Just watched Batman vs Superman for the 2nd time, and it's not as bad as we thought

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's the point, it's not executed properly so it comes off as dumb. I knew what Snyder wanted but he sucks at shyt like that. I can forgive the scene because it leads to the best part of the film which should have been the fight between bats and supes. Just one of those movies that will live in infamy and possibly when the smoke clears, might end up being the best DC film in this universe they building.
:lolbron:
I don't have much hope for JL and WW I just have no interest in. hopefully I'm wrong cuz I wanna see dope movies period.

Yeah I've said before that he's not really a emotional moment kinda guy. He can nail it at times, like a few moments in watchmen, but overall that's not his forte

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I don't want the theatrical cut anymore.... the original cut is so much superior.

However, I find it funny people are so-called complaining about the plot. Yet I am willing to bet they praise Civil War which virtually have the SAME DAMN PLOT.
They both have a lot of the same criticisms that people choose to ignore on civil war. nikkas talk about the justice league intros being lazy as fukk but that weak ass spiderman shyt gets a pass? :dahell: it's the exact same shyt.

neither movie is good but on the re-watches this movie was better than civil war to me. idk if i was caught up in the opening night hype or what but civil war was straight trash when i watched it on Netflix yesterday.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
who thought Hitler was an unstoppable superpowered godlike being?:jbhmm:
Probably his followers and victims.

You don't have to be an unstoppable force to be taken out at all costs, see Sadaam.

And ironically that whole, 1% chance he is our enemy line was lifted from Cheney when justifying the Iraq invasion.

Daps
If you ain't watching the extended cut and call this a good movie then you can swim in a swamp of shyt because that's exactly how your taste is.

I can never watch that horrific theatrical cut. shyt was the worst movie I ever saw in theaters. :scust:

Maybe that's why the movie was so much better when I watched it this time. :ohhh:

Maybe I saw the theatrical version the first time and now I'm seeing the extended version. :ohhh:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
It's a movie that just can't get out of its own way. What's unfortunate is that there are elements of a dope movie in there, but it's not put together in a way that allows it to be the movie it could have been. It's basically like a film version of the Darth Kermit meme.

Good Kermit: Hey, we're almost two movies in and this senate hearing would be a great chance for Superman to share his sentiments. Moreover, for him to express how he sees himself in the context of our world. He really hasn't expressed anything in two movies.

full
fukk that. Blow that bytch up before he can speak.

Good Kermit: Hey, this movie has a very serious tone. It's obviously a movie that takes itself seriously, and we want to make sure that the casting and character portrayals reflect that.

full
fukk that. Make Zuckerberg doing a Riddler impression the villain.

Good Kermit: This movie posits some interesting philosophical questions about the nature of being benevolent, all-powerful or a God. Maybe we could explore these themes? Even in antiquity God's are usually responsible for some mechanical function of the world. Whether, it's being causing the tides, the sun rising and setting, or the potency of wine. Superman in that context isn't a God.

full
fukk that. That nikka a God. Pops named him Kal-El.

And on and on.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did he know Supes Mom wasn't an alien tho? They both look human.

It's no so much that whether he assumes his mother is human or not... but the fact that in combination of realizing the human emotion that Superman was conveying, no so much in pleading for his OWN life, but for pleading for his mother to be saved in combination to Batman's OWN mother being killed and he stood there just AS HELPLESS as Superman was at that moment. It's also why he volunteered to go save Martha, it was his own chance for redemption.

Daps
You didn't notice the extra scenes that add up to 30 more minutes? :dwillhuh:

:dwillhuh: this was my first time watching it since it came out in theaters

that was almost a yr ago. I didn't remember every single scene. I was just sitting here watching the movie, enjoying it, thinking to myself, "this ain't as bad as I remember :patrice: "

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
It's a movie that just can't get out of its own way. What's unfortunate is that there are elements of a dope movie in there, but it's not put together in a way that allows it to be the movie it could have been. It's basically like a film version of the Darth Kermit meme.

Good Kermit: Hey, we're almost two movies in and this senate hearing would be a great chance for Superman to share his sentiments. Moreover, for him to express how he sees himself in the context of our world. He really hasn't expressed anything in two movies.

full
fukk that. Blow that bytch up before he can speak.

Good Kermit: Hey, this movie has a very serious tone. It's obviously a movie that takes itself seriously, and we want to make sure that the casting and character [portrayals reflect that.

full
fukk that. Make Zuckerberg doing a Riddler impression the villain.

Good Kermit: This movie posits some interesting philosophical questions about the nature of being benevolent, all-powerful or a God. Maybe we could explore these these themes? Even in antiquity God's are usually responsible for some mechanical function of the world. Whether, it's being responsible for the tides, the sun rising and setting, or the potency of wine. Superman in that context isn't a God.

full
fukk that. That nikka a God. Pops named him Kal-El.

And on and on.
:russ:

the movie was a failure. certain nikkas will stay coppin pleas cause they just cant accept it ended up being trash after all those years of hyping it up

got nikkas in here sayin "well i can forgive this cause....", or "but thats alright because..." :mjlol:

nikkas defend this shyt like parents defending their child :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there is an even 1% chance he is our enemy . . . . blah blah blah blah flew out the window once he found out both their Mom's had the same oh so common name of Martha. :mjlol:
And Lex creates Doomsday to kill all the heroes but has 0 contingency plans if his plan actually worked. :mjlol:

Superman never uses his X Ray vision and stews while hundreds burn to death because he was all in his feelings and not looking for any threats. :mjlol:

Bruce Wayne's man in charge at the Wayne Enterprises building asks if he should leave while aliens tear down Metropolis. :mjlol:

No one knows who Superman is until you know they HAVE TO and then everyone knows and they always knew deep down. :mjlol:

Superman gives a speech to Lois before a final fight about dying KNOWING Doomsday is going to kill him and he wasn't going to try to survive. Isn't that called suicide?! :mjlol:

The movie tried to be deep but just came off really dumb.

They messed up by not explaining that part in the original cut, but if you watch the ultimate edition they found out that the wheel chair bomb was laced with lead. Superman can't see through that.