Justice Smith says Black Lives Matter must include black gays and trans to be legit

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
LGBT folks are mentally ill and he is 100% wrong in his statement....anyone who cuts off their penis or lays with the same gender are deranged lunatics....

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From the BLM website

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

Literally every spokesperson for BLM is a gay male or lesbian.

I really don’t understand why this is being talked about by celebrities

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
From the BLM website

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

You’d be surprised how many people have never read the BLM website. I showed my mum last week and it shocked her so much that she shared with people in her church and it was news to everyone she spoke to. Most people never use google to double check things.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
From the BLM website

I think it does a disservice to specifically exclude the word “men” in that expansive paragraph. I also have no idea why/how the leaders all ended up being very disproportionately lgbt or women.

I read the text as saying there are other movements that adequately represent Black men, Black straight men. I don’t think that’s true. However, it’s clear that there is a division between the people chanting Black lives matter, and Black people calling other Black people sufferers of “mental illness,” “f—ggots,” “bullet bags,” “weakest links” highlight that.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Which makes it all the more apparent that this is less about representation of black gays in this uprising than it is an attempt to co-opt the movement and weaken its affirmation that black life - especially cis black men - matters.

:francis:
Black queer women created Black Lives Matter. If anything that alone should dead this attempt by SOME gay black people to turn this into a matter of division. It encompass all black lives, as I said earlier. I'm never gonna tell anyone that "now is not the time" to stand up for their rights but this sure feels like SOME (not all) people being mad they aren't the focus. Like there's still anger and disappointment that the last major time they had the spotlight like this, it turned out to be a hoax (Jussie Smollet).

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I think it does a disservice to specifically exclude the word “men” in that expansive paragraph. I also have no idea why/how the leaders all ended up being very disproportionately lgbt or women.

I read the text as saying there are other movements that adequately represent Black men, Black straight men. I don’t think that’s true. However, it’s clear that there is a division between the people chanting Black lives matter, and Black people calling other Black people sufferers of “mental illness,” “f—ggots,” “bullet bags,” “weakest links” highlight that.

Straight men don't like being around women dressed like Snoop from the Wire, Flamboyant Billy Porter brehs, and treh gangs and they all hate straight men, so a male role would be excluded pretty much instantly in a leadership positions....

I mean, would you ask Mike Vick be in charge of the Cheerleading squad?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
When did Black people say that it is okay for LGBTQ people to get attacked and killed by the police? I haven’t heard that one time. It is a straw man argument and a deflection to get the attention off police violence and enacting true reform. I’m not even going to give it 5 minutes of my time.
its projection.

Whats funny is that you don't even see straight black men anywhere near the leadership of BLM.

Not anywhere in these last few years.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Straight men don't like being around women dressed like Snoop from the Wire, Flamboyant Billy Porter brehs, and treh gangs and they all hate straight men, so a male role would be excluded pretty much instantly in a leadership positions....

this isn’t true most “studs” are and always have been around black men. No one is uncomfortable by that.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La

So why would they feel included when straight Black men like you feel this way?

And why are they asking to be included if they hate straight Black men? I know some of them are super funny style with their politics but no all of them don’t hate SBM.

And Michael Vick is athletic, if he can do flips or whatever cheerleaders do, why not? I’m confused about you asking me about cheerleading. :why:

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
From the BLM website

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I mean if we being real the black community sort of despises trannies. I don't know if gays still get roasted, I think most of it stops when we all get older.

But yeah the black community ain't with trannies as of now. It's still something new that we got to get used to.

I don't understand either though. I'd like a religious breh to explain why there's gay men and transgender dudes
Every community does. You think white trans people would tell you glowing stories of acceptance and love with straight white men?

Nah but the finger always points to us.