Justice Smith says Black Lives Matter must include black gays and trans to be legit

player611

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is exactly why this hashtag culture is dangerous. #blacklivesmatter is being turned into the #alllivesmatter of the black community. Instead of focusing on the real problems (capitalism and a racist and corrupt law enforcement and criminal justice system), now we have to talk about the evil black cismale violence, misogyny, and trans/queer acceptance.

Look, I don't want to come off as insensitive, but they're definitely distracting from the bigger picture. Idk if they're intentionally doing this, but they need to understand that people are out here fighting for something that's much bigger than them. I don't mind them nudging a little and saying "hey don't forget about us", but keep that divisive shyt in the back.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is exactly why this hashtag culture is dangerous. #blacklivesmatter is being turned into the #alllivesmatter of the black community. Instead of focusing on the real problems (capitalism and a racist and corrupt law enforcement and criminal justice system), now we have to talk about the evil black cismale violence, misogyny, and trans/queer acceptance.

Look, I don't want to come off as insensitive, but they're definitely distracting from the bigger picture. Idk if they're intentionally doing this, but they need to understand that people are out here fighting for something that's much bigger than them. I don't mind them nudging a little and saying "hey don't forget about us", but keep that divisive shyt in the back.
:ohhh: you hit the nail on the head this black LGBTQ lives matter is starting to turn into a different version of the what about black on black crime that get use any time police get away with killing a black person :wow:.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Basically they’re trying to re-hijack this to make it about gay people and ice straight black men out again...

Its not always about you gay people... nobody knows youre gay until you open your mouth and say something about it... which y’all usually do. Black men and women in general are targeted...

And if we’re being honest, most other races believe black gays to be “safe”... why do you think hollyweird keeps pushing you guys in everything.

Slam

Pro
Daps
The alphabet folk ain’t no allies.

fukking fakkits have been the bane of the African American civil rights movement.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
This is an in house discussion. Not one to be had on social media. All black people should be included in the liberation of black people. The issue LBGT people may have is not feeling welcome amongst straight black people. Which is unfortunate, but once you break down everything inside the community there will be alot of division based on characteristics. I don't advocate killing or harming other black folk for their orientation ect

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
:what: it doesnt fukking matter!!! Do they not understand that RACE>>> Sexuality... BLACK lives comes first beyond orientation do they not understand this!!!???:mindblown: We are fighting for our very survival out here and they want to bring up their issues?!?! FOH...:what:
Thank you

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I fully support gay rights. But doesn't this sound eerily like "all lives matter"? BLM encompasses all black lives, yes including gay black people. We need to do a better job supporting and accepting gay black people but at the same time I'm starting to feel like a group of fringe people are resentful that Floyd, a pretty regular black dude, sparked this movement. I first noticed this with a SMALL group of black people claiming nobody cared about Breanna Taylor but everyone cares about Floyd. Now this.

I'm not gonna make broad statements since we're talking about such a small chorus of voices.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
It's Black Lives Matter would that not include and encompass all black people?
full-3_zpsobokmvw3-png.257531
Sounds like someone doesn't identify as black first:mjpls:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
:russ: at thecoli....basically they agree with op/justice smith and don't even know it :mjlol:

arguing like
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg
:laff:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did anyone specify that BLM does NOT include gay/trans??? Cuz I dont get this... are they not black too?

Next jokers gonna say BLM need to focus on the racism and discrimination that light skin black folks go through. Cause yall ain't protesting for high yellow black folks killed by the police.