatboi1 how does this technology work?

Sony stans:mjlol:
Please explain the above, breh. Let’s put console wars aside for a second, because I really want to know how this business strategy was decided upon, as someone who’s interested in tech.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also, explain XCloud to me. Originally the “power of the cloud” was going to make the OG Xbox One 20 times stronger, with no hardware update. Will all systems stream at the same graphics quality as one another? Will an Xbox One S, One X, Series S, and Series X all output at 4k 60 since they’re not limited by the local hardware? In that case why buy a 12 TF console? I thought xcloud was a gpu farm. What is running these games? The cloud or the local device?

@PS4 @MeachTheMonster @Kamikaze Revy @Rekkapryde @The Mad Titan @Mountain @Fatboi1 how does this technology work?
I think it(the render farm/gpu farm idk) will start off with Xbox One S then get upgraded to use Series X to stream games to users. If the internet connection is strong 4K/60 should be doable. I already tried 4K/60fps streaming over the internet with shadow streaming service. The console will be as capable as the stream. Will that produce indistinguishable results vs a game being played locally?? Idk.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I think it(the render farm/gpu farm idk) will start off with Xbox One S then get upgraded to use Series X to stream games to users. If the internet connection is strong 4K/60 should be doable. I already tried 4K/60fps streaming over the internet with shadow streaming service. The console will be as capable as the stream. Will that produce indistinguishable results vs a game being played locally?? Idk.
Nah, I’m asking - if you own a Series X and I own a One S, but we both pay the same monthly subscription, will we be playing at the same quality or will you be playing 11 tflops higher than me

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Highly doubtful you'll be streaming a game in 4k, even if it is possible most people can't even stream 4k movie well.

Plus how many devices outside of your PC would be able to even render that correctly? I'm guessing very few.

I think cloud powered gaming is coming but it'll probably be a gen or 2 off

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Please explain the above, breh. Let’s put console wars aside for a second, because I really want to know how this business strategy was decided upon, as someone who’s interested in tech.
I’ll give one serious response, but I think you are full of shyt anyway.

First your premise is incorrect, there was never a claim of the cloud making Xbox one 20 times stronger or anything like that.

What was claimed was that the cloud would allow devs to use remote computation power to enable new and interesting things in their games. It was an early and ambitious claim, but throughout the gen we were able to see a little bit of it. The A.I. in Titanfall was computed in the cloud, Drivatars in the Forza series. The destruction in Crackdown. And ultimately Flight Simulator is one of the most technically impressive games using the cloud tech for graphics, geometry, real time weather, even the stars and planets in the sky are rendered accurately using the cloud.
Chasing Storm Isaias in Microsoft Flight Simulator

Obviously not all games use the cloud, and different games use it for different things.

Xcloud is a cloud gaming service where the games themselves are rendered remotely and streamed to whatever screen you are using. No need for local hardware to render the games.

You claim to be so into tech but seem to have no clue how any of this works.

Either you are playing dumb for stan clicks, :scust:

or you are actually dumb.:mjlol:

Either way don’t @ me in your dumb shyt anymore. Thanks buddy :cheers:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

First your premise is incorrect, there was never a claim of the cloud making Xbox one 20 times stronger or anything like that.

What was claimed was that the cloud would allow devs to use remote computation power to enable new and interesting things in their games. It was an early and ambitious claim, but throughout the gen we were able to see a little bit of it. The A.I. in Titanfall was computed in the cloud, Drivatars in the Forza series. The destruction in Crackdown. And ultimately Flight Simulator is one of the most technically impressive games using the cloud tech for graphics, geometry, real time weather, even the stars and planets in the sky are rendered accurately using the cloud.

Obviously not all game use the cloud, and different games use it for different things.

Xcloud is a cloud gaming services where the games themselves are rendered remotely and streamed to whatever screen you are using. No need for local hardware to render the games.

Why are you being such an emotional fakkit? You and all the other xbots have been touting the power of the cloud for years, don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about you agitated bytch nikka

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why are you being such an emotional fakkit? You and all the other xbots have been touting the power of the cloud for years, don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about you agitated bytch nikka
Apparently you don’t know what you are talking about, and I’m not the emotional one calling names.

You the one up early in the morning pretending to be dumb on a forum for attention.

Damn dummy :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Obviously not all games use the cloud, and different games use it for different things.

Xcloud is a cloud gaming service where the games themselves are rendered remotely and streamed to whatever screen you are using. No need for local hardware to render the games.

All of that is cool, but it just makes Microsoft (more specifically MS stans) look a little funny in the light when a game does have much of a “wow factor” graphically. It’s all about the narrative.

Most powerful console ever!
12 teraflops!
4k / 120fps!